C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Need help with Audio System

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 01:51 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Need help with Audio System

Hey Guys, i'm new to this forum, and first of all i would like to thank everyone for their future help and suggestions.

What I need help with:

I have a 2004 C230 Coupe with BOSE Sound System.
Now the Car is awesome, but the Bass in that car just sucks.
-> So. I want to add a new Subwoofer and AMP to my car.
New components were put in a custom box;Integrated extra amp (only to power the speaker in box) and a highly performing speaker.I want to connect both to my existing system.

The Question:
Can I
- use the Power Cable that leads to my BOSE Subwoofer to power my second one ? (want to keep both Subwoofers connected to the system; so it has to power both)
- connect my cables in the back (with cables running into the BOSE Subwoofer), so i don't have to pull cables all the way to the front?

What is the best way to incorporate my new components into my car.
(Detailed information is highly welcomed; wire locations, etc.)

Thank You
Ben

P.S.: If you need more infor to assist me, please let me know

Last edited by spyder2005; 11-20-2005 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Misspelling
Old 11-20-2005, 02:23 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Welcome to the forum. The best place to start is by STFF as this has been covered numerous times.
Old 11-20-2005, 02:36 PM

I am very sorry to hear that this has alsready been addressed and i asked this question, but i have looked for soemthing similar to my scenario in this forum for over an hour and i couldn't find anything. It would be helpfull if someone told me exactly where to find this.

Thank You

(Vielen Dank, am deutsch, bin auch Deutsch )
Old 11-20-2005, 03:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 CL203
Okay, here you go. YOu will need to run new power wires all the way to the front, do not attempt to tap power from the bose amp. As for the signal, you can tap the signal from the bose sub. If you need a lead wire that turns on you new amp with the car, than just look to the left side fuse box in the trunk and use the empty fuse 7.

Dion.
Old 11-20-2005, 03:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
'04 Mars Red C230K Sport Coupe (not Coup-EH)
Originally Posted by spyder2005
I am very sorry to hear that this has alsready been addressed and i asked this question, but i have looked for soemthing similar to my scenario in this forum for over an hour and i couldn't find anything. It would be helpfull if someone told me exactly where to find this.

Thank You

(Vielen Dank, am deutsch, bin auch Deutsch )
I'd like to help you directly but since I haven't done this operation myself, I searched for it. On the very first page of the search results for "bose coupe" in the w203 forums, I came up with these two threads:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...ght=bose+coupe

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...ght=bose+coupe

Try using the advanced search feature next time to filter out extraneous results and try looking only in the W203 forums, as opposed to regular search which looks in all forums.
Old 11-20-2005, 03:54 PM

Thank you, very much. I guess i just used the wrong keywords. I'm still learning and will do better next time. I really appreatiate your help. Great people here !
Old 11-20-2005, 08:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 C-Class Sportcoupe
Originally Posted by DACHIGGA
Okay, here you go. YOu will need to run new power wires all the way to the front, do not attempt to tap power from the bose amp. As for the signal, you can tap the signal from the bose sub. If you need a lead wire that turns on you new amp with the car, than just look to the left side fuse box in the trunk and use the empty fuse 7.

Dion.
Yup, the new amp and sub should be on separate circuit. It should have power directly from the battery with an inline fuse.