C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

new pricing database

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2006 | 07:06 PM

new pricing database

I recently started a public database project on new car prices, and I thought members here might find it useful (and happily Mr Vanos didn’t seem to mind a post.) It’s called wikiworth, and it’s a free database that lets drivers anonymously share what they paid for their vehicles, as well as dealer quotes they received. It’s designed to help answer the ‘what’s a good price for this car’ question, and to help negotiate better. It’s sort of along the lines of wikipedia, but for new car prices.

The site is all free and anonymous, and the info is searchable by make and model. It also allows drivers to rate the deals in the database on a scale of 1-10, so users can understand what are good prices on specific models. The site is not a forum and has no message board features – MBWorld is already a great place for pricing discussions, and we hope the info on wikiworth can help feed some of them.

Yours is one of the first groups to know about the database, and since it’s in pre-beta, there’s not a lot of data in it yet. I’d like to ask anyone who is interested to take a look, and if you’d like, to anonymously add your own new car info. I’m still tweaking the site and adding new features, so I’d also be interested to hear any thoughts you might have.
The site is at www.wikiworth.com.
Thanks
Drew
Old 09-14-2006 | 03:49 PM

Thanks to those of you who have added your cars to the database – there have been a bunch of new car prices added in the last few weeks. If you're interested, check out the site (it lists actual prices people have been paying for new cars), and feel free to help rate the deals in the database. The site is at www.wikiworth.com