C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Tein Coilovers Or H&r Coilovers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by Sanny
hey aldrex, with ur tein basics, do u have them on the lowest ride height possible? thanks! sanny
I don't have basics. I have Super Street's (a great thing about being the guinea pig).

I don't have them set to the lowest ride height.
Old 08-08-2006, 02:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 Granite Grey c230
To anyone with Basics or SS:

Do you ride it at the lowest setting? If so, do you have a lot of problems (scraping wheel well)?

If not, do you do so beucase it is too low?

thanks! sanny
Old 08-08-2006, 05:29 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
I have my SS on the lowest setting. rubbing issue depends on the rims and tires.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:36 AM

06 Granite Grey c230
hi guys just wanted to update you i got the basics on and i have a new found love for my car! i wish i didnt go so long without them.

at the install place (who i dont really recommend) i told the installer to just go all the way to the lowest setting since i really wanted to feel that my car was slammed i mean im paying all this money why not see what lowering really is.

so its on the lowest setting and it looks sweet. the tires look tucked in on the front and back in certain angles, but it still doesnt rub or scrape on anything!

i mean id like to go lower witht he h and rs' but i really cant see it going any lower it seems so low!

so i am happy i went with this route since the h and r's were ebay and i might not have got them for that price, might have been a problem with them etc etc.

thank you again everyone for all your advice. i will post a picture of my car in my signature right now so everyone can see what it looks like.

thanks!

sanny
Old 08-15-2006, 11:50 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
hi guys just wanted to update you i got the basics on and i have a new found love for my car! i wish i didnt go so long without them.

at the install place (who i dont really recommend) i told the installer to just go all the way to the lowest setting since i really wanted to feel that my car was slammed i mean im paying all this money why not see what lowering really is.

so its on the lowest setting and it looks sweet. the tires look tucked in on the front and back in certain angles, but it still doesnt rub or scrape on anything!

i mean id like to go lower witht he h and rs' but i really cant see it going any lower it seems so low!

so i am happy i went with this route since the h and r's were ebay and i might not have got them for that price, might have been a problem with them etc etc.

thank you again everyone for all your advice. i will post a picture of my car in my signature right now so everyone can see what it looks like.

thanks!

sanny
sanny,

Good choice. Reason a lot of people like the TEIN's is because it's the best bang-for-the-buck suspension setup. Honestly, I loved the reputation the TEIN had with JDM cars, but had no clue how good they would be with Euro cars. I was somewhat skeptical during R&D, but the end result has been great! Now, if I hadn't done the R&D to help move the product to production faster, I probably would've purchased the Bilstein's or the KWV-2's. That being said, I'm glad I was able to help in the process.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:26 PM

06 Granite Grey c230
Originally Posted by drexappeal
sanny,

Good choice. Reason a lot of people like the TEIN's is because it's the best bang-for-the-buck suspension setup. Honestly, I loved the reputation the TEIN had with JDM cars, but had no clue how good they would be with Euro cars. I was somewhat skeptical during R&D, but the end result has been great! Now, if I hadn't done the R&D to help move the product to production faster, I probably would've purchased the Bilstein's or the KWV-2's. That being said, I'm glad I was able to help in the process.
acutally the install shops were like go with h and r they know german cars. but i agree tein is good with this car for sure!
i think from now on any future car i will loook into coil overs just for the simple fact of adjustability. thanks again drexappeal!
Old 08-15-2006, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

acutally the install shops were like go with h and r they know german cars. but i agree tein is good with this car for sure!
i think from now on any future car i will loook into coil overs just for the simple fact of adjustability. thanks again drexappeal!
Yeah, it makes sense that the install shop would recommend going with a company that is familiar with German cars. Generally speaking, that is good advice, however, nowadays car manufacturers are consulting a lot on production and creating better vehicles. H&R is over-priced IMO. For the price of the non-ride height adjustable H&R's (brand new), you could get a set of Super Street (fully adjustable), Bilstein PSS-9 (fully adjustable) or possibly the KW v2's (fully adjustable). At that point, H&R really doesn't have pull over Bilstein (imo) as far as companies being familiar with German cars.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1996 MB E320 & 2010 Nissan Elgrand

thanks!

sanny
Wow you car looks really2 low! I think your car is going to be even lower once the springs and shocks all breaking in.

Actually,I just installed my Tein Basics as well today and the ride is stiffff (19' wheels on my car)for my taste.Also,my rears are already at the lowest setting and it is nothing like yours , but yeah, I prefer not slamming my car.So, all good for me!

I will post some pics soon!
Old 08-15-2006, 11:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 C32 ///AMG
hey drex, is your car the one on TEIN's website?
Old 08-16-2006, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by rlee02135
hey drex, is your car the one on TEIN's website?
Yup. the 230 displayed on the website is my car (pre-MH Dezent roof spoiler and front grille and flat badge and OZ's). All I had at that point were the Carlsson style trunk spoiler and the Lorinser-style roof spoiler (which I sold already), along with Brabus swaybars (only rear installed at that time).
Old 08-17-2006, 08:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW 135i
I hear pss9 Bilstien coilovers are the best.

thats what im going for