C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

w203 on 19's + dropped

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2002, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 Mercedes S500
I like it! It shows you have ***** to do that to a C240.... I would get new rims, maybe some brabus, lowenhart, giovanna. Its fun to see what creative things people do, and how it turns out! I like your ride sticky, good work!
Old 07-31-2002, 03:24 PM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
Originally posted by sticky
Everyone is so concerned with the ride and height.

Everytime I post pics of my cars in forum I usually get the same negative comments, but then again the people who straight out tell me they hate the car propably don't get free part do they? This is why my car wins show and the rest of them pick up groceries with there stock ones.
Sticky, I’m glad that you have a good sense of humor about the “negative” comments. Afterall, only one in a thousand people buy a car with the intent of tricking it out for import car shows, and even fewer would buy a Mercedes Benz for the same purpose. Hence, you are in a minority here, as the comments you get are from the vast majority of MB owners who buy their cars (mostly) for practical reasons. Access to "free part" has nothing to do with it.

I’ll be perfectly happy to drive my stockish C320 to the Grocery store, thank you very much. At least I know that my ability to maneuver in the parking lot will not be hampered by a 60-foot turning radius. Nor will I have to suffer the indignity and embarrassment of busting the plastic fasteners on my side skirts from axle to axle while high-siding the car below the rear doors on the 4-inch speed bumps in the grocery store parking lot. Nor would I have to answer to the authorities for causing a 14-mile log jam because I broke the beads on all four of my 20-series tires while crossing a heat-buckled section of pavement on the freeway.

You have every right to be proud of the work you do on your car, but please don’t deride the rest of us, for whom a first place ribbon at a Honda car show ranks in priority just below having root canal surgery, or getting knee-capped by a terrorist.
Old 07-31-2002, 03:43 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Originally posted by MB-BOB

Sticky, I’m glad that you have a good sense of humor about the “negative” comments. Afterall, only one in a thousand people buy a car with the intent of tricking it out for import car shows, and even fewer would buy a Mercedes Benz for the same purpose. Hence, you are in a minority here, as the comments you get are from the vast majority of MB owners who buy their cars (mostly) for practical reasons. Access to "free part" has nothing to do with it.

I’ll be perfectly happy to drive my stockish C320 to the Grocery store, thank you very much. At least I know that my ability to maneuver in the parking lot will not be hampered by a 60-foot turning radius. Nor will I have to suffer the indignity and embarrassment of busting the plastic fasteners on my side skirts from axle to axle while high-siding the car below the rear doors on the 4-inch speed bumps in the grocery store parking lot. Nor would I have to answer to the authorities for causing a 14-mile log jam because I broke the beads on all four of my 20-series tires while crossing a heat-buckled section of pavement on the freeway.

You have every right to be proud of the work you do on your car, but please don’t deride the rest of us, for whom a first place ribbon at a Honda car show ranks in priority just below having root canal surgery, or getting knee-capped by a terrorist.
Good comment too. We need to respect everybody, after all everybody got their car for different reasons, some of those people to go grocery shopping, some others for racing, some others for shows, etc.
Old 07-31-2002, 03:57 PM

2001 Silver C320
i never knock anyones ride, but you shoulda got the 320. for all you put into that ride a 320 would make it really hot. ill be done with my, andi mean COMPLETE with touchscreen nav, a few video game systems, body kit, 19's, extra wood, and a few more secrets im not droping any hints on yet. if you can win shows with a 240 and some out of date alpine in it, im gonna clean up.

no offense to your ride, i really like it a lot, especially after the DTM kit (the nicest kit in my opinion for the C), which was what i almost bought, but went with complete carlsson to match my rims.

anyway, dont take this as a knock, i love the custom rides and can tell you put a lot of effort into yours, so mad props and keep the heads turnin' bro.
Old 07-31-2002, 05:02 PM

2002 C230K, Silver, 6-speed, Evo, Roof, Leather, CD, Staggered C7 Wheels
Excellent comments, MB-BOB
Old 08-01-2002, 12:53 PM

W203
My thoughts exactly MB-BOB,

Sticky, have you ever competed in a euro event? I wonder how your car would rank then.

You probably win shows because of who your competing against.

You normally wouldn't see cut aftermarket springs at a euro event.
Old 08-01-2002, 08:55 PM
Almost a Member!

M Benz
Is the rear side photoshopped?
looked kinda weird
Old 08-02-2002, 12:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001 C240
ok... a lot of people are comparing his 240 to a honda... that's not nice guys... and b/t/w i'm sure not too many people here were born driving a mercedes right? on top of that... in my opinion any new honda i 10 times more reliable than any new mercedes... but these ofcourse are my opinions
Old 08-02-2002, 02:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think what the rear wheel arches needs is fender skirts. Check out this website and see if one will fit your car. It would clean up the rear. Maybe even a continental kit. Don't laugh, the 2002 Honda Insight has them.

http://www.fenderskirts.net/

Sticky, one question, why did you cut H&R springs instead of just cutting the factory springs?
Old 08-02-2002, 03:46 AM

03 W8 Passat Variant
I think it looks really cool. Funny how someone can say it's Honda like. The most interesting thing is the new Accord coupe is going to make the new CLK look like a honda.
Old 08-02-2002, 01:34 PM

2001 Silver C320
i also saw some new hyundai trying to fake the same headlight design as my c sedan. what up with that???
Old 08-02-2002, 01:38 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Originally posted by benzomonterey
I think it looks really cool. Funny how someone can say it's Honda like. The most interesting thing is the new Accord coupe is going to make the new CLK look like a honda.
You're right - saw a pic of the new Accord Coupe in the "Off Topic" forum - looks very close from the rear.

But, the good news is that at least the CLK didn't share development with Pontiac, of all things.
Old 08-02-2002, 09:39 PM

03 W8 Passat Variant
Hey now I didn't knock your smurf blue Neon Coupe did I?
Old 08-03-2002, 12:39 AM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
The '03 Honda Accord Coupe is the cover story in this week's AutoWeek. They even mention the "Mercedes-like" rear lights. But the fronts are all Honda.