C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Need Help (Question)!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 10:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 E550 Coupe, 2012 E350 4matic Sedan, 2016 fully blown out custom camaro 2SS
Need Help (Question)!

Hello to all,
I've been lurking for used parts for a while and now I have a chance to purchase a couple of items from one of the local members, I went to few these parts and they look to be in great condition as stated, before I commit to these items could someone provide me with some facts on fitment and cost's?
1) Amg C32 full suspenson? Will this system fit on my 2001 c320 non sport and how much of a drop could one expect? What's the cost of this used (sligthly) system and or could monies be best spend on a Tein system opinions please?

2) Amg C32 Sway bars front and rear (New) will they fit and what's the cost new (Worth)?
All parts I believe are from a 2002 C32 AMG would I be best served to look into purchasing both items are one or the other and for what reasons.
Thanks to all for your help and all opinion all welcomed!
Regards
Old 04-09-2006, 02:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The sway bars are stiffer and the shocks are better but at over 4 yrs old so who knows if they are still good. The springs are the same height so that will help you maintain your current look. They didn't start with lower sprints until the 2004.5 Sport Sedans and AMG. I paid $150 for the sway bars from the MB dealer brand new, he gave me a slight discount. If you don't know what you are doing, money is best spent elsewhere...

Good luck Sick...
Old 04-10-2006, 09:37 PM

?????????//

Originally Posted by Buellwinkle
The sway bars are stiffer and the shocks are better but at over 4 yrs old so who knows if they are still good. The springs are the same height so that will help you maintain your current look. They didn't start with lower sprints until the 2004.5 Sport Sedans and AMG. I paid $150 for the sway bars from the MB dealer brand new, he gave me a slight discount. If you don't know what you are doing, money is best spent elsewhere...

Good luck Sick...
Thank you for responding to this thread, your information / feedback is appreciated as well as your opinons but I'm a little concerned about the last lines in your statement, on the surface they appear to be either incomplete thoughts or direct sarcasm I'm going to think possitive but in any event allow me completion of said statements ("If you don't know what you are doing, money best spent elsewhere...") I do know what I'm doing I simply asked the forum for opinions and or facts about components from a diferrent vehical in regards to their abilities to fit and function on my current vehical to which you answered, and lastly money best spend elsewhere if you care to re-read the thread was a direct question concerning spending monies on this Amg setup or would a better choice be the Tein setup???????????????!!!!!!!!

Thanks again for your responds Bull....
Regards Rob Franklin Aka = Sickwitit
Old 04-10-2006, 10:10 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by Sickwitit
Thank you for responding to this thread, your information / feedback is appreciated as well as your opinons but I'm a little concerned about the last lines in your statement, on the surface they appear to be either incomplete thoughts or direct sarcasm I'm going to think possitive but in any event allow me completion of said statements ("If you don't know what you are doing, money best spent elsewhere...") I do know what I'm doing I simply asked the forum for opinions and or facts about components from a diferrent vehical in regards to their abilities to fit and function on my current vehical to which you answered, and lastly money best spend elsewhere if you care to re-read the thread was a direct question concerning spending monies on this Amg setup or would a better choice be the Tein setup???????????????!!!!!!!!

Thanks again for your responds Bull....
Regards Rob Franklin Aka = Sickwitit
Buellwinkle is being helpful. He was merely trying to say that if you don't know what you're doing as far as install is concerned, you're probably better off spending your money on something else. He can't assume that everybody that posts on this forum is mechanically savvy (in most cases, this is true).

That being said, if you're choices are between a used AMG suspension vs. a TEIN coilover setup, I'd go with the TEIN's. But that also depends on what exactly you're looking for and ultimately how much you want to spend. If you are spending a minimum of $800 on the AMG suspension, go with TEIN's Basic coilovers. I don't know what the value of a used AMG suspension would be, but the springs don't really go bad, so it'll be an upgrade from your non-sport luxury 320. Just figure that if you are paying in the $300 range, you can get some other aftermarket springs for the same price and it'll lower your car a bit more than the AMG springs.

AMG swaybars should fit, but you might need to change a few parts (i.e. brackets for bushings, bi-xenon auto level sensor for AMG swaybar - only applicable if you have bi-x).

Hope that helps. Good luck with whatever you decide on.
Old 04-10-2006, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by drexappeal
Buellwinkle is being helpful. He was merely trying to say that if you don't know what you're doing as far as install is concerned, you're probably better off spending your money on something else. He can't assume that everybody that posts on this forum is mechanically savvy (in most cases, this is true).

That being said, if you're choices are between a used AMG suspension vs. a TEIN coilover setup, I'd go with the TEIN's. But that also depends on what exactly you're looking for and ultimately how much you want to spend. If you are spending a minimum of $800 on the AMG suspension, go with TEIN's Basic coilovers. I don't know what the value of a used AMG suspension would be, but the springs don't really go bad, so it'll be an upgrade from your non-sport luxury 320. Just figure that if you are paying in the $300 range, you can get some other aftermarket springs for the same price and it'll lower your car a bit more than the AMG springs.

AMG swaybars should fit, but you might need to change a few parts (i.e. brackets for bushings, bi-xenon auto level sensor for AMG swaybar - only applicable if you have bi-x).

Hope that helps. Good luck with whatever you decide on.
Thanks for your responds most helpful but I to think he was helpful (I never said he was'nt and as alway's I'm apprecitive of anyones time and or help!) I simply responded to the last line of his statement where it was incomplete or left for assumption, like you said about he can't assume well neither can I, and based on that incomplete statement that you seemed to be able to complete I did'nt want to leave misunderstanding and or ignorance on my part about what I'm asking, my mechical abilities where never part of my question my questions where about components parts and fitment issues, but again I appeciate your concerns and statements and I thank you for it as well as thanked Buellwinkle several times for his advice. I always rule on the side of thinking possitive over negative about people but I will always ask and or address any concerns in a respectfull format, that being said I've read over your advice and feel very secure with the information given to me by the both of you, thanks again your reputations preceeds you guy's you are some of the good guy's and that's a fact (No assumption) LOL!
Old 04-11-2006, 12:37 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by Sickwitit
Thanks for your responds most helpful but I to think he was helpful (I never said he was'nt and as alway's I'm apprecitive of anyones time and or help!) I simply responded to the last line of his statement where it was incomplete or left for assumption, like you said about he can't assume well neither can I, and based on that incomplete statement that you seemed to be able to complete I did'nt want to leave misunderstanding and or ignorance on my part about what I'm asking, my mechical abilities where never part of my question my questions where about components parts and fitment issues, but again I appeciate your concerns and statements and I thank you for it as well as thanked Buellwinkle several times for his advice. I always rule on the side of thinking possitive over negative about people but I will always ask and or address any concerns in a respectfull format, that being said I've read over your advice and feel very secure with the information given to me by the both of you, thanks again your reputations preceeds you guy's you are some of the good guy's and that's a fact (No assumption) LOL!
Don't sweat it. Reason I back Buellwinkle is he's done so much to contribute to this message board, so I know he's always willing to help. Take a look at his website and you'll see.

I have a reputation for helping out newbies and I'm sure you'll see that the more you visit the boards.

Regardless, I hope everything works out well with whatever you decide to go with. It's always a tough decision trying to decide where and when to spend the $$$ on mods, but hopefully whichever way you go, you'll be happy with it. And, if you're not, there's always the option of selling those parts to someone on hear that is looking for an upgrade much like yourself.