C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Another w203 with 19's...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 11:26 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Originally Posted by white_w203
looks great.

dont sell your springs!!! you need to lower!!!
thanks! I'm selling the springs b/c they're for the v6's, so I want to get the right springs for my car...

Originally Posted by drexappeal
WTH are you saying, Phil? Common now, you definitely have to drop that mug!

It looks driveable right now, but still way to big of wheel well gaps. Dude, we have underpowered cars as is, if you drop it, at least the handling will be alright.
yeah... thanks, more $$$$ to spend now!

btw, do I really need an alignment? I'm going to have the wheels balanced probably on Sat.

I was gonna hold off on the alignment until I dropped it b/c I would have to do it again then anyways... Is an alignment asap necessary? Nothing in the car's geometry got changed, so I was thinking its not.

thanks!
Old 10-31-2005, 08:21 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by nlpamg
thanks! I'm selling the springs b/c they're for the v6's, so I want to get the right springs for my car...

yeah... thanks, more $$$$ to spend now!

btw, do I really need an alignment? I'm going to have the wheels balanced probably on Sat.

I was gonna hold off on the alignment until I dropped it b/c I would have to do it again then anyways... Is an alignment asap necessary? Nothing in the car's geometry got changed, so I was thinking its not.

thanks!
Well, just depends on how long you plan to run before drop. I wouldn't go without alignment (especially putting on brand new rims and tires), but that's just me. I've done it before (not get an alignment after installing new tires), but it was all based on assumption that everything was still good to go from an alignment I had done the week before and I didn't have any problems.

Just got off the phone with Jonathan (another rep that helped out Justin on R&D) and he said usually it's a 2-3 month process for production. Since the Super Street and Basics were determined to be useable for all the models it currently indicates, they were able to release those right away. The S-Techs were R&D'd on my car, but obviously there is still a time frame before they are actually out for sale. Sorry, bro. Didn't realize that it would take that long after the R&D to go into production and sales.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:44 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Well, just depends on how long you plan to run before drop. I wouldn't go without alignment (especially putting on brand new rims and tires), but that's just me. I've done it before (not get an alignment after installing new tires), but it was all based on assumption that everything was still good to go from an alignment I had done the week before and I didn't have any problems.

Just got off the phone with Jonathan (another rep that helped out Justin on R&D) and he said usually it's a 2-3 month process for production. Since the Super Street and Basics were determined to be useable for all the models it currently indicates, they were able to release those right away. The S-Techs were R&D'd on my car, but obviously there is still a time frame before they are actually out for sale. Sorry, bro. Didn't realize that it would take that long after the R&D to go into production and sales.
alignment's not needed if he only changed the wheels. he will need alignment however when he decides to lower the car.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:00 AM
Super Moderator

thanks for the tips guys!

well, after a full day driving it... I like!

it's noisier than stock and bumpier (maybe it's b/c I need it balanced)...

BUT, it handles a lot better. I can take curves and turns waaay better than I could with my stock PS's and it KILLS the nasty Continental's that I get on the loaners... and, no squealing!

the parking structure in my office is kinda funny and it's helical. (for those of you in LA, it's the Century Park Towers and the structure for the old Century City Entertainment Center) and it grips soooo much better and no squealing at all...

I like.

If I drop it hopefully it'll improve handling more, but I don't want my ride to be bumpier... that's why I'm hesitating...
Old 11-01-2005, 01:41 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
...it's noisier than stock and bumpier (maybe it's b/c I need it balanced)...

If I drop it hopefully it'll improve handling more, but I don't want my ride to be bumpier... that's why I'm hesitating...
It's noisier and bumpier than stock, most likely because you are running on less rubber than stock.

The drop will improve the handling, but the ride won't be that much more bumpy if you are running on stock shocks, so if you're hesitating due to the "possible" bumpy ride, don't hesitate anymore.

Maybe Friday, I can pick you up and we'll roll out to do a canyon run on Mulholland so that you can feel how bumpy my ride is (not that much). That way you can make a decision from there.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:46 AM
Super Moderator

It's noisier and bumpier than stock, most likely because you are running on less rubber than stock.

The drop will improve the handling, but the ride won't be that much more bumpy if you are running on stock shocks, so if you're hesitating due to the "possible" bumpy ride, don't hesitate anymore.

Maybe Friday, I can pick you up and we'll roll out to do a canyon run on Mulholland so that you can feel how bumpy my ride is (not that much). That way you can make a decision from there.
sounds good! and Drex!!!!! ARRRRRRRGH!!!! YOU'RE MAKING ME SPEND WAAAAAAAAY TOO MUCH MONEY!!!!!!! haha, thanks bud!
Old 11-01-2005, 01:52 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

sounds good! and Drex!!!!! ARRRRRRRGH!!!! YOU'RE MAKING ME SPEND WAAAAAAAAY TOO MUCH MONEY!!!!!!! haha, thanks bud!
Dude, Imma help you out even more. Cappa has new Eibach pro spring kit for sale. Check it:

LINK: Classifieds - Cappa26 Eibach Pro spring kit
Old 11-01-2005, 02:05 AM
Super Moderator

Dude, Imma help you out even more. Cappa has new Eibach pro spring kit for sale. Check it:

LINK: Classifieds - Cappa26 Eibach Pro spring kit
thanks! I would, but they seem kinda pricey and the drop (as seen on Johnny's car before the Tein's and on a few others) isn't as aggressive as the H&R. I think I could get the H&R from one of the sponsors and have it installed for a good price... or just go to a few of the local tuners... at this point, I think I'm pretty much set on H&R's springs (with rear pad #4).

btw, thanks for checking with Tein for me, I really appreciate it!
Old 11-01-2005, 11:46 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

thanks! I would, but they seem kinda pricey and the drop (as seen on Johnny's car before the Tein's and on a few others) isn't as aggressive as the H&R. I think I could get the H&R from one of the sponsors and have it installed for a good price... or just go to a few of the local tuners... at this point, I think I'm pretty much set on H&R's springs (with rear pad #4).

btw, thanks for checking with Tein for me, I really appreciate it!
Why rear pad #4? Go with what you have now pad #2 (I'm pretty sure). Yeah, isn't Frank the most local out of all the sponsors? Check with him. He hooked me up with my Porterfields and they don't even carry the Porterfields on the norm.

btw, who's Johnny again?...Can't keep track of a lot of people's real names-screenames. Mine is easy at least!...
Old 11-01-2005, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

Why rear pad #4? Go with what you have now pad #2 (I'm pretty sure). Yeah, isn't Frank the most local out of all the sponsors? Check with him. He hooked me up with my Porterfields and they don't even carry the Porterfields on the norm.

btw, who's Johnny again?...Can't keep track of a lot of people's real names-screenames. Mine is easy at least!...
I want pad 4 so it'll be somewhat more even with the front. I don't like the look where the back is waaay lower than the front...

hahaha, all g. Johnny is BIGjohnny (black 05 with the LM6 reps)...
Old 11-01-2005, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

I want pad 4 so it'll be somewhat more even with the front. I don't like the look where the back is waaay lower than the front...

hahaha, all g. Johnny is BIGjohnny (black 05 with the LM6 reps)...
Now I remember.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB C240
Nice rims... how much did u pay for it with tires??
Old 11-10-2005, 03:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Blimp
not bad here.. looks better then i thought.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 Citron Green C230KMT
those look svery nice. not oversized like i thought before the pictures popped up! sweet!

whatcha gonna do with your old ones?
Old 11-10-2005, 11:26 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by CitronC230K_03
those look svery nice. not oversized like i thought before the pictures popped up! sweet!

whatcha gonna do with your old ones?
thanks!

after seeing it more, it definitely needs to be dropped to complete the look though

as for my old wheels, they'll be sitting in my garage. I think it'll be smarter for me to save them and then put them back on my car when I decide to trade it in... (not like the dealer will give me any more for these wheels) then I can sell these wheels.

here's a pic taken at ef1 when I was getting them balanced:
Attached Thumbnails Another w203 with 19's...-wall6sm.jpg  
Old 11-11-2005, 05:41 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

thanks!

after seeing it more, it definitely needs to be dropped to complete the look though

as for my old wheels, they'll be sitting in my garage. I think it'll be smarter for me to save them and then put them back on my car when I decide to trade it in... (not like the dealer will give me any more for these wheels) then I can sell these wheels.

here's a pic taken at ef1 when I was getting them balanced:
You down to go get a quote on springs Saturday, Phil? I'm going down to confirm my quote on my rims. Might as well head out with me!