C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Mr. Engineer's Command install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2005 | 02:03 AM

C200K w203
Mr. Engineer's Command install

many of u prob seen this thred

Comand wiring question looking for simple answer

about me dissing AUS $2400 command and AUS $300 install, anyway i take all of it back

i bought my own command last week from eBay for AUS $651 and i received it today

eBay winning bid

i've just installed it, it took me about 1.5 hrs in total and cost me a total of AUS $1, so a poor man's command install u can call it

i don't have the CD for the MAP gonna have to get it off my friend
i don't know if the stock antenna will be any good for GPS reception
if not i will make my own GPS antenna out of "COAX cable" and give u guys an update

n if i have more time in the furture i will add TV and hack with linux

here r the pics
Attached Thumbnails Mr. Engineer's Command install-dsc06429.jpg   Mr. Engineer's Command install-dsc06430.jpg   Mr. Engineer's Command install-dsc06437.jpg   Mr. Engineer's Command install-dsc06438.jpg   Mr. Engineer's Command install-dsc06439.jpg  

Old 10-31-2005 | 02:15 AM

C200K w203
BTW if u guys need WIS or Alldata v.8.0 Mercedes

u can download it using torrent

WIS

Alldata.v8.0.Mercedes

now Q about GPS MAP, my neighbour has BMW with GPS...will the CD work with the command (i assume it will work as long as a NAVI type DX) ? or do i have to use Merc specific GPS CD ?

my friend has a S350 with command...i guess its the same as the w203's command ? so his GPS CD will work for me?

Last edited by kingkong; 10-31-2005 at 02:19 AM.
Old 10-31-2005 | 03:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 slightly modified
You see how much cheaper the COMAND is without the wiring, without a GPS antenna, without an AUX cable, without a manual and without technical support or warranty.

"Direct your questions to BOSCH Australia ... "

Classic.

Just keep in mind that S350 and BMW dont have DX navigation. Blaupunkt will release the Version 12 next week for $350. Maybe that can help you. Only 50% of the purchase price.

Well I know that Steve has another 200 COMAND in stock. So I should have no problems backing my claims. Dont forget to tell us all how upset you are when the GPS antenna you order from the local dealer doesnt have the HIROSE connector on it (GT5) .... you will need to import the antenna from someone who has them.

Or buy them from Blaupunkt, Alpine, VW, Audi or Porsche.

Last edited by benzmodz; 10-31-2005 at 03:04 AM.
Old 10-31-2005 | 03:17 AM

C200K w203
thanks for your info you r very kind

i've got another Q, my steering wheel buttons don't work with command

is that normal if installed without stardiag ?
Old 10-31-2005 | 03:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

From: San Diego, CA & San Jose, Costa Rica & Stuttgart, Germany
1959 220S / 1979 230 G / 2002 A210 AMG / 2003 C320 SC / 2004.5 C320 SS / 2005 ML350 SE / 2008 smart
Old 10-31-2005 | 03:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by kingkong
thanks for your info you r very kind

i've got another Q, my steering wheel buttons don't work with command

is that normal if installed without stardiag ?
I dont want to make a monkey out of you King Kong but I have to warn you that the CAN connections are incorrect.

Since you have some kind of WIS you need to look up document # PE82.85-P-2101-99FA and make careful note of the colours and positions.

EDIT: Since you dont have an owners manual (included in my sales) I realise now that there is nothing stored in your memory positions. You cant operate the steering wheel in preset mode if nothing is stored in preset.

Last edited by benzmodz; 10-31-2005 at 03:38 AM.
Old 10-31-2005 | 04:16 AM

01 C200K | 02 CLK320 | 11 C250 Coupe (current)
Can someone please tell me what 'DX' navigation is? Thanx
Old 10-31-2005 | 04:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by DC BENZO
Can someone please tell me what 'DX' navigation is? Thanx
If you start your NAV up you will see a DX logo after the STAR logo.
Old 10-31-2005 | 04:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 C Wagon (No snickering please!)
Lets get ready to ruuummmble! In this corner we have weighing in at 10 stone and 7, wearing genuine Merceds Benz trunks, The Sydney Slugger.....and in the opposite corner we have the challenger weighing in at 9 stone and 8, wearing counterfeit Yugo trunks, the Brawler of Brisbane.

The above was meant to be funny, so don't anyone take offense. To be serious, when you unplug the stock head unit, you need to clear any error codes in the car, I call it flushing the CAN, then install the COMAND. Version code it, then flush the CAN again. This is possibly the reason your steering wheel controls don't work. You probably need to get the proper CD for the NAV data, as other manufacturers use different data base compilers, and have some minimal rights roadblocks to prevent you from using other than MBZ CD's. Even within MBZ the data disc's are different amoung the different models. There is also a setting the wheel diameter so the map knows where you are when the sat signal is not available.
Old 10-31-2005 | 06:01 AM

C200K w203
ok after some research, i realised i am monkey and a big one at that no wonder my name is kingkong

erm diy antenna is a bad idea on a Merc, the only way it can be connected to the command is to solder it because of the stupid HRS

damn i am a big fool

really sorry about b 4 to talking **** that i didn't know / wasn't sure

benzmodz can u pls PM me the $$$ for antenna and the Nav CD V12 and $ for pervious version thanks :p
Old 10-31-2005 | 06:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by Moviela
Lets get ready to ruuummmble! In this corner we have weighing in at 10 stone and 7, wearing genuine Merceds Benz trunks, The Sydney Slugger.....and in the opposite corner we have the challenger weighing in at 9 stone and 8, wearing counterfeit Yugo trunks, the Brawler of Brisbane.

The above was meant to be funny, so don't anyone take offense. To be serious, when you unplug the stock head unit, you need to clear any error codes in the car, I call it flushing the CAN, then install the COMAND. Version code it, then flush the CAN again. This is possibly the reason your steering wheel controls don't work. You probably need to get the proper CD for the NAV data, as other manufacturers use different data base compilers, and have some minimal rights roadblocks to prevent you from using other than MBZ CD's. Even within MBZ the data disc's are different amoung the different models. There is also a setting the wheel diameter so the map knows where you are when the sat signal is not available.
The nav was removed from a new car. So it probably doesnt have any station presets. If you convert the user preference to frequency search the nav suddenly works from the steering wheel.

I think the contest was to see who could get the cheapest COMAND .... now let's see who can get it to work !
Old 10-31-2005 | 07:14 AM
Almost a Member!

S55 AMG
ok after some research, i realised i am monkey and a big one at that no wonder my name is kingkong

erm diy antenna is a bad idea on a Merc, the only way it can be connected to the command is to solder it because of the stupid HRS

damn i am a big fool

benzmodz can u pls PM me the $$$ for antenna and the Nav CD V12 and $ for pervious version thanks :p
That's what we like to see, someone getting the humility smacked into them with their own baseball bat! Aint paradigm shifts a b!atch (j/k) Theres a reason why we rely on the guys who have been around for a while.
Old 10-31-2005 | 06:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 slightly modified

damn i am a big fool

I dont consider you did the wrong thing at all but learning the hard way is better on a Diahatsu than on a Benz. Lucky for you that nothing (so far) is damaged.

I have one original version 9 and several HRS equipped under-dash antennas.

If you want the factory style then you could also consider getting the full GPS cable that goes from front to back and allows the antenna to be attached to the rear glass.

I find the rear glass attachment is more work but I like the performance.

You can PM me for details as I am not a sponsor so I am not allowed to publish my website here.
Old 11-01-2005 | 07:17 PM

w203
german ebay might have what you want, I think the connector is called WICLIC....anyway check this out http://cgi.ebay.de/MB-Comand-2-0-GPS...QQcmdZViewItem

dont quote me i dont know much about this stuff
Old 11-01-2005 | 08:18 PM

w203
or even this website http://www.audiocomp.at/shop/en/inde...tml&lang=en-us