C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

My C Class is GONE!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 10:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Originally Posted by StapleGun
Hopping the fence to get a BMW will not avail you to "greener" pastures....their new autos are crap as well. My better half has had nothing but problems with her 328i, I'll take my ol' '73 2002 over ANY new BMW anyday.
Given that the complexity of new cars is a hundred times what it was on an old car, its easy to see the advantage in simplicity.
Old 05-14-2006, 11:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One with 4 wheels
Originally Posted by Outland
Its about dealing with what life deals you. This is part of life, how you deal with it is what defines you. Having a temper tantrum when things don't go right isn't going to get you anywhere in life. Must be great business you run. Do you have a revolving door? The adults going out, and the 3 year olds, drama queens, and perfectionists going in?
Ouch.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:24 AM

C 230K Coupé
I feel you guys on the wiper blade chattering. It's definitelly annoying. I've had the wiper blades replaced but the same problem occurs. Luckily I live in sunny california and we don't get much rain. Thought when we do get it the problem usually just comes and goes.
On another note, the lease on my C-coupe is ending in a month. I'm going to miss it soo much .
Old 05-15-2006, 01:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

One with 4 wheels
Originally Posted by r3v1ls
I feel you guys on the wiper blade chattering. It's definitelly annoying. I've had the wiper blades replaced but the same problem occurs. Luckily I live in sunny california and we don't get much rain. Thought when we do get it the problem usually just comes and goes.
On another note, the lease on my C-coupe is ending in a month. I'm going to miss it soo much .
What're you getting for a replacement r3?
Old 05-15-2006, 05:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 E55 and 2002 E320
I used to get that wiper blade chattering thing. I just spray on the window washing fluid as lubricant. it works for me, might not work on your car though. After about 10 minutes, it starts squeaking and chattering again. I just squeeze on some more of my window washing fluid as lubricant.

Works like a charm.

But yea, that sound drives me nuts. If the dealer couldn't fix it, that'd kill me. The car also rattles too. Makes me almost want to get rid of it now.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 BMW X3M Comp
Its about dealing with what life deals you. This is part of life, how you deal with it is what defines you. Having a temper tantrum when things don't go right isn't going to get you anywhere in life. Must be great business you run. Do you have a revolving door? The adults going out, and the 3 year olds, drama queens, and perfectionists going in?
This is not an example of dealing with life deals you...its about people accepting mediocrity.
If someone learns they have liver cancer, has diabetes or if they go blind - those are examples of dealing with what life deals you. Buying a product that fails to meet basic standards of quality and accepting it as part of life is a sign of mediocrity; if you accept it as part of life, you clearly dish it out too.

And yes, my company does have a revolving door - for losers and anyone else that thinks mediocrity is acceptable. Considering we have nearly 300 applicants per opening, we have this luxury of keeping our standards high.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 BMW X3M Comp
Originally Posted by TA-9FF
Ouch.
hardly
Old 05-15-2006, 10:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Silver 2002 C32, Silver 2006 CLK 350
I found a way that you would never have to worry about your car braking down.... I just dont drive it

Last edited by Trekman; 05-15-2006 at 10:50 AM.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

One with 4 wheels
Originally Posted by NY C32
This is not an example of dealing with life deals you...its about people accepting mediocrity.
If someone learns they have liver cancer, has diabetes or if they go blind - those are examples of dealing with what life deals you. Buying a product that fails to meet basic standards of quality and accepting it as part of life is a sign of mediocrity; if you accept it as part of life, you clearly dish it out too.

And yes, my company does have a revolving door - for losers and anyone else that thinks mediocrity is acceptable. Considering we have nearly 300 applicants per opening, we have this luxury of keeping our standards high.
No offense, but Corporate America isn't exactly the shining light of the world. Most companies that want "high quality" employees essentially just want "Highly Motivated Yes Men" that are easily moldable into the companies image. (ie: corporate *****)

I agree that mediocrity is something that is widely accepted, and I agree it is in one's best interest to strive for personal excellence.....however, having "high standards", like everything else in life, has its limits. To assume and admit you have the utmost highest standards in everything just makes you seem a bit naive and arrogant. What you view as having high standards may be low standards to someone "better than you". And there's always someone better than you, just like there's always someone less fortunate than you. So in a sense, your standards, like everyone else's in the world...........reside in the middle.

Just my $0.02.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 BMW X3M Comp
Originally Posted by TA-9FF
No offense, but Corporate America isn't exactly the shining light of the world. Most companies that want "high quality" employees essentially just want "Highly Motivated Yes Men" that are easily moldable into the companies image. (ie: corporate *****)

I agree that mediocrity is something that is widely accepted, and I agree it is in one's best interest to strive for personal excellence.....however, having "high standards", like everything else in life, has its limits. To assume and admit you have the utmost highest standards in everything just makes you seem a bit naive and arrogant. What you view as having high standards may be low standards to someone "better than you". And there's always someone better than you, just like there's always someone less fortunate than you. So in a sense, your standards, like everyone else's in the world...........reside in the middle.

Just my $0.02.
No offense taken but maybe its because I have no idea what you're trying to say in your post. First you say if someone has the utmost highest standards, they are naive and arrogant yet in the paragraph you're telling me that if you do have high standards, you're actually in the middle

Bottom line is this - If you buy a Mercedes but have no expectations as to the quality, why bother paying the premium that Mercedes charges? As with all things, there will be flaws but it is clearly the dealers job to fix the problem.

This is nothing new to the world and its just like everything else, you get what you paid for. So why doesn't a member have the right to bi*ch and moan about problems they've had with their car without people like you saying there are bigger and better things to worry about?

As for corporate America, my company (the one I'm consulting for, not own) is privately held and intend to stay that way. They are known to be the highest paying but most demanding in their industry and they certainly don't hire "yes" people because we expect them to bring something to the table... If they need direction, we don't need them. Call it what you will but this business model has worked for many companies, one of which was a case study at Harvard B school until they were recently acquired.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:25 PM

C 230K Coupé
What're you getting for a replacement r3?
I'll show you guys once I finally get it. The best part is that I will be able to mod this car so I'm pretty excited .
Old 05-15-2006, 02:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

One with 4 wheels
No offense taken but maybe its because I have no idea what you're trying to say in your post. First you say if someone has the utmost highest standards, they are naive and arrogant yet in the paragraph you're telling me that if you do have high standards, you're actually in the middle

Basically, my point was, having high standards is different for everyone. I probably should've just said that instead. lol

Bottom line is this - If you buy a Mercedes but have no expectations as to the quality, why bother paying the premium that Mercedes charges? As with all things, there will be flaws but it is clearly the dealers job to fix the problem.
I have to agree with you on this. However, MB isn't alone in having quality issues. I used to think BMW was better in terms of quality, but whenever I'm over at the Bimmerfest forums, I notice similar quality issues. The only good thing I like about BMW now seems to be their Free Maintenance Program.

This is nothing new to the world and its just like everything else, you get what you paid for. So why doesn't a member have the right to bi*ch and moan about problems they've had with their car without people like you saying there are bigger and better things to worry about?
I don't really complain too much about my car, even though it has its own share of quirks. I realize there is no such thing as a perfect car. Well......hmm...there are only 2 cars I know of that comes close to perfection....but that's another thread.
But yeah, I stand by that there are bigger and better things to worry about. If a car has issues, that's what a warranty is for. Yeah I know it sucks when you have to bring it in, but eh.......such is life.

As for corporate America, my company (the one I'm consulting for, not own) is privately held and intend to stay that way. They are known to be the highest paying but most demanding in their industry and they certainly don't hire "yes" people because we expect them to bring something to the table... If they need direction, we don't need them. Call it what you will but this business model has worked for many companies, one of which was a case study at Harvard B school until they were recently acquired.
I tend to respect smaller companies and small businesses over the seemingly "faceless" giant corporations; while logical, I don't care much for the "Company Heads, Company Grunts" hierarchy. I think building a business requires building relationships with your customers as well as your employees........not about using them to fill ones own personal greed. It's because of this attitude of "profit over everything else" that I feel that customer service and quality control is more or less......dead. Not all large companies fall into this pit.....however, IMHO, most of them do. I meant no disrespect to you, or anyone else for that matter. These are just my opinions.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:47 PM

C32

Kinda funny how a wiper blade reoccurring problem became a whole debate on corporate America .

Needless to say, you are going to find the typical staunt defenders of all things MB on this forum. Let them be.
Old 05-15-2006, 04:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Admitting you have very high standards is the first step in admitting you have OCD, nothing Prozac can't help with. Buying a brand that consistantly rates below average in reliability surveys like JD Power and Consumer reports and expecting otherwise comes from a mediocre mind. You blame MB, but in reality, you should blame yourself for not having done the research before committing to a large purchase. Typical of the mediocrity in people I see on "The Apprentice", fancy Harvard degrees but I wouldn't hire them to be my receptionist. Next time, consider a Lexus, not another european car that will be more of the same, just shows you don't do your homework.
Old 05-15-2006, 04:59 PM

I disagree that the corporate mindset has taken over and CS is dead. There are many many examples of companies that have implemented Six Sigma and have improved quality and CS tremendously.

My two pet peeves are auto service and the airlines. I honestly believe the airlines put "looking for disgruntled, bitter angry people" in their job descriptions. It's absolutely amazing how bad it's gotten. However, that is certainly not the case in all industries and not even comparable in industries that have taken a dramatic approach to CS and seen incredible improvements in CS levels.
Old 05-15-2006, 06:28 PM

2006 C230
Originally Posted by Buellwinkle
Admitting you have very high standards is the first step in admitting you have OCD, nothing Prozac can't help with. Buying a brand that consistantly rates below average in reliability surveys like JD Power and Consumer reports and expecting otherwise comes from a mediocre mind. You blame MB, but in reality, you should blame yourself for not having done the research before committing to a large purchase. Typical of the mediocrity in people I see on "The Apprentice", fancy Harvard degrees but I wouldn't hire them to be my receptionist. Next time, consider a Lexus, not another european car that will be more of the same, just shows you don't do your homework.
So why do you drive a Mercedes then? People are sure good at *****ing and complaining on this forum.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 E55 and 2002 E320
I'm not sure I 100% agree. I'm an extremely demanding person, the type who will yell and make a scene if I'm displeased. However, I don't think I have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (assuming that's what you meant by OCD).

I thought Obsessive Compulsive Disorder was when someone had this continuous repetitive behavior that would stimulate them both physically and mentally. Kind of like how a baby keeps on hitting things that turn.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry, just spent time watching a Monk marathon. For those that never watched Monk, its a show about an OCD detective. I still stand firm on believing that if you did not do research to find that a certain brand or car is not reliable, you can only blame yourself.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:00 PM

2006 C230
Sorry, just spent time watching a Monk marathon. For those that never watched Monk, its a show about an OCD detective. I still stand firm on believing that if you did not do research to find that a certain brand or car is not reliable, you can only blame yourself.
How does that hold true for new model years. Also if there was such a thing as a perfect car i'm sure everyone would have it. I don't car which car company you name, there is a model or models that have issues. Also if you think mercedes is so bad why do you own one.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:02 PM

Metro Card : (
Where to begin? To expect something to be corrected after nearly a dozen visits is OCD? Give me a break. MB may not be in the top of quality out of the factory, but one would expect dealer SERVICE to address and correct the issuse.

No matter which you cut it, you can't validate consistent failure and poor performance of a) product, b)warranty and c) the dealer
Old 05-15-2006, 11:05 PM

Metro Card : (

NYC32 - could not agree more with you here! People need to own up to their responbilities and do their job. No one can rationally justify something simple, yet critical, like wipers that do not work properly after repeated attempts to fix them as acceptable. Again, I can not stress how awful this problem. It was NOT a simple chatter. The wiper noise would literally overpower the stereo at FULL BLAST. It would vibrate the whole windshield.

As a MB owner (HELL ANY NEW CAR OWNER), one should not have to search through all sorts of home remedies to correct a problem. The dealer is supposed to offer the ultimate in service. Should factory/OEM wipers work on my car?? YES! Don't tell me I need to do research. I researched the effing car before I bought it. I don't recall "wipers will not ever work. And when you go to the dealer, Warranty will not help" being in the Terms and Conditions.

I think this is the underlying problem with MB. Blinded arrogance. Not all dealers are this way, but too many are.

Again, I am little surprised of the resistance on this forum. To recap, the problem was not fixable, the dealer mgmt was unhelpful, I had to sell the car b/c I was moving and all interested buyers did want to buy it w/ the wiper problem. I personally could not blame them as they all found the problem unacceptable and did not want the MB headache.

Last edited by jsloan01; 05-15-2006 at 11:31 PM.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 BMW X3M Comp
I should've known where your post was going after you started off by associating high standards to OCD but then to see you take that next step and say that mediocrity comes from not reading JD Power and Consumer reports.

I can't speak for the 49,000+ members but quality wasn't the main reason for me buying a Mercedes so I don't think your argument applies. There are other aspects to the car such as engineering, performance, not to mention name. However, there is a standard of quality that Mercedes, as well as every brand should have. We do pay for it, so I expect it. Why did you bother?
Old 05-16-2006, 12:39 AM

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts
Too many to list
When did admitting that you have high standards is a sign of OCD in the profession of psychiatry? I think someone needs to go back to school. Having high standards is what separates the Japanese automakers from the Germans and Americans. Mediocre minds result in mediocre products. What's worst is paying a premium for a mediocre product and accepting it. That is truly sad!
Old 05-16-2006, 11:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Originally Posted by diamondblak05
Having high standards is what separates the Japanese automakers from the Germans and Americans. !
Blah blah blah....this thread has degenerated into the same tired generalities and crap theories that populate any dicussion that dares venture into the world of 'quality'.
Old 05-17-2006, 10:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 BMW X3M Comp
Blah blah blah....this thread has degenerated into the same tired generalities and crap theories that populate any dicussion that dares venture into the world of 'quality'.
If you don't like the topic, just skip the thread. Nobody is forcing you to take part in any thread that you find so repulsive. I see that if a topic doesn't head in the direction you want, it means its degenerative and full of "crap theories"
Funny

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My C Class is GONE!!!!