C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

0 miles - gas range!!! and roadside service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2001 | 09:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLB 250 4matic
0 miles - gas range!!! and roadside service

that big gas service station pops up on the display, tic mark on the gas meter glows, and gas is going fast! at one point, it told me i had 0 miles left but went back up to a few miles left. anyone ever run out of gas? did you use teleaid or roadside service?

how about when you get a flat? my salesguy told me to call roadside, but i thought, i could just do it myself (although i've never used one of these pump up donut tires). but at my office lot, i saw MB roadside come to an S500, wearing white gloves, change the tire for the driver (who actually had his secretary wait w/ the car for the roadside service). maybe when its 0°C outside, you can call them
Old 12-12-2001 | 11:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Unlike just about every other manufacturer, the MB roadside assistance can cost money even if the problem is covered under warranttee. They provide a few small services for free but check with MB before calling them out, specially if you have AAA. This is one of my sore points I have about MB. They don't stand behind their product as well as some other companies. They made number 10 in the JD Power Service & Dependabilty survey but that was too generous. I callled Infiniti road side assistance when I had a flat and they towed me about 75 miles to the nearest dealer who replaced the tire for free. GMC picked up my Suburban on a flatbed because the door wouldn't latch closed. MB would never do that without charging for it.
Old 12-13-2001 | 08:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLB 250 4matic
are you saying that MB will charge for the tire change? or tow for a charge? i thought roadside would cover all that... i mean, that's why i didn't get AAA or my insurances' version b/c the car would come w/ a lifetime roadside assistance. very interesting.
Old 12-13-2001 | 09:31 AM

03 Mercedes E320
While I have replaced the car with a new C, my '98 E320 would not start at all once when it was about 2 years old, died in my driveway, on a Sunday. Called MB, they got the dealer's on-call mechanic on the phone with me, we discussed symptoms and we concluded that a jump would not help. MB then got me on the line with the local tow company, arranged a flatbed, set a time for Monday morning, took the car (and me) 100 miles to the dealer, the dealer immediately took the car in and diagnosed a dead short in the battery under load, on my way in 1 hour after arrival on a busy Monday morning. No charge for anything. I'm convinced.