C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Need Audio Advice....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2002 | 01:48 AM

300E
Question Need Audio Advice....

I wanted to install Kenwood KVT-911DVD (Slide out monitor) on my C320. But I don't have any idea where to put it, because I have COMMAND system. If anyone ever install something like that, please advise me. Picture are very appreciated. Thank you
I heard that the COMMAND system can be convert to TV. Is that right?
Old 08-25-2002 | 02:04 AM

2001 Silver C320
you should not add the kvt911 if you have command. you will lose all you steering wheel controls, and i doubt you want that. if you really want t.v., i think it can be done with command, but only one a/v source. the way to add several would be to use the single input on the command with a system selector. then have a control to switch between sources on the one available channel on command. this way you can have a separate t.v., dvd player, ps2, and vcr or rear camera. search the clk forum for "command" as i seem to remember someone who had a clk got the command to work.

btw, i almost bought the kvt911, but it is not fully moterized. for a unit that costs $1600+, it should definalty be fully moterized. also, although the idea of a touchscreen is nice, they get so dirty and ALWAYS have fingerprints all over it, which gets really annoying. plus the tv reception really sucks. the only thing i really like about that unit is the picture quality, which really is sweet.

post some pics when you finish your setup, id like to see it
Old 08-25-2002 | 07:58 PM

300E
Smile

Thank you E_Corleone for your reply. I was thinking about the finger print too on the KVT 911. You mean that the COMMAND can be convert to TV??? do you know where to install that?

I can't find any post about command change on clk forum, i'll try looking at S-class forum and others. Thank you again and I will sure post my pic after I install it.
Old 08-26-2002 | 02:39 AM

Why would you want to install a KVT-911DVD when you have command? Wouldn´t it be better to install just a DVD player without monitor and use the command screen? And yes it is possible to use the command as TV too. TV for command is an option from Mercedes but I think there are some aftermarket versions too.
Old 08-26-2002 | 05:43 PM

300E
Freddy,

I was thinking to get bigger screen with kenwood. but it seems impossible. I will use my COMMAND as a TV, but I don't know who can do it for me in San Francisco. Will I lose the steering wheel control by adding DVD player?? Thank you . I appreciate it.