C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Forged Signature on tele agreement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2002, 11:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forged Signature on tele agreement

I knew I didn't sign the tele agreement. After being charged unexpectantly I requested a copy of the agreement that I supposedly signed and it arrived today. It turns out the sales person FORGED my name! This sounds like a legal issue to me. I contacted Mercedes tele and they put me in touch with Mercedes in New Jersey and I told the person what happened and he said someone would be in touch with me. I am so pissed off right now I don't know what I want from this but this seems pretty serious to me. Forgery I believe is a felony.
Old 08-17-2002, 02:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

hell yeah this is a huge issue if someone forged your signature....

but the question I have is are you over your 1 year free period...if you are...did you sign up for the first year yourself? From my understanding, after the first year, you are notified and automatically charged for tele-aid..... there is no resigning of anything....
Old 08-17-2002, 08:40 AM
JeT

You should demand free tele for life. Any action you bring against them (not sure of the exact law in the US) will probably result in a nominal remedy as far as you are concerned. However, if they did forge your sig, then the State will screw em!
Old 08-17-2002, 06:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2008 BMW M6, 2008 Ducati 1098, 2008 Ducati Monster S2R1000, 1971 Ducati Scrambler
I've heard some real dealership horror stories, but this one takes the cake.

If MBUSA does not immediately resolve this problem to your liking, tell them you will be notifying the district attorney of wherever your dealership is located and the district attorney of wherever MBUSA is located in New Jersey. Also tell them you will be contacting the BBB.

If you feel the need, contact a lawyer who is on the Bar for New Jersey and whichever state you live in.
Old 08-17-2002, 07:17 PM
Super Moderator

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
Originally posted by Accord
If you feel the need, contact a lawyer who is on the Bar for New Jersey and whichever state you live in.

Contact Moderator Drew... I think he is a Bar certified lawyer in New Jersey as well now.
Old 08-18-2002, 11:19 AM

Question Compensation

I was talking to a relative about this and his question to me was "what do you want"? I don't know what I want, Mercedes can't give me back my time and you can't put a price on my aggrevation. I would hope that Daimler is a stand up enough company to make this up to me in some sort of way to keep me from pressing charges in the county where the dealership is. I'm not one of those people that is looking to sue someone but if someone can get $5 mil for burning their lip on hot coffee I wonder what would happen to someone that has been a subject of fraud while trying to purchase thier product?

P.S. How do I contact Moderator Drew, awiner?
Old 08-18-2002, 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: Sitting behind thing freakin desk of mine. Dreaming I was playing my Taylors, and driving my Benz. Long Live The VRAA!!!!!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230 Sports Coupe
Just look for him in the members list.
Old 08-19-2002, 08:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 VW GTI
if someone can get $5 mil for burning their lip on hot coffee I wonder what would happen to someone that has been a subject of fraud while trying to purchase thier product?
Personal injury is a whole 'nother ballgame. What are your damages? Time and aggravation? Then enjoy your free Tele-aid
Old 08-19-2002, 12:40 PM
Almost a Member!

2002 C230K
Thought you had to "sign-up" for TeleAid even for the first year even though its free. You need a credit card number and your signature to do that. Should you choose not to renew (at cost) you must notify MB. You signed the agreement when you picked up the car....
Old 08-19-2002, 01:59 PM

C230 K
Just out of curiosity what is the name of the dealer in NJ? I bought my car from Millennium and they suck big time. I just wrote a letter to MBUSA. My registration and plates are not ready after almost two months. Also I took the car for an engine hesitation problem and it leaked gas.
Old 08-19-2002, 09:31 PM
Almost a Member!

did you get a reply from MBUSA?
I wonder if writing them will get you anywhere?
Yac
Old 08-20-2002, 12:30 AM

2005 SL65
suggest you contact state attorney general rather than DA for the municipality in which the transaction occurred. AGs have consumer affairs departments for just this sort of thing. however, before making contact and alleging misconduct, carefully read the original tele-aid agreement, copy all relevant documents and put together a clear chronology of events. a date should precede and accompany a concise description of each step of the conduct. also, write a very short summary of what you believe occurred. just the facts, not the emotions. it'll be much easier for you and you'll appear much more sincere. just my $.02. hope it's useful. please post as you proceed.
Old 08-20-2002, 02:16 AM

Take them to court if they do not want to compensate you in some way. P.S. and no free cup holders or key chains
Old 08-20-2002, 10:46 AM

2005 SL65
unfortunately, going to court will cost money up front. if not settled before a hearing, then they'd probably be represented by an atty. attys tend to know very well how to navigate the court system.

how about allowing the government to do the dirty work first. afterward, their findings -- to which the complainant may have access -- can then be the start or the basis of a lawsuit.

besides, when the authorities are involved, people are much more likely to roll over. another $.02 from me. i think we're up to $.04 now. my clock is ticking...
Old 08-20-2002, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2008 BMW M6, 2008 Ducati 1098, 2008 Ducati Monster S2R1000, 1971 Ducati Scrambler
The only thing that MBUSA and this particular dealership would hate more than losing a law suit, is publicity about this incident. Goto the general manager of your dealership, tell him what you want, if your demands are not met, goto the local news . They would LOVE to get their hands on a story like this.
Old 08-20-2002, 04:14 PM

2005 SL65
accord, the dealer would hate the publicity, but any decent reporter would wait for allegations to become public record before printing them. if the allegations turned out to be frivolous, spurious or otherwise slanderous, the paper and the source, i believe, would be suit-worthy, too. however, if the AG decides to pursue the matter, there would probably be some legs to the story. again, just my $.02. but i think we're now up to a grand total of $.06. it adds up quickly, doesn't it?
Old 08-21-2002, 05:37 PM

All of the above
Very scary

Oneslip,

I sell Benzes in PA and am always embarrasssed and outraged when I hear of someone haveing a bad experience.

I don't understand the benefit to the salesperson or dealership of forging the teleaid form. We don't get any kind of commission from tele-aid.

In order for the account to be activated it requires a credit card number, a password and a signature on the form.

Did you actually get billed? The first year is free, did they bill for a second year? Did they put your credit card number on the form without your permission? I think that would be the more serious offense. I have to believe that using someones card number is a felony.

Very Disturbing!!
Old 08-21-2002, 10:52 PM

CME4BENZ

I did not want tele even in the first free year. I told them I did not want it even the first year because I did not want the hassle of having to cancel it later. This salesperson clearly wrote the entire form INCLUDING signing my name to it! I have not had the time to deal with this given I just bought my first house and I'm on vacation this week trying to get moved. Next week when I get back to work and have some time to make some phone calls I will see what Mercedes wants to do about this. Like I posted earlier I am not the type of person looking for something for nothing but I'm just outraged at this violation. This salesperson should give me the commision he made off of me when the deal was done. Sounds fair to me. We'll see where I get next week with this. Thanks for all your input guys and gals.
Old 08-22-2002, 02:05 PM
Almost a Member!

2002 C230K
Angry

If indeed the incident took place as you described, you should be content with informing your local district attorney and letting them bring charges. Despite your anger, you were not injured in any way. Seems like you are more interested in being "paid off" than bringing the salesman and or dealer to justice. As a previous poster said, dealers make no commission on TeleAid. Then there is the question as to how the dealership got your credit card number to begin with -- I am not convinced that you didn't provide it initially when you took delivery of the vehicle. The time has come for consumers to stand up for what is right and not how much money they can put in their pockets.... Get a life!
Old 08-22-2002, 02:17 PM
JeT

Originally posted by nrl1
If indeed the incident took place as you described, you should be content with informing your local district attorney and letting them bring charges. Despite your anger, you were not injured in any way. Seems like you are more interested in being "paid off" than bringing the salesman and or dealer to justice. As a previous poster said, dealers make no commission on TeleAid. Then there is the question as to how the dealership got your credit card number to begin with -- I am not convinced that you didn't provide it initially when you took delivery of the vehicle. The time has come for consumers to stand up for what is right and not how much money they can put in their pockets.... Get a life!
Thats a bit unfair nrl1. Give slip the benefit of the doubt. The case may be that he did forget that he signed up...maybe it was a misunderstanding when the transaction ocurred. But if you read his original postings, I don't think he is trying to get a free ride.
Old 08-22-2002, 02:27 PM
Almost a Member!

2002 C230K
He had to have signed up -- otherwise his credit card information would NOT be on the TeleAid agreement. Moving on....
Old 08-26-2002, 06:20 PM

Credit Card #

I had to give the salesperson my credit card number when I was in the process of purchasing the car as a deposit due to the fact that the dealership I bought the car from is about 100 miles from me and the dealer had to go to another state to retrieve my C320 because I wanted a specific color. The salesperson used my number from that transaction to post it to another seperate transaction that I did not agree to. That is why he signed my name for me.

Today I spoke to Mercedes and they said the regional manager was in contact with the dealership. I think tommoro I will be on the phone with the dealerships general manager tommoro to hear with my own ears what he has to say.

I would just think that good business practice would be at least give me a call and express thier concern over this issue and at least try to smooth over the customer. I may buy the new E class, will I be buying it from that dealership?
Old 08-26-2002, 06:29 PM

2005 SL65
it seems they didn't forge to intentionally defraud you, right? still, it was a shoddy act. one way or another, you've got their private parts in a vise. squeeze gently...