C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Problems with Alarm

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 10:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problems with Alarm

I searched the forum and couldn't find any answers to this problem so here goes .

I have a 03 C230K. About a month ago I started having problems with the coupe's alarm going off for no reason. The weird thing is that it is out of the blue. A couple of days ago the thing wouldn't shut up, but later that night no problem, no problem last night. Talked to the dealer and they mentioned something about the door pins that need to go in when the door is closed. I checked these and they seem to be fine.

Also, when the car is unlocked, the fog lights will start continously flashing. No headlight flashing, no alarm, just fog lights. This also happens here and there.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve
Old 04-07-2006, 10:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 165 Likes on 150 Posts
99 E320
if you simply pushed the door pin and visually observed, that's not good enough. you would need to perform a voltage test on that wire/switch during door operation. if you can't do this, let someone who can. otherwise, you're ruling out something which you cant confirm.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 C230 SS
i think your car is posessed...

try dealer...
Old 04-07-2006, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C55 ///AMG, 535xi
Originally Posted by skoch
I searched the forum and couldn't find any answers to this problem so here goes .

I have a 03 C230K. About a month ago I started having problems with the coupe's alarm going off for no reason. The weird thing is that it is out of the blue. A couple of days ago the thing wouldn't shut up, but later that night no problem, no problem last night. Talked to the dealer and they mentioned something about the door pins that need to go in when the door is closed. I checked these and they seem to be fine.

Also, when the car is unlocked, the fog lights will start continously flashing. No headlight flashing, no alarm, just fog lights. This also happens here and there.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve
thats what happened to my car, i went to the stupid dealer and they changed my alarm system
Old 04-07-2006, 02:23 PM

Okay I will take a look at that. If that doesn't tell me anything I guess I'll have no choice but go to the dealership
Old 04-07-2006, 04:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 E250D
Fog lamps do flash when the alarm siren time has lapsed. It is a visual indicator of the alarm. You may want to either disconnect or check the tow sensor. It is located on the rear fuse box in the trunk. You will have to remove the liner around the box and disconnect the horizontally mounted 3 pin connector on the small black box.
Old 04-07-2006, 05:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 C230 SS
Originally Posted by sunman
Fog lamps do flash when the alarm siren time has lapsed. It is a visual indicator of the alarm. You may want to either disconnect or check the tow sensor. It is located on the rear fuse box in the trunk. You will have to remove the liner around the box and disconnect the horizontally mounted 3 pin connector on the small black box.
sunnman... u ever gonna be in fl? i want to have my alarm programed to beep AND have the panic button work... right now it just beeps...
Old 08-28-2006, 04:48 PM

2013 c300 4matic, 2002 c240
Originally Posted by sunman

I found the small black box. I also found the pin connector and not sure on how to disconnect it. I keep pulling, but afraid of applying too much force. Is it a push on the sides and pull connector? Sorry if this is a silly question, but the wire seem really fragile for me to test.