C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Motorola Phone v70

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2001 | 10:51 AM

Re: as far as cdma phones go....

Greg,

Totally agree with you; got the handsfree set installed on Tuesday and cannot stop "using" (or playing with) it. As for the phone itself, it is really "lovely". But for the voice recognition (come with MB) system, it/computer still misinterpret "five" to "nine" unless I speak slowly, besides that, it is definitely much safer than watching the keypad and try to dial the number.

-- mb newbie

Originally posted by greg230
i have had the startac 7868 (trimode one), the timeport 8767 (trimode color screen) and the mototola v60c (soon to be replaced by an MB version of the phone w/kit)

i love my 60c, it may not have games, or programmable ring tones, no changeable face plates, or other gimmicky crap.

but it has the closest to landline phone sound, great ability to grab and hold on to signal, and an above average set of features, if you need a phone, and are even thinking about going with something installed. its your only answer.

greg
Old 12-21-2001 | 11:30 AM

black on black 2k2-230k auto/c1/c5/c7/k2c/COMAND/TELEAID/Stage II HIDS
i love the way we keep comparing the WORST wireless company (voicestream) with the SECOND worst wireless company (sprint).

if your a sucker for the "global standard" world community, i guess you gotta go with VS (for now) but if you are just looking for great service, great customer service, and big network, verizon and ATT are your best bets.

JD power pretty much awarded all of america to either att or verizon as the top wireless provider

verizon won:
boston
phila
washington
baltimore
charlotte
cleveland
houston (tie with cingular)
seattle
phoenix (alltell, same network)
san diego

ATT took these markets:
pittsburgh
tampa
miami
detroit
minneapolis
chicago
dallas
las vegas
denver
portland
sacramento
san fran
los angeles

voice stream tore it up in:
atlanta

Sprint made a great showing in:
New York
st louis

and some more praise for voicestream and sprint:
"Nearly 80% of letters PlanetFeedback gets about wireless firms are complaints. The average for other industries is 62%. Three of the site's 20 worst-rated companies are VoiceStream Wireless, Sprint PCS and WorldCom Wireless. The letters drip with frustration.""

read the full article here

usa today

but then again, they have jamie lee curtis and there is that cool guy in the trenchcoat if your wireless company needs gimmicks in advertisements, you need a new wireless company

greg
Old 12-21-2001 | 02:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+
Re: Re: as far as cdma phones go....

Originally posted by mb_newbie
...But for the voice recognition (come with MB) system, it/computer still misinterpret "five" to "nine" unless I speak slowly...
Try saying "funf" (pronounced "fewn-ff") instead of "five"

Last edited by vadim; 12-21-2001 at 05:12 PM.