C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Reliabillity of C230

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 01:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
08 CLS550 Diamond White 09upgrades
Warranty Company

Warranty companies are all different with different dealers. Best way to do it is to call up you local dealer, the one the is most convenience for you to drop off / pick up car in the futer; and ask them for info, usually the finance department handles this transaction. The price they quote you IS NOT FIX, it is NEGOTIABLE SO you can, you must negotiate to get a better price.

there are however other extended warranty companies out there that sells the same / similar policy.

my personal preference is to use the dealer one, eventhough it is a little more expenseive (8 - 20%) but you dont have to go throught the hassle of extra paper works ./ approval ..... the deale USUALLY takes care of this process.

Good Luck.
Old 05-05-2006, 01:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C300 Sport 4Matic
Didn't the London Bridge fall down or somethin? I remember a song about it when I was little...lol
Old 05-05-2006, 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 E55 and 2002 E320
So many bridges. That's okay, I have my Golden Gate Bridge right here.

There's only one of those.

I think it's called Western General. Talk to your dealer about it too. They'll wanna sell you an additional warranty.
Old 05-05-2006, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1998 Buick Regal GS (untill the C230 replaces it)
Originally Posted by mbz4810
Warranty companies are all different with different dealers. Best way to do it is to call up you local dealer, the one the is most convenience for you to drop off / pick up car in the futer; and ask them for info, usually the finance department handles this transaction. The price they quote you IS NOT FIX, it is NEGOTIABLE SO you can, you must negotiate to get a better price.

there are however other extended warranty companies out there that sells the same / similar policy.

my personal preference is to use the dealer one, eventhough it is a little more expenseive (8 - 20%) but you dont have to go throught the hassle of extra paper works ./ approval ..... the deale USUALLY takes care of this process.

Good Luck.
Thanks for the input, I'll ask the F/I guy what they carry now (it's been a while since I worked there). Yes, I am aware of of the 50-60% markup in warranties. Finance guys are still salesman, they don't get their 100k a year from filling out paperwork! Everrything pertaining to this deal I'll be paying a little over wholesale cost on. I wish we had a MB dealer here so I could compare and see if the extra cost of the car /warranty would be worth it.
Nonetheless, I am greatly looking foward to joining the Mercedes Benz auto family.
Old 05-05-2006, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by fasteddie
My thought exactly Pat;

Did you say Britain...or London Ontario?

Ed
Is that Ontario, California? Because there's no real rivers there but they do have a flood control channels with overpasses, maybe you can call those bridges.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
That would be Ontario, the province in Canada.

The real problem with discussing which driving practices affect reliability is that, as far as I can tell, there's no actual data. A lot of it is conventional wisdom that's been around forever.

One thing that makes strong intuitive sense, though, is that most of an engine's wear occurs when it's first started up, since the oil needs to circulate and then get to its operating temperature. So, once an engine is warm, I'm not so sure additional revs have much of an impact.

I might study issues like this in the future. The difficulty is getting accurate responses on driving styles.