C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Comand installation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 02:17 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Comand installation

Hmm Does anybody have a w203 comand 2.0 antenna? Don't know where to get these things went to three dealers in my area with a part number and all have told me part has been changed...then the new part number isn't the right one.

On another note i tried installing the nav with out the antenna and i go it to start up and to show everything on the mfd (radio channels) all that but no sound... I bought the comand harness and connected all the wires to the wires on the car yet i didnt get any sound.

Thanks
Old 06-08-2006, 02:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hmm, maybe the sound plays through the antenna. I installed 2 of them and both played loud and clear so I can't imagine what you hooked up wrong as each connector is unique shape/size. The fiber has nothing to do with sound, neither does C1 (that's for the CD changer +/- power). The C2 connector is for canbus low/high and fiber wake-up so that has nothing to do with sound. Connector A doesn't, it's mostly power. So your culprit must be connector B, front/rear/left/right speakers if it's a connector issue. It could be that while playing with it you put it on mute, you didn't turn the volume up, you didn't connect the antenna, or it's broken....