C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

C320 Wagon Issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 05:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C320 Wagon
C320 Wagon Issues

Hi. I own a 2002 C320 Wagon, purchased used, still under factory warranty. Lately, I have been experiencing electrical problems. Dealer installed a new power seat module and said no more battery drain. Now, the Exit/Entry convenience (reset) does not cause the seat to move back all the way; the reverse mirror feature works occassionally; and when the passenger seat is moved forward or aft, the headrest goes up. I can also hear what sounds to be an electric motor running even when the key is out and all accessories off. Any suggestions as to what is wrong?

The other big concern is the vibrating/rumbling sounds from the rear hatchback or suspension. Sometimes the hatch sounds as though its vibrating. Other times the rear suspension is clunky and makes rumbling sounds.

So far the dealer has been pleasant. I really like this car and want to keep it for a while. Please let me know if any of you have experienced similar problems. Any feedback is appreciated

Thanks,
Alan
Old 01-08-2006, 09:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 C Wagon (No snickering please!)
The computer in the door tells the seat what to do. It sounds like you may have a bad connection in the door module. It is often caused by corrosion from a poor seal between the window and the frame allowing water inside the door. Could also be a malfitted seat connection. The computer bus (CANBUS) could also be misconnected someplace causing errors that result in undesired operation of devices like the motor you hear or the magic headrest.

The vibration in the rear can be as simple as unbalanced tires, bad CV joints, broken guibo, or a bad rear end. The door can be adjusted against the stops so it does not rattle.

I love both my wagons, too.
Old 01-08-2006, 11:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Originally Posted by Alan B
Hi.

The other big concern is the vibrating/rumbling sounds from the rear hatchback or suspension. Sometimes the hatch sounds as though its vibrating. Other times the rear suspension is clunky and makes rumbling sounds.
Thanks,
Alan
The hatch sounds are just trim vibrating. Cold weather, rough pavement, etc... can make this happen.

You might want to take a peak under the car...the rear suspension on most every Benz Ive ever driven is well planted and clunky sounds are not the norm. Rumbling could be a bad tire, or damaged spider gears in the rear differential. Good luck.