C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

PowerChip User / Altered ECU owners... Speed Limiter?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 05:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Double Stuff" SOLD | Nor*Cals "Pesky Audi"
PowerChip User / Altered ECU owners... Speed Limiter?

So I've read much about the speed limiter on the w203, kicks in about 130-132mph. Read about variant reasons from factory about why it kicks in [tire ratings, safety, etc.].

Now I know that its triggered electronically, so with that in mind, when the ECU gets reprogrammed from either, say, PowerChip, or a other performance company, does this remove/raise the speed limiter?

I've searched the forums and such, but nothing giving cold hard facts about it. So I'm asking those who either have the knowledge of it or do infact had the PowerChip ECU program running to see if there is a difference in how fast you can travel.

Please Note: I know all about driving safe and endangerment on the road, so please don't reply with "you shouldn't be driving that fast", "its unsafe", etc. I'm just asking a question. Not for peoples opinon's on how one is to drive. We all have our led foot moments or time where we just 'give it a lil gas'
Old 08-07-2006, 05:06 PM

Jeepney
I've been told that when you get powerchip or any other ECU, that the rev limiter is completely removed, and that the max speed limiter is removed.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C55 ///AMG, 535xi
Originally Posted by Blazinpin0i
I've been told that when you get powerchip or any other ECU, that the rev limiter is completely removed, and that the max speed limiter is removed.

hmm, I want to remove the rev limiter too.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Blimp
I Hate The Rev Limiter!
Old 08-08-2006, 02:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Stage 2 C7 A6, QX60
i don't know about MB, but for bimmers, it does remove the top limit and high rev
Old 08-10-2006, 08:08 PM

2004 CL55 AMG
Originally Posted by BadAssC230k
So I've read much about the speed limiter on the w203, kicks in about 130-132mph. Read about variant reasons from factory about why it kicks in [tire ratings, safety, etc.].

Now I know that its triggered electronically, so with that in mind, when the ECU gets reprogrammed from either, say, PowerChip, or a other performance company, does this remove/raise the speed limiter?

I've searched the forums and such, but nothing giving cold hard facts about it. So I'm asking those who either have the knowledge of it or do infact had the PowerChip ECU program running to see if there is a difference in how fast you can travel.

Please Note: I know all about driving safe and endangerment on the road, so please don't reply with "you shouldn't be driving that fast", "its unsafe", etc. I'm just asking a question. Not for peoples opinon's on how one is to drive. We all have our led foot moments or time where we just 'give it a lil gas'
Powerchip can remove the spped limiter from your beast. However they will not remove the rev limit for two reason: liability issues and your the overall safety of the engine. Give them a call at 310-235-1122, and ask for Matt or Travis. They are great guys and and give you a lot of usefull info.