C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

MB DAS Settings?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2002, 10:30 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chirp 3x

Screen for Chrip 3x at locking, 1x at opening. Not NORWAY as many have mentioned but Netherlands (big deal I know).
Old 07-26-2002, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+
Originally posted by renncpe
I’m not sure why anybody is confused. There is no room for any interpretation in the settings. The settings are based in the US octane standards if you have a US spec car. The setting for 93 octane is not equal to 93 ron it’s like 98 ron. The fuel quantity settings provide more fuel (richer) at WOT, start up, idle.
But it does say "93 RON" on a Star Diag screen in a service center of a local US dealer

Last edited by vadim; 07-26-2002 at 10:48 PM.
Old 07-26-2002, 10:47 PM

C230
Great Stuff as Always. Thanks Kleemann. Now that’s resolved. This should take care of the lean A/F ratio and Pre-Detonation concerns that those of us with pulleys have. Its nice to have a car that has Adaptive ECU's. I am glad I don’t need to play with the MAS or fuel regulator as others with older engines are doing on the SLK's.

Sounds like we need a better or second intercooler to cool things down if we want more Torque.
Old 07-26-2002, 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+
Originally posted by renncpe
Right it says vaule on RON at least 93 octane it doen not say 93 RON. See the diffrence.
renncpe, what planet are you from????
Old 07-26-2002, 11:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Chirp 3x

Originally posted by KLEEMANN
Screen for Chrip 3x at locking, 1x at opening. Not NORWAY as many have mentioned but Netherlands (big deal I know).
Which is it to disable the NO PHONE on the MFD menus?
Old 07-26-2002, 11:24 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Dont know off-hand I dont get any requests for that programming... But I will search for you on Monday.

BTW I think your dealer was feeding you a line or going about things the wrong way with regards to the "unlock code". There is a 16 digit SCN string you need to get from the FDOK to SWITCH out an ECU- not to select the adaptives. All cars MBZ sells in USA are 50 state cars so I dont believe the "Cali get strange rules" reasoning.
Old 07-27-2002, 12:25 AM

2002 silver c32
thanks young, i never been quoted before :)

here are the dyno results. you can interpret it however you wish.

the dyno probably implies improvement in some areas, but my butt dyno didn't like the way it felt. though there are a couple of spikes of improvement, you can see that 3rd and 4th gear were more "choppy."

it could all be in my head, but i felt that the ride was a little smoother at the base setting.
Old 07-27-2002, 12:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32 AMG
Dont know off-hand I dont get any requests for that programming... But I will search for you on Monday.

If it is not too much trouble, could confirm the ability to delete the No Tele-aid message as well? The dealer has told me over the phone it is not possible, but I believe it is. I am taking it in Tuesday for something else, so maybe they can do it for me then.
Old 07-27-2002, 09:20 AM

w203 c230K 2002
Originally posted by vadim
renncpe, what planet are you from????
What??? do you think that 93 RON is the same as 93 Octane?A RON of 97 = 93 Octane.
Old 07-27-2002, 11:52 AM

C230
Originally posted by irvinec32

the dyno probably implies improvement in some areas, but my butt dyno didn't like the way it felt. though there are a couple of spikes of improvement, you can see that 3rd and 4th gear were more "choppy."

it could all be in my head, but i felt that the ride was a little smoother at the base setting.
irvinec32, Thanks for the dyno. So the 1st run base had both the Ignition and Fuel Quantity adaptives at Base, correct?

And the second run had the ignition set to 91 or 93 and the Fuel Quantity at base, correct?

Last edited by edvpt; 07-27-2002 at 02:28 PM.
Old 07-27-2002, 12:25 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Re: thanks young, i never been quoted before :)

Originally posted by irvinec32

This makes perfect sense. If you have done nothing to require additional fuel or need timing retard (EG: increase in boost) you will certainly not benefit from those settings. Linh, Buellwinkle and a host of others have shown that standard settings are the best on non-modified cars- the settings are optimum. However- after boost increases you would certainly want appropriate fuel- timing retard is a safety to prevent incipent knock as most boost increases push the envelope of the stock intercooler a little too far.
Old 07-27-2002, 02:24 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

"NO PHONE"

Just got back from our workshop and can verify that this removes the "NO PHONE" screen on W203's:

With DAS:

Control Units -> Info. and comms. -> ICM -> Control Unit Adaptations -> Version Coding -> Optional Equipment

You will be presented with a menu of options- all are either "PRESENT" or "NOT PRESENT". Select "NOT PRESENT" for the cellular telephone and the MFD display goes away. Pressing either of the two phone buttons on the wheel results in: "FUNCTION NOT AVAILABLE" on the MFD- then it goes away in a few seconds.

I am too cheap to have bought tele-aid ()so my Coupe does not display it- Oddly enough it is "NOT PRESENT"- it too can be removed.
Old 07-27-2002, 02:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32 AMG
Thanks KLEEMANN! My dealer, ugh.
Old 07-27-2002, 06:05 PM
rrf

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks

I had my NO PHONE message removed, (thus I knew it could be done), but didn't have the exact menu location for it.

It is very disappointing that the dealers know less about these features than some of the customers. The fact that some dealers say "nope, can't be done" then, along comes proof. Sometimes they still say "No", until the EXACT menu is handed to them.

Is this good service? MBZ please train the techs. These menus and features should be published, what is the secret? If they were published the techs might have a chance. Right now I would say the score is about Customers 4, Techs 1.

JustinTRW suggest you have a good talk with your Service Advisor, they will soon be asking you to grade their efforts as "Excellent".
Old 07-27-2002, 07:06 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Dealers

I think its a case of not caring- Techs in the shop deal with this every day. If you wanted to install a telephone you would be doing the reverse procedure- rather simple to me. Service advisors are all about getting paid work through the shop- usually warranty stuff. Your DAS request is a non-paid effort on their part- thus they dont give a s***.

Too bad really- as you are right- they are always on me to rate their service (whith the silly little mail-in cards). They try to solicit an "excellent" grade by offering up a MBZ coffe mug or other stupid gift. They miss the point dont they?
Old 07-30-2002, 10:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BTW I think your dealer was feeding you a line or going about things the wrong way with regards to the "unlock code". There is a 16 digit SCN string you need to get from the FDOK to SWITCH out an ECU- not to select the adaptives. All cars MBZ sells in USA are 50 state cars so I dont believe the "Cali get strange rules" reasoning.
The car was in the shop since Friday and finally got it back today. They put their "dyno guy" on it and he spend days trying to figure out why he couldn't get in to the ECU menu. It turn out to be a faulty front SAM module (I have no idea what that means but they said it has something to do with accessing the ECU). They then were able to change the Fuel/Ignition settings and the "NO PHONE" settings. All I need is time to get it on a dyno and check to see what effect Stage 3 and 91 Octane have on the a/f ratio and power. I would have tried Stage 2 and 93 octane but I figured I'm in So Cal at sea level and it's hot and dry and our cars drink watered down 91 octane with way more oxygenates than other states.

Driving it I can't tell any difference but I didn't expect to.
Old 11-09-2002, 06:49 AM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Re: "NO PHONE"

Just got back from our workshop and can verify that this removes the "NO PHONE" screen on W203's:

With DAS:

Control Units -> Info. and comms. -> ICM -> Control Unit Adaptations -> Version Coding -> Optional Equipment

You will be presented with a menu of options- all are either "PRESENT" or "NOT PRESENT". Select "NOT PRESENT" for the cellular telephone and the MFD display goes away. Pressing either of the two phone buttons on the wheel results in: "FUNCTION NOT AVAILABLE" on the MFD- then it goes away in a few seconds.

I
Thanx a bunch. Off to the dealer I go.
Old 02-01-2003, 12:35 AM

1995 Ferrari Spider, Porsche 911 Turbo,01 Hayabusa, 01- E55
hey kleeman, how much do you sell that software for...????
Old 02-01-2003, 10:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Autostream
hey kleeman, how much do you sell that software for...????

Kleemann can't sell that software. It isn't his. My understanding is that the computer and software can be leased from MB for $14,000 to $25,000 per year depending on what modules you need.
Old 02-01-2003, 11:09 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Once again, Lynn is on the money.

The MBZ DAS is a diagnostic system available at great cost only from MBZ.
Old 06-12-2003, 08:36 AM
moomeh

if i'm understanding this, i should not change my octane rating of 91 to 93 since i don't have any aftermarket performance mods. is this a correct assessment? michigan and ohio all have 93 octane at the pump, so 93 is readily available. but at the same time, loosing 10 hp in my c240 is not exactly a good thing. also, i always rev up at 5k even 6k before shifting. so yes or no on the change? thanks guyz.
Old 06-12-2003, 08:55 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Do not change the settings.