C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

help... interior door handle broken

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2006 | 06:39 PM

'02 c230k coupe
Exclamation help... interior door handle broken

interior door handle got loose and it can't be open from the inside.

I already search the C-class section and the only door handles i can find are the exterior door handles. I am not sure if i need to take the whole door panel to fix it or if there's a quick way to go straight to the handle. Ty
Old 08-25-2006 | 07:18 PM

'04 Mars Red C230K Sport Coupe (not Coup-EH)
It shouldn't be too bad. If the door handle is just flapping loose open and closed without resistance, more than likely the hook that connects the steel cable to the door handle came off. All you have to do is remove the panel. There are better instructions on how to do this, but basically there are three torx screws: one behind the SRS badge, one on the plastic cover where the door latches closed (that you can see only when you open the door), and underneath a circular black pop-off cover under the armrest on the door. Once those are off you just need to pull out starting on the bottom of the door and the clips will just pop off. Once all the clips are popped off the bottom and the side of the door, lift up and the entire thing should come off. Oh, and pop off the tweeter cover in the front part of the door (put your fingers underneath the plastic cover and lift out). Underneath the panel you should see a wire with a hook on it: all you have to do is hook that back onto the door latch mechanism on the inside of the door panel you just removed. Again, search for better instructions and pictures, but that's most probably it.
Old 08-30-2006 | 10:16 PM

'02 c230k coupe
fixed it!!!.. thanks for the help