C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Shifter Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 04:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C55 ///AMG, 535xi
Shifter Help

I did a search but ima still confuseddd

I have a 03 C coupe and the shifter is loose (prolly the parking guys f**ed around with it) it turns a bit from left to right, how can i get this fixed?
Old 11-17-2005, 11:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
take the knob off and try to reinstall it.

IF i remember correctly...

Take out the ash tray
remove the rubber peice in the bottom of the cup holder (just reach in and pull it out)
take out the robotic cup holder assembly (should just lift right out after the rubber peice is removed)
firmly lift the trim piece around the cup holder, pull it (its held in with a series of clips, its snug but will snap out)
then remove the trim peice around the shifter (i start on the ash tray side, pull it straight up till it unsnaps then pull up on the cup holder side by pulling it straight up)
No reason to remove any of the wires
Under the shift boot there is a round plastic peice that holds on the knob. ( i think its white)
Push up on it towards the know and twist it (i think clockwise) and then it should slide down
Pull the knob off the shift stick.

Try to see if that is just loose or if it has to be replaced. reassemble... Entire process will take about 10 minutes from start to finish...