C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Leather

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2002, 11:50 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230k
Leather

I was wondering about a couple of things:

1. I wasn't able to get leather on the car. Is it possible to get it now (aftermarket) or can I order leather seats by MBZ and get leather aftermarket on the door panels?

2. I have a Samsung phone. Is there any way to get it to go with the steering wheel controls or do I have to buy the V60? If not, I will just have them take out the no phone thing.

Anyone have any suggestions (besides buying a car with leather!!)

Thanks,
Old 08-11-2002, 12:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c230k, black, auto, c2 (let the sunshine in), Bose, leather, and CD
Laura,

You can't add mb leather, but you can add really nice after market leather. I put after market charcoal leather in my car and on the door panels. Many people have done this on the board. It costs about $1,500 to $1,700. They look great! Here is the link http://www.classicsofttrim.com

In about 2 months, I'm gonna selling my seats, I'm only going to ask about 50% of what I paid, so send me an email if your interested, but since you in LA, I assume you got the light color.
Old 08-11-2002, 12:18 AM
Almost a Member!

C230k
Leather

Hi,

Thanks for the info. They don't have the coupe on the web site, but I can call them.

How do you feel it compares to the MB leather? There has always been something about the smell of the leather in these cars that I have loved :-).

I did get the light color and as much as I love it, it is a pain to clean, therefore the leather would be easier.

Let me know how you like it. Did you get it with the breathing holes in it like the MB leather?

Thanks,

Laura
Old 08-11-2002, 01:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Re: Leather

Originally posted by C230K4Laura
I was wondering about a couple of things:

2. I have a Samsung phone. Is there any way to get it to go with the steering wheel controls or do I have to buy the V60? If not, I will just have them take out the no phone thing.

Thanks,
my understanding about the phone is that you can't use any aftermarket phones through the car.. you have to get the MB V60.. i don't think people that own V60's that they got on their own can be used in the car.... as far as the no phone message, I have seen this asked before and the usual replies are that the service advisor should be able to do it....
Old 08-11-2002, 01:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by galaxygrrl
Laura,

In about 2 months, I'm gonna selling my seats, I'm only going to ask about 50% of what I paid, so send me an email if your interested, but since you in LA, I assume you got the light color.
why are you selling your seats?
Old 08-11-2002, 03:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c230k, black, auto, c2 (let the sunshine in), Bose, leather, and CD
Re: Leather

Originally posted by C230K4Laura
Hi,

How do you feel it compares to the MB leather? There has always been something about the smell of the leather in these cars that I have loved :-).

Let me know how you like it. Did you get it with the breathing holes in it like the MB leather?

Thanks,

Laura
Love the leather, think CSTs leather is nicer, and it is softer, I think most people think the leather is nicer. You should note, that your car can NOT be starmarked with aftermarket leather in it, so if you want to trade up with an mb that could be an issue. I did get perforation on the seats, but not on the door pannels. Looks great!

Originally posted by Fuzzo

why are you selling your seats?
You know that lemon thing, we've discussed in detail.