C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Good MB-proficient mechanic around Irvine, CA?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Good MB-proficient mechanic around Irvine, CA?

Can anyone recommend a good MB-proficient shop in the Irvine area? I need some suspension work done on my C320 Wagon and I'd like to avoid the MB dealer prices if I can.

Thanks.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The problem is the good MB mechanics charge as much or more than the dealer. You can check out Frank's MB, long established MB repair in Irvine and Laguna Beach. I've compared prices from Frank's and other MB repair shops for some stuff like alternator replacement or radiator replacement and the dealer was within 10% of the lowest prices, some were higher. Also consider that the complex electronics in newer cars are best dealt with by the dealer because they have Star Diagnostics computers and small guys may or may not and even if they do, they may not be up to date. I know MB of Laguna Niguel has a dyno for testing and their prices aren't bad. What I find is that if one SA gives you a high price, walk inside and come out again and ask another SA. Or tell them you are short on dough and see if there some alternatives like rebuilding a part rather than replacing it. Then consider the loaner, even if that price is a few dollars cheaper, you can't beat a loaner for convenience. Even when I checked out getting my AC repaired on our past Honda, the difference in price between one dealer and another was $400. Small AC place was cheaper but only by about $200 and that was for a rebuilt compresser vs. a brand new one from Honda.

Do you just need the car lowered? Anyone can do that for you.
Old 04-20-2006, 04:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
08 CLS550 Diamond White 09upgrades
buellwinkle is correct

Hey buellwinkle. You are correct / I agree.

As for the suspension I thnk you can go to the tires place they would know how to do it. check with Drex he used someone in El Monte / Monterey Park ?? (or near there) to get his car lowered.

and to asnwer your ?? I go to Import Doctor in Seal Beach 405 N exit valley view blvd South to seal beach........ PM me if you want their phone# They're pretty good and price is reasonable

Good luck.. ps if you got it done do post update with service / parts# and COST$$

I might want to lower my car too.

buellwinkle.have u been to Fletcher Jones??

Last edited by mbz4810; 04-20-2006 at 04:38 PM.
Old 04-20-2006, 06:32 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by mbz4810
...As for the suspension I thnk you can go to the tires place they would know how to do it. check with Drex he used someone in El Monte / Monterey Park ?? (or near there) to get his car lowered...
Actually, gotta correct this. TEIN did all my suspension work (benefits of doing R&D) w/ exception to the swaybars.

I do know of a shop that is a TEIN authorized dealer that is in El Monte that I have gone to several times in the past.

I do see that you are looking to find one in Irvine, so that's quite a distance to El Monte. If in fact, you are looking to just lower your car, hopefully someone that is in the area knows of a place. I'm sure there are a few in the O.C. area, but couldn't give you any specific shops (cuz I don't know any out there).
Old 04-24-2006, 01:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you guys.