C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Strange error.... Picture here

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 08:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by mbbodytech
There is no speedtronic control unit. The cruise control / speed limiter function is controlled by the engine management computer, and the speed chosen is relayed by the instrument cluster. That's why they wanted to sell him a new engine control unit (at least I'm guessing that by the part number starting with a 111 for the 111 engine)

I learned a lot about this when I tried to retrofit the speed limiter to my US spec C Class and got nowhere. It is a part of the country coding of the engine management computer, and with emissions and such there isn't really a good way to fix this.
The engine control unit can be coded as can the cluster. You probably were able to get the speed limiter enabled in the cluster. To enable it in the engine control unit I would expect that an SCN code was needed.

In reality it can be done. Some cars such as the W168 the engine and cluster menu enabling is plainly visible to any Star Daignose. For W203 it is buried a little deeper in the plant specification area.

As for the ECU itself I would expect that the variable setting function is limited on some cars more than others.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:36 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230 Kompressor sportscoupé (2001)
YES - MB want me to change the ME ECU, they are 80% sure that its the ECU's that is at fault......

What do you guys think, should i change it?
Old 06-28-2006, 08:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by bxtc
YES - MB want me to change the ME ECU, they are 80% sure that its the ECU's that is at fault......

What do you guys think, should i change it?
So long as you get a 100% refund if it becomes clear that wiring is faulty.
Old 06-30-2006, 08:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speedtronic controller error

I Have a C200 Kompressor with the same problem .The error does not appear by itself - you just feel a power loss and if you then try to opperate the limeter it shows the error as shown in the picture above.
I have spent thousands at the dealer changing anything from the engine harness to throttle bodies and ignition and brake switches wih no luck

Does anybody know how to resolve this problem ??
Pieter
Old 07-01-2006, 03:46 AM
Almost a Member!

C230 Kompressor sportscoupé (2001)
I think it is over....

I went to MB workshop yestoday...

We changed a few things and nothing would seem to clear the problem, until they took a look at the ME ECU, THERE WAS OIL IN THE ME ECU!!! - THE ME ECU was faulty, they changed the ME ECU and SO FAR the fault is gone and the car works normally

I hope it will remain this way.....
Old 07-01-2006, 08:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by bxtc
I went to MB workshop yestoday...

We changed a few things and nothing would seem to clear the problem, until they took a look at the ME ECU, THERE WAS OIL IN THE ME ECU!!! - THE ME ECU was faulty, they changed the ME ECU and SO FAR the fault is gone and the car works normally

I hope it will remain this way.....
Consider some more inspection of the wiring to see if it delivers any more oil to the control unit.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:40 AM
Almost a Member!

Amazing how these things happen. Congrats on your resolution of the matter!I wonder if there is a way to turn off the teleaid fault.