C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Newbie............need a little guidance C320 Wagon

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C320 Sports Wagon
Newbie............need a little guidance C320 Wagon

Hi.......

I'm new to the MB World in both as in an owner and as a member. I need to replace a few accessory items and would like genuine stuff. First, i would like to know the exact name of the interior color. Is it possible to get that info from my VIN?

Also, where the best place to shop in price and stock for MB stuff?
Old 03-30-2006, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by augmont
Hi.......

I'm new to the MB World in both as in an owner and as a member. I need to replace a few accessory items and would like genuine stuff. First, i would like to know the exact name of the interior color. Is it possible to get that info from my VIN?

Also, where the best place to shop in price and stock for MB stuff?
Welcome to MBWorld! A little more specifics would help (i.e. which particular accesories do you want to replace)?

1) It would help to know what model/make/year you have. It would also help to get an "idea" of what color interior you have, especially if you don't know the name (i.e. dark, light, beige, grey, black, etc...)?

2) Yes. It's possible to get that information from the VIN when provided to MB customer service.

3) Best place to shop for MB stuff? I'm assuming you're referring to OEM stuff based on your line of questioning. If that's the case, we're back to square one as in "What exactly are you looking for". There's no "single best" place to get any accesories and there's also no "single best" place that will have all the accessories at the cheapest price you could find.

First things first. Update your profile, indicating your Make/Model/Year. 2nd, Indicate where your location is. After you do that, any information you ask for can be referrenced through your profile.
Old 03-30-2006, 06:06 PM

2002 C320 Sports Wagon
Sorry about the missing info........

I own a Grey/Silver 02 C320 Sports Wagon. the interior is a very lite grey or a silver. I live near Fresno, CA.

The floor mats are the first thing that need to be replaced.
Old 03-30-2006, 06:28 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by augmont
Sorry about the missing info........

I own a Grey/Silver 02 C320 Sports Wagon. the interior is a very lite grey or a silver. I live near Fresno, CA.

The floor mats are the first thing that need to be replaced.
Cool. Okay, the interior is called ASH. I don't remember the part number, but that's what you want to call it when referring to your interior.

If you need to replace your floormats there are serveral parts stores that offer them.

Also, try contacting Steve (MBenzNL) on these forums. Sometimes, he can get European parts that are not availble here.

If you're in Fresno, I don't know of any local shops over there, but there's only one other person in the w203 forums (BlakeP) that I know is in that area. He may know of someplace local. Most likely, you'll have to look online using google for the stores or there is a store called performanceproducts.com that a lot of people purchase OEM accessories from.
Old 03-31-2006, 01:06 AM

2002 C320 Sports Wagon
Drexappeal,

thanks for your help. I emailed MB's CSR and hope they'll email my car's info.

Gotta another question. what product(s) do you use on your leather seats? I've never owned anything before that had seats worth keeping up. My seats are practically new and I would like to keep them that way. I would also like to know how often do you care for them?
Old 03-31-2006, 04:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 C Wagon (No snickering please!)
I have been using Connolly Hide Care and Leather Cleaner for years on European cars. It contains lanolin in a waxy cream. A kit is $40, but worth it. It takes a lot of terrycloth to do it properly. I use it once a month. My interior is stone, and the dash is pepple. Don't ask me what is a pepple, I don't know. It is very light, so frequent washing and conditioning is required.

Mercedes suggests Meguiars products. I have used them, and they are excellent. I use the 3 step Deep Crystal products for exterior paint. Nothing measures higher on my gloss meter. Not Zaino, Mother's, or Der Shiney Stuff.

There is also Lexol, and it works well, containing mink oil, but I don't care for the oder and the feel of the surface when done.

Between Connolly, Meguiars, and Lexol I think the Meguiars Gold Leather has the best perfume.

Being in Fresno, the salad bowl of the nation, there is a lot of dust in the air. I would change the cabin air filter every year, just to keep the interior nice.
Old 03-31-2006, 07:01 AM

2002 C320 Wagon
C320 Wagon

Augmont,

I also have a 2002 c320 wagon. If you are going to do it yourself, ask if someone has a reference photo of tech paper as a go by, or search this forum. Most of the folks here are great and have references that make things super easy. The C320 wagon has an underhood paper element cabin pollen filter (on left side above battery and it is accessible by opening up 3 clips), as well as an activated charcoal filter (ACF) underneath the dash. This involves removing the under dash cover first - on passenger side. The glove box does not need to be removed. Note how and in what position the old filter is installed. The new one must go in the same way.

I just ordered parts from Autohause www.autohausaz.com
The paper element pollen filter is $13.30, part # 203 830 01 18
The ACF is $86.09, part # 203 830 05 18

I will see if I can send you the picture of how to remove/install the ACF.

Good luck,
Alan
Old 03-31-2006, 01:02 PM
Almost a Member!

OEM floor mats

I just bought a 200 C320 wagon as well and I'm also missing one of the front floormats.

I found 2 places to get floormats are: Ebay - $80 + $15 shipping to NY. And thebenzbin - $85 free shipping. I haven't ordered yet but both sources claim to be Genuin OEM parts.

You can also get replica 'AMG' mats on Ebay for quite a bit less - $25 + $18 shipping.

The all season rubber ones go for about $65

Let me know if you ordered any of these and how they turned out.

My car also have some busted cosmetic parts and I was going to ask the dealer how much it costs to replace them. I'm still under warranty but I'm not sure of these items are covered or not. If it's too expensive I'll probably just leave it.

1. Center console cup holder. 2. Cigarette lighter. 3. Back ashtray. 4. Driver side Speaker grill. 5. Back headrest stuck in up position. 6. Fog lights

Mercedes leather ages very well. My seats look brand new compared to my BMW and Volvo. But the leather is more harder and plastic like than my other cars. I've got a little nick on the leather covering the center console. I wonder if this could be repaired using one of those leather repair kits seen on TV - probably not worth it though.
Old 03-31-2006, 06:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 C300, sport, black/black
Originally Posted by C_Wagon

My car also have some busted cosmetic parts and I was going to ask the dealer how much it costs to replace them. I'm still under warranty but I'm not sure of these items are covered or not. If it's too expensive I'll probably just leave it.

1. Center console cup holder. 2. Cigarette lighter. 3. Back ashtray. 4. Driver side Speaker grill. 5. Back headrest stuck in up position. 6. Fog lights

Mercedes leather ages very well. My seats look brand new compared to my BMW and Volvo. But the leather is more harder and plastic like than my other cars. I've got a little nick on the leather covering the center console. I wonder if this could be repaired using one of those leather repair kits seen on TV - probably not worth it though.
The cupholder, lighter, ashtray, back headrest they should cover. If the Driver door grill is smashed in probably not, or if the fog light is broken probably not either. But you should ask.

As for your nick, are you sure it is leather and not the textured vinyl/MBtex stuff? I have a '02 C320 with full leather interior and the center console and arm rest are vinyl. If so a repair kit would work, or bring it to a place that does it. They can work wonders.

Last edited by shorthair; 03-31-2006 at 10:17 PM.
Old 03-31-2006, 08:32 PM
Almost a Member!

I'm not sure if it's leather or not. It's got little perforations in the seat and back. If it's vinyl then that would explain why it's hard like vinyl. I can't smell the leather because the dealer sprayed air too much air freshener in the car. I wouldn't be surprised if it was vinyl and the dealer listed the car with leather and didn't bother to tell me it was an error.

BTW what's the best way to get rid of air freshener smell? I don't want to cover it up with another smell but neutralize it so there is no smell
Attached Thumbnails Newbie............need a little guidance C320 Wagon-922305_12.jpg  
Old 03-31-2006, 10:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 C300, sport, black/black
Originally Posted by C_Wagon
I'm not sure if it's leather or not. It's got little perforations in the seat and back. If it's vinyl then that would explain why it's hard like vinyl. I can't smell the leather because the dealer sprayed air too much air freshener in the car. I wouldn't be surprised if it was vinyl and the dealer listed the car with leather and didn't bother to tell me it was an error.

BTW what's the best way to get rid of air freshener smell? I don't want to cover it up with another smell but neutralize it so there is no smell
I am sure that someone will correct me if I am wrong but I believe that in your car the actual seating surface (ie: the perforated part) is leather and the rest (sides, bolsters, etc) are MBtex. The console is vinyl.

I would wipe down the seats and other smooth areas with a damp cloth and then put protectant on and then vacuum the heck out of the carpets. Then try some Ozium (it is good at neutralizing odors), but mostly you will have to let it air out over time.
Old 04-01-2006, 01:25 PM
Almost a Member!

Upon further research I believe you are right. The MBtex (vinyl) matches the center parts so well that it's hard to tell the difference. Even though this car is 2002 the seats look showroom new. I guess that's the trade off for harder material.

I also have (had) a 2003 bmw 525i: Leather is nice and stiff but seats are starting to sag. 2001 Vovlo XC: Leather is soft but wrinkled and saggy & looks very worn out. I think it's a good choice for MB to go with the stiffer material. The car doesn't look as aged and can keep its value longer IMO.

I'll try the Ozium to see it it helps.