C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Ooops, I mean help with Command!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2001, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C320
Ooops, I mean help with Command!!!

Sorry about my previous thread -- compass is some acronym used at work, and it's burned into my brain.

Anways, as I said before, I just picked up my new C320 yesterday in the DC area, and while I love the car, I can't get COMMAND to work properly.

This morning on the highway, I was in Springfield, VA, and it thought I was in southern Maryland. Also, I live in old-town Alexandria and it doesnt seem that I'm able to input my exact house address -- just a block of numbers. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.
Old 12-14-2001, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
Sounds like this can be 1 or 2 things.

#1, you need to let the GPS system aquire it's position as per the instructions in your owners manual.

or

#2, you are not receiving a GOS signal due to what could be many problems.

Read the instructions in your manual to attempt to have the GPS system aquire it's location. If this does not work, looks like a trip to the service dept. is in order.
Old 09-21-2002, 01:14 PM

g-wagon
Re: Ooops, I mean help with Command!!!

Originally posted by kidvid
Sorry about my previous thread -- compass is some acronym used at work, and it's burned into my brain.

Anways, as I said before, I just picked up my new C320 yesterday in the DC area, and while I love the car, I can't get COMMAND to work properly.

This morning on the highway, I was in Springfield, VA, and it thought I was in southern Maryland. Also, I live in old-town Alexandria and it doesnt seem that I'm able to input my exact house address -- just a block of numbers. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.
when you input your exact address the return reply from the command center is a range of numbers. This is actually a block.
Also if the car cant find you, you should bring it by a dealership. Or if you know how to find how many satilites are tracking your car you might want to do that first.
anyhow could luck
-mbalex2002-
Old 09-21-2002, 01:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Take the car to a large open area, and re-aquire the satellites per the manual. If that doesn't work, than go to the dealer.

The initialization of a GPS receiver can take as long a 20 minutes. The receiver must download the alamnacs (ephimeredes) of all 27 active satellites. These are not broadcast at a high baud rate. If you try to do this in an area with lots of trees and buildings it will take longer, and can give very inaccurate positions.
Old 09-21-2002, 07:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This is really simple....
You have the wrong CD in the COMAND unit.
Old 09-21-2002, 07:51 PM

black on black 2k2-230k auto/c1/c5/c7/k2c/COMAND/TELEAID/Stage II HIDS
did you initialize and activate your teleaid services. My car stated i was in trenton when it was parked in my driveway in yardley until after i made my initial call to teleaid to setup the service. I only have 1 cd, so that wasnt the problem, and i synched everything as per the manual first.

greg