C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

steering system C55/C230

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 10:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face steering system C55/C230

Hi everybody,
I am new on this forum and this is my first new Mercedes. It’s 2006-C230. I have it for 5 months now and I already have some doubts.
Steering problem is the first one. The car is puling to the right. The dealership tried to adjust it tree times unsuccessfully. There is an improvement but it’s still lightly puling right. Do any of you have similar experience? I read somewhere this is ongoing problem with C230. Furthermore, I am disappointed and I’m seriously considering trading in this car and getting me a new C55. Now my question is am I facing the same risk, other words, is the steering system on C55 same as on C230? Are there any C55 owners experiencing the steering problem?
My second question is related to the luck of power. Even thou 2006 C230 has few more “horses” than the older C230-Compresor (201 against 198), feels like it’s much slower. Every time I have to accelerate, I have to press the pedal deep so it can downshift and even than feels like it downshifted to low and the engine is just raving with no real acceleration. Somehow I feel like the computer that controls the transmition needs remaping. Has anyone done that?
Overall C230 is a beautiful ride (with correction of this “little” things) and I don’t wont to end up paying over $20k for C55. I understand C55 is MUCH stronger and faster but on the other hand my C230 is too slow and lazy.
Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by makedon; 08-16-2006 at 10:33 AM.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03' E39 M5, 10' CLS63 AMG
Welcome to the Mercedes family and to this form…. (Hope you love your car just as much as myself and others on this form)
The 01’ – 03’ C-Coupe have the on going problem of pulling to the right, however this is not a alignment problem because if it was an alignment problem the car would be eating away at the inside or outside tire wall, if your car is not doing that all the dealer ship will tell you is that its normal.
I have not seen this problem in the C-Sedan when I first got my car it was pulling to the right a bit that was just because my dealership did not adjust the tire pressure to the car recommendations, try that it might just work and if it doesn’t work then keep going back to the dealer because after sometime they will change the right sway bar and that just might fix the problem I have had that replaced in my friends car and did fix the problem.
There is a lot of Modification that you can do to your Benz if you are not interested in spending the extra money in a new car, (let alone the fact that a C55 is an amazing car). Anything from the performance to looks you can easily do, and a lot of the people on this form and other forms can help you make your car unique and really fast, it all varies on what you want too do and how much you are willing to spend. If you have a heavy foot and just want an unreal crazy fast car and have the extra money for the car and the gas, then all a side C55 is what you want/need however if you are an occasional speeder then you can make the modes to your car to give you the same feeling. It all varies on what you want your car to do.