C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

My 2006 C230 is here!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As of May 15th: 2006 C230 Black on Black
My 2006 C230 is here!

I popped in the dealership today since I am rarely in their neighborhood. I didn't expect to see my car, just to look around. However, outside the back side of the showroom sat my car. My last name on the dash and all the plastic on the seats. She looks great. Black on black. This is a cell phone picture. I will probably get a call from my sales lady tomorrow about it, today she was off.

Any tips on what to do before I take delivery? I have my Zaino, car wash, car mits, big blue towel, and even spare change. Did you get anything when you took delivery? (Maybe they told you why they call it 'take delivery'?!?)
Attached Thumbnails My 2006 C230 is here!-my-car.jpg  
Old 05-08-2006, 06:06 PM

2006 C230
congrats, i just picked mine up last wednesday. I also got Black on black. I put a coat of Zaino on over the weekend.

Old 05-08-2006, 06:32 PM

2012 MERCEDES CLS63 AMG
Originally Posted by dozier08
I popped in the dealership today since I am rarely in their neighborhood. I didn't expect to see my car, just to look around. However, outside the back side of the showroom sat my car. My last name on the dash and all the plastic on the seats. She looks great. Black on black. This is a cell phone picture. I will probably get a call from my sales lady tomorrow about it, today she was off.

Any tips on what to do before I take delivery? I have my Zaino, car wash, car mits, big blue towel, and even spare change. Did you get anything when you took delivery? (Maybe they told you why they call it 'take delivery'?!?)

looks great man, congratz is it just me or is the star hood emblem missing
Old 05-08-2006, 06:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 C230 SS
Originally Posted by M230K
looks great man, congratz is it just me or is the star hood emblem missing
hahaha... whoooooooops! i think that gets put on at dealer...
Old 05-08-2006, 06:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 E55 and 2002 E320
Sometimes they take the hood emblem off during the shipping.

When you take delivery of the car, make sure about a few things.

1. That they detail your car very well. Remind them to be extremely careful because it's black.

2. Make sure the tire pressure is set. When the car is shipped, sometimes it will have a higher PSI than it's supposed to have when driven. The dealership forgets to adjust it.

3. Break it in very gradually for the first 600 miles.

4. Test drive the vehicle, make sure everything works properly. Had an E320 that came with the air conditioning stuck in the "EC" mode, meaning no air conditioning. Broken switch.

5. Check the underneath of the front spoiler to make sure there are no scratches on there. Be very careful when you park too, the front gets scratched very easily. Sometimes the car's front bumper/spoiler will get itself caught on those parking lot concrete curbs.

6. Ask them to throw in rubber floor mats (if you don't want them, you can sell them to me) as a courtesy gesture.

7. If you live in a state that doesn't require the front license plate, remind your dealer not to drill it. Also, make sure they give you the license plate bracket with the screws. If you do live in a state that requires it, make sure that the dealer drills it in the right way (I've seen them drill it upside down on a car once).

8. Make sure that everything is 100% correct on the car. If it isn't, ask them to wait a day and check back here on the forums.

good luck and congratulations.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 C55
Originally Posted by patrick_y
Sometimes they take the hood emblem off during the shipping.

When you take delivery of the car, make sure about a few things.

1. That they detail your car very well. Remind them to be extremely careful because it's black.

2. Make sure the tire pressure is set. When the car is shipped, sometimes it will have a higher PSI than it's supposed to have when driven. The dealership forgets to adjust it.

4. Test drive the vehicle, make sure everything works properly. Had an E320 that came with the air conditioning stuck in the "EC" mode, meaning no air conditioning. Broken switch.

5. Check the underneath of the front spoiler to make sure there are no scratches on there. Be very careful when you park too, the front gets scratched very easily. Sometimes the car's front bumper/spoiler will get itself caught on those parking lot concrete curbs.

6. Ask them to throw in rubber floor mats (if you don't want them, you can sell them to me) as a courtesy gesture.

7. If you live in a state that doesn't require the front license plate, remind your dealer not to drill it. Also, make sure they give you the license plate bracket with the screws. If you do live in a state that requires it, make sure that the dealer drills it in the right way (I've seen them drill it upside down on a car once).

8. Make sure that everything is 100% correct on the car. If it isn't, ask them to wait a day and check back here on the forums.

good luck and congratulations.

yeah, what he said! LOL, great tips bro.
i was so anxious to get out of there with mine i didnt check anything. the person who drove the car left black grease marks in the interior, it was a b itch to get out and it's still not the same, and parts of the silver trim inside were scratched up. make sure you check everything.
congrats and good luck, take some more pics when you start moding.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 and 2002 E320
Here's the list of the pick up check list for C32 AMG owners off the www.c32life.com website.

Naturally, some of these things don't entire apply to non-AMG cars.

Pick-up Checklist

1. When the dealer calls to tell you the car is at the dealership

0 Tell them not to install the front plate mount! They will drill holes in the bumper if you don’t! (there is an aftermarket bracket that will mount the plate without drilling)

0 Ask the dealer not to put the dealer ID sticker (badge) on the trunk lid

2. When you arrive at the dealer to pick up the car, read your contract/lease before you inspect the car (you should get a blank copy of the lease and read the terms and conditions before you go to pick up the car). Do not sign the deal until your inspection of the vehicle is complete.

0 Are all agreed to accessories in the lease contract?
0 Do the dollar amounts agree with the work sheet?
0 Is the allowed mileage figure correct?

3. Visually inspect the vehicle exterior and interior

0 Look for paint chips, scratches or other paint damage
0 Are all the plastic wrap glue spots removed and was the car waxed
0 Inspect the glass (including lenses) and tires for damage (especially with a lease)
0 Inspect the alloy wheels CLOSELY for damage
0 Inspect all the seating leather for any chips of color (especially charcoal seats)
0 Stand behind the car and have the dealer put the top up and down. Look for proper operation of the mechanisms. There should be no jumping, binding or unusual noises. Top must move smoothly and evenly on both sides.
0 Have the dealer operate all of the exterior lights and check their operation
0 Check the tire pressures (bring a gauge with you) because the tires are inflated to a very high pressure for transit.

4. Check for included accessories

0 AMG floor mats
0 The Tool kit (it must contain all the tools listed in the owner’s manual, the spare tire bolts and the manual crank for the roof).
0 CD Changer (should be mounted with the cassette door facing the rear)
0 Wind deflector (the mesh one that attaches to the roll bars)

5. Sit in the car and test all the controls to be sure everything works.

0 Lock and unlock the doors with both the keys and the remote
0 Open and close the roof yourself, listen for unusual creaking noises etc.
0 Check radio controls (both AM and FM)
0 CD Player (bring a CD with you)
0 Windows (use console window buttons this time, not the top switch)
0 Interior lighting, both automatic and manual controls
0 Open/close glove box
0 Heated seats (sit in both seats yourself)
0 Telescoping steering wheel (on all 320’s)
0 Power seats (on all 320’s)
0 Floor mats installed
0 Tele-Aide connection (have the dealer dial into Tele-Aide to confirm proper operation and to make sure they have your contact numbers correct).
0 Have the dealer program your garage door opener (you wouldn’t think of owning an AMG without a garage for it, would you?)
0 A full tank of gas

6. Test drive the car (with the radio and climate control systems TURNED OFF at first) and check

0 For squeaks, rattles, bangs or any loose objects
0 All the gauges and warning lights are working properly
0 Cruise Control operation
0 Air Conditioning and temperature settings and controls
0 Make sure the alignment is OK (car should not drift to one side or the other on a straight and level road)
0 Horn
0 Wipers/washers
0 All the other stuff to numerous to mention

7. Finish the deal

0 Re-check all the documents
0 Sign when all are correct
0 Do not let them stick the temporary registration paper to the back window glass!!! (it will break the heater strips for the rear window defroster when removed)

8. Drive away!!!!

0 Try to keep the big grin off your face so other drivers on the road don’t think your pleasuring yourself.

Another thing, make sure that all the tools are included in the spare tools caddy in the trunk. Sometimes, a technician will take one out and forget to put it back in.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:49 PM
Almost a Member!

2003 C230 Kompressor
She's a beauty. Have fun with her!
Old 05-08-2006, 07:55 PM

Congrats
Old 05-08-2006, 09:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

is SOLD
congratulations on the new ride!
Old 05-08-2006, 10:55 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
congratz on the new car and welcome to the forum.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 C320wz
before I took delivery of my car, I had to clean up the other half of the garage. What a major task !
Old 05-09-2006, 01:16 AM

As of May 15th: 2006 C230 Black on Black
Thanks for all the tips. I have a few follow ups...

I have asked them to skip the waxing. Just one less coat for me to remove with my Zaino. Is that a good idea? It is a brand new car.

What is a good tire pressure?

Can you elaborate?

What is EC mode? Did you notice this just because the AC wasn't working or is this something you can see?

Do they really do this?!?

Thanks
Old 05-09-2006, 07:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 and 2002 E320
Originally Posted by dozier08
Thanks for all the tips. I have a few follow ups...

I have asked them to skip the waxing. Just one less coat for me to remove with my Zaino. Is that a good idea? It is a brand new car.

What is a good tire pressure?

Can you elaborate?

What is EC mode? Did you notice this just because the AC wasn't working or is this something you can see?

Do they really do this?!?

Thanks
If you're going to wax the car right after you get it, then ask them not to was the car.

A good tire pressure is about 32/36.

Break it in very gently. Don't drive the car too aggressively for the first 1000 miles. Avoid high engine speeds, downshifting, etc.

Basically, the E320 had a problem in which the actual air conditioner was never able to be turned on. Make sure this isn't a problem on your car by turning the air conditioning on and off and making sure that it's cold.

Yes, ask for them to give you all the key chains you want, floormats, an umbrella (every car ought to come with an umbrella no matter what climate you're in), and a set of floor mats. Ask them to throw in a Mercedes-Benz baseball cap as well. I got the keychains and the umbrella, I forgot to ask for anything else, but they probably would've given it to me.

Don't ask for too much though. Oh, ask for the Mercedes-Benz teddy bear.
Old 05-09-2006, 07:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 C320wz
...Break it in very gently. Don't drive the car too aggressively for the first 1000 miles. Avoid high engine speeds, downshifting, etc...
I messed up right here. When I first got my car, I mis-read the information in the owner's manual and only drove up to 1/3 of the maximum rpm in each gear (upshift at 2,000 rpm). The manual says 2/3 ! (upshift at 4,000 rpm) -- page 282

upshifting at 4,000 rpm is not exactly babying it, I don't think
Old 05-09-2006, 07:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 and 2002 E320
I agree, 4000 is very high. I'd keep it under 3000.

One thing I absolutely don't like about automatic transmissions is that when the car is warming up, the transmission shifts at higher RPMs to warm up the exhaust system. I absolutely hate it when I'm going to 3000 RPMs in the morning in my quiet neighborhood street when I don't want it to go so high.