C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

AC / Engine noise when AC is on "Auto" mode. (NOT just start up!) Please help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 01:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C240
Angry AC / Engine noise when AC is on "Auto" mode. (NOT just start up!) Please help

I did a search and all I can find are problems with noise when start up, however, my problem is different, the noise I have stay on at all time

I just did service A in the dealer recently (Flecher Jones at Newport Beach CA). The service advisor offered me to also do a service on the AC at no charge, which I accepted. 3 days later, when I got my car back, I noticed there is an extremly noticable and annoying noise comming from under the hood whenever I set the AC on "auto" mode. (Sounds like a fan, but the noise is so loud that I can hear it even when I am on the freeway with all windows closed AND with music turned on). I called the service advisor immediatly to report the problem. I brought the car back in the next day. The service advisor heard the noise and described it as "sounds like an airplane taking off". A day later, service advisor called me and told me the technican said THAT NOISE IS NORMAL. He said the technican compared my car to another C240 and both of the cars have the same noise. I told him that my car had this noise but was NEVER this loud before they performed the AC service, then he tried to BS me by saying that my car's AC condenser (or AC compressor, I forgot) WAS DAMAGED that is why my car was quiet, he said they fixed the AC for me so my car now operates like normal(loud!?). What a BS! I told him my car was never this loud since I bought the car BRAND NEW from them back in 2002. I also told him that I've driven at least 5 other C class (friend's car and loaners) and never experienced this type of loud noise. I pointed out that IF the loud noise is normal than NOBODY would buy a Mercedes. The service advisor said there is nothing he can do and ask me to talk to the shop forman when I pick up the car.

What should I do now?

Any help would be greaty appreciate.

Last edited by CarlssonPower; 02-02-2006 at 01:41 PM.
Old 02-02-2006, 02:44 PM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
Let's see... no noise before dealer service > noise after. What am I missing? Maybe it's time to have your service advisor introduce you to the Service dept manager.