MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C-Class (W203) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w203-3/)
-   -   NEW Mercedes-Benz White Star Flat Hood Badge for C-Class W203! (https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w203/143911-new-mercedes-benz-white-star-flat-hood-badge-c-class-w203.html)

Slim Pickens 04-08-2006 05:21 PM

NEW Mercedes-Benz White Star Flat Hood Badge for C-Class W203!

2 Attachment(s)
Hey, all. I was at an event in Dallas today and I saw this E-Class. It has a flat hood badge. But it isn't that cheap, plastic one like on the coupes. This badge sits in the recess in the hood, just like the upright star!

It also has a 3-dimensional look to it. Looks pretty cool to me! :y

Has anyone seen this flat badge? If so, does anyone know where to get it?

rrpnow 04-08-2006 06:08 PM

plastic one?

i thought they all looked like that...

Belle the Benz 04-08-2006 06:28 PM

Never seen that one myself, but it looks nice. I personally like the plastic one that covers that indented area.

MB-BOB 04-08-2006 09:39 PM

Oh, my. That looks VERY NICE.

I had the large flat badge that covered the recess. But with weekly car washings, the clear coat wore off and the blue faded within two years. It looks horrible now, so I removed it and reinstalled the upright star.

Haven't seen this one before, so we'll have to be on the lookout.

Anybody else seen this badge?

Hey Slim, where in Dallas did you see this?

Humbucker87 04-09-2006 12:38 PM

How do you guys think it would look if someone just made a badge with just carbon fiber and it just covered most of the hole. So it would just look like a big flat hood. I've always thought that would look cool, but I've never seen anything like it.

MB2006 04-09-2006 03:06 PM

simular http://www.performanceproducts4benz....acement+Emblem
personaly i dont get why it is beter then a star:nix:

Belle the Benz 04-09-2006 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by MB2006
simular http://www.performanceproducts4benz....acement+Emblem
personaly i dont get why it is beter then a star:nix:

That’s the plastic one that everyone has, he is talking about a different one. I personally like it better because then no one can come and rip it off your car like they can the star. :crazy:

FrankW 04-10-2006 06:47 AM

never seen that one in person. Most likely it's from eBay.

I had the plastic one that everyone has which peeled and faded like Bob said as well. Replaced that with the Carlsson emblem.

Slim Pickens 04-10-2006 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by MB-BOB
Hey Slim, where in Dallas did you see this?

I spent the weekend in Dallas at my parents house, to attend the Races at TMS. I saw this car at Vista Ridge Shopping Center in Lewisville.

This is NOT the badge you can buy at the dealer. My camera doesn't do it justice. It's much prettier. I like the White star with the blue wreath. Looks classy.

MB-BOB 04-11-2006 06:54 PM

Let's bump this one. I'm not sure if everyone appreciates it, yet.

Has anyone seen this NEW flat badge yet?

aecasasus 04-13-2006 09:16 AM

Another bump....Cause I wan't to know!!! :)

Slim Pickens 04-14-2006 09:08 AM

Any chance one of the moderators can make this a sticky thread for a while? If we can just find the dude that makes this ornament, I bet a bunch of members will want one. The plastic coupe badge on my ride is looking really ratty.

.V. 04-14-2006 12:00 PM

yes for sure we will want one..

Did you get the number plate of the car?

SteveL1 04-14-2006 10:01 PM

Very nice, but I want one with black instead of the blue!!! I've been looking for months for a black hood badge with no luck.:wall: Can anyone help????

MLDesigno 04-15-2006 11:07 AM

I noticed a similar badge on the CLS-class yesterday at my dealership while I was getting some service. It is just a guess, but maybe the CLS badge is smaller than the other flat badges and thereby creates the look referenced?!?

.V. 04-15-2006 11:54 AM

I tought about CLS badge too, since I saw one from far in the street. But I didn't had time to go to my dealer

I picked up this

https://mbworld.org/forums/attachmen...1&d=1141755361
https://mbworld.org/forums/attachmen...1&d=1142467327

revstriker 04-17-2006 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Slim Pickens
I spent the weekend in Dallas at my parents house, to attend the Races at TMS. I saw this car at Vista Ridge Shopping Center in Lewisville.

This is NOT the badge you can buy at the dealer. My camera doesn't do it justice. It's much prettier. I like the White star with the blue wreath. Looks classy.

I think I know who owns that car. A guy I work with also has a black C350 (just like mine) and I noticed the other day that he has a flat badge on it. I'm pretty sure it's recessed like the one in the picture but I'll have to take another look to be sure. I do know that it is not the plastic one that MB Sells at the dealer.

Next time I see him I will ask where he got his flat badge from, and will let you know.

b3d_sage 04-17-2006 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by revstriker
I think I know who owns that car. A guy I work with also has a black C350 (just like mine) and I noticed the other day that he has a flat badge on it. I'm pretty sure it's recessed like the one in the picture but I'll have to take another look to be sure. I do know that it is not the plastic one that MB Sells at the dealer.

Next time I see him I will ask where he got his flat badge from, and will let you know.

woohoo! I may want one too!

revstriker 04-18-2006 12:21 PM

I have confirmed it! That is indeed his car, and his badge! I took a closer look this morning. It looks really nice! I spoke to him briefly this morning and he told me that it is "homemade" (although he didn't clarify if that meant he made it or someone else). He said it uses the same locking mechanism as the original upright star (?- This seemed to be an important aspect to him). He told me if I wanted, he could get me one. I told him that I may know some other people who are interested as well. He just said to let him know.

I only spoke to him for about 30 seconds (sorry, I was running late for a meeting). I wish I could have gotten more details. I don't think I will see him again today, but I probably will in the next few days.

nlpamg 04-18-2006 12:23 PM

I have confirmed it! That is indeed his car, and his badge! I took a closer look this morning. It looks really nice! I spoke to him briefly this morning and he told me that it is "homemade" (although he didn't clarify if that meant he made it or someone else). He said it uses the same locking mechanism as the original upright star (?- This seemed to be an important aspect to him). He told me if I wanted, he could get me one. I told him that I may know some other people who are interested as well. He just said to let him know.

I only spoke to him for about 30 seconds (sorry, I was running late for a meeting). I wish I could have gotten more details. I don't think I will see him again today, but I probably will in the next few days.

oh ****! awesome! I'm in! thanks rev!

revstriker 04-18-2006 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by nlpamg
oh ****! awesome! I'm in! thanks rev!

Cool. I think I might get one myself. I'm not much into modifications, but I really liked the way this looked on his car. Considering we have the same exact car, I can see what it would look like on mine.

If anyone is interested, go ahead and post in this thread. I will try and get more info about cost etc. and some more details about it (maybe I can get him to take it off and get some more detailed pics). If there is a demand for this, I'll get him (or whoever is making them) set up as a sponsor or something.

Blake P 04-18-2006 12:48 PM

Cool. I think I might get one myself. I'm not much into modifications, but I really liked the way this looked on his car. Considering we have the same exact car, I can see what it would look like on mine.

If anyone is interested, go ahead and post in this thread. I will try and get more info about cost etc. and some more details about it (maybe I can get him to take it off and get some more detailed pics). If there is a demand for this, I'll get him (or whoever is making them) set up as a sponsor or something.

I'm in as long as the price is reasonable ($50 or so). Also, see if it's possible to get the color in anything other than blue (I'm thinking black).

alboogiee 04-18-2006 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Blake P
I'm in as long as the price is reasonable ($50 or so). Also, see if it's possible to get the color in anything other than blue (I'm thinking black).

im in too if around $50, that seems reasonable with the OEM locking mechanism for the upright star

should i start a list?

1. Blake P
2. alboogiee

revstriker 04-18-2006 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Blake P

I'll ask.

blume 04-18-2006 01:22 PM

it looks like an oldschool badge, but im not sure what i would have come off of.