C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Adding shock sensor to OE alarm?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 07:56 AM

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts
Too many to list
Adding shock sensor to OE alarm?

I'm just wondering if it's possible to add an aftermarket shock sensor to the factory alarm system. I know it can be done on Honda, Acura, Nissan, and Infinity. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-12-2006, 09:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 C350 4MATIC
Adding sensors to Alarm

I have had the same thoughts since I took delivery. In recent weeks my opinions about integrating into the existing alarm system has alternated back and forth. He are my thoughts;

Integrating additional sensors into the existing alarm system should not be "too" difficult. There are plenty of aftermarket sensors that provide either an "active to ground" or "active high" output. It would just be a matter of tapping into an existing door pin (doors, trunk, hood) and adding an additional device to emulate the action of that switch.

Here is where I get conflicted;

Do I add an aftermarket sensor to detect light impact, breaking glass or interior motion and when triggered, cause it to activiate the existing alarm? I prefer the sensors to be, well, sensitive and that means dealing with false alarms whenever it rains hard or there is thunder (yea, I had some piezio sensors that sensitive). Everytime this happens in MB going to be calling my cellphone saying that my car has been broken into or worse, calling the police?

The other way to go, add a small secondary alarm to deal with door dings, thunder, hail or meteroite impact and let it set off a secondary horn to warn off the offending parties (works really well on rain, chases it right away).

It is a challenge to find a small alarm system that doesn't include remote start, a fifty button remote control or a starter disable. I just want something to take sensor inputs and to set off a horn for a predetermined time (or a beeper/buzzer/shotgun blast).
Old 10-23-2016, 12:05 AM

2008 GL550 Polar White, 2014 E550 4matic Designo Diamond White Metallic
I know this is a really old thread, but did you ever find a solution? I want to add shock, glass, and tilt sensors to my factory alarm in my 2014 E550. Thanks.
Old 10-26-2016, 11:46 AM

Does anyone in the community have thoughts on this topic? I found that Megatronix makes both a shock and glass sensor that can be added to the factory alarm (models UPS and UPG). However, I don't know where to wire it up. Also, I am still looking for an option to do a tilt sensor on the factory alarm. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-28-2016, 09:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
2007 SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by mitjaypat
Does anyone in the community have thoughts on this topic? I found that Megatronix makes both a shock and glass sensor that can be added to the factory alarm (models UPS and UPG). However, I don't know where to wire it up. Also, I am still looking for an option to do a tilt sensor on the factory alarm. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Your car already comes with a tilt sensor. Next time try jacking it up when the car is locked.
Old 10-29-2016, 12:40 PM

Desired_speed, I tried jacking up the car after the alarm was armed and it did not trigger. I even waited a few minutes to make sure any arming delay was satisfied. The keyfob was also out of distance. I know my 2007 Audi A4 had a tilt sensor, and I could actually disable it with a button. However, I do not believe the W212 has a tilt sensor. The owners manual also does not state anything in this regard. Thx.