C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Door seal replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2002, 04:05 PM

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
Angry Door seal replacement

I just had my MB in the garage for service and the drivers side door rubber was scuffed up from entering the car. They replaced only the front 2 door seals with the new cloth style and let the old black rubber ones on the back doors. The service guy said MB only authorized those to be replaced. Has this been anyones expirence or am I getting the shaft?
Old 07-18-2002, 04:44 PM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
Re: Door seal replacement

Originally posted by Rainers
I just had my MB in the garage for service and the drivers side door rubber was scuffed up from entering the car. They replaced only the front 2 door seals with the new cloth style and let the old black rubber ones on the back doors. The service guy said MB only authorized those to be replaced. Has this been anyones expirence or am I getting the shaft?
I assume you're writing about the door frame seals... In which case, IMO, I believe you ARE getting the shaft. They replaced all four on mine. Here's the thread.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...or+frame+seals

I would ask your servicemonkeys (and the regional service monkey if necessary) if they would like having a MB of their own with mismatched door frame seals?