C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

What has been your experience taking your C class for service . . .

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2002, 08:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What has been your experience taking your C class for service . . .

. . . to a dealer that you did not actually purchase your car from? Obviously, I know every dealership is different, but I do wonder how much more effort a dealer will go to if you actually bought the car from them. I have taken my C230K in several times for very minor issues, and my local dealer has been absolutely superb. Just wondering what happens if I have to move, for example.

CP
Old 08-28-2002, 08:50 AM
DtS
MBWorld Fanatic!

C200 Kompressor
My experiences are quite oppisite! The dealer from which I bought my car sucks when it comes to servicing and repairing. I have now changed dealership and hope for better luck with this "new" one.
Old 08-28-2002, 08:55 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Well, it's all profit to them, so you should have a fine relationship with another dealer if you move. Might lose free loaners, for example, though. Each dealership has their own policy on that.

But, if you move close to Buell (won't comment on the sanity of that), I hear that there might be some good things that you can get from his dealer.
Old 08-28-2002, 08:57 AM

07' ML350
the "only franchised MB dealer" for my country "would not service my benz" unless i pay them US$880.00 service charge, excluding an hourly flatrate, coz my car is a grey import.

its not a typo......it's US880.....eight hundred eighty dollars++

note: minimum wage for my country is only: US$5.80 a day......thats five bucks and eighty cents a day!
u get the math????????????

Old 08-28-2002, 08:59 AM
DtS
MBWorld Fanatic!

C200 Kompressor
Originally posted by BruNo
the "only franchised MB dealer" for my country "would not service my benz" unless i pay them US$880.00 service charge, excluding an hourly flatrate, coz my car is a grey import.

its not a typo......it's US880.....eight hundred eighty dollars++

note: minimum wage for my country is only: US$5.80 a day......thats five bucks and eighty cents a day!
u get the math????????????

Ouch! Pretty expensive to be a MB-owner in the Philippines!
Old 08-28-2002, 09:18 AM

07' ML350
everytime i get errors on my car....................its like the MB Dealer is poking a gun at me!!!!!!! good thing, im able to fix all erros by myself...so MB here still hasnt tasted my US880. hehehehe

b4, they only charged me US 50-100bucks for my A Class, now that i have a C240, they insist the use of Star diagnosis.....and thats where they try to RIP ME OFF.

its plain blackmale.........once d car has been independently imported.....they rip you off with service charges, and they will never help you, even with recalls. thats how BAD they are. They make servicing difficult, so nexttime, ull get ur benz with them (but this will never work, as grey importers here sell more benzes than them).

I have made calls to Daimler Chrysler-singapore (regional ofc for Asia) but to no avail............TSK.

Now, im going back to Toyotas..........very helpful even for grey import Lexus(es) and Toyota(s) ......imagine, they only charge me US$5.50 for diagnosis. US$5.50 (Lexus) versus US$880.00 (Benz) ?????? Ive gotten tired of complaining regarding d dealer here...coz theyre d only dealer...and its seems MB Germany isnt paying much attention to our market coz the (market) is almost non existent compared to other countries. No wonder Mb here isnt selling anymore......bad dealer i guess........(obviouslyyyyy)
Old 08-28-2002, 09:34 AM

2001 C240 6spd
I bought my car in Tucson and work in Phoenix for part of the summer. I took my car into Schumacher MB to get Service B performed and they treated me very well. I got a first time customer gift and free loaner car.

Trending Topics

Old 08-28-2002, 11:24 AM
JeT

The thing I appreciate the most about my dealer is the fact that they treat you the same whether you drive a C-class or an SL-class.

Besides that, they have a full time chef on hand who will give you the works if you happen to be there in the morning or at lunch.
Old 08-28-2002, 12:30 PM

Angry Hey People - Seriously

You guys are joking about the Muffins, the latte, the massages, the chefs,....

Right?

This my first MB and it's only 3 week old. So I haven't been to the dealer for service. I didn't see any of the things you guys mentioned while I was there negotiating on the car. Not even a cup of bad coffee.

You guys are just being sarcastic... no?

Peace
Old 08-28-2002, 05:15 PM

2002 C230 Kompressor coupe, white
Red face

I went to Keyes European in Van Nuys, for my pano roof problem,( sometimes it didnt close, and the rear screen didnt close all the way), for my windsheild fogging, and my squeaky breaks. They were nice to me when i was there and even gave me a loaner for the day even though i was 18 at the time, (since the min age was 21 or something). They fixed the roof problem, said that there was nothing wrong with the vent below the windsheild, even though i informed them about what i learned on this forum and gave them the actual part number, and they said my breaks didnt squeak, left my car dirty, inside and out, (even though i got it washed and waxed the day before), and basically sent me on my way. i still have the oil spots to remember them by....

the customer service was great, and my pano roof works great too, but my breaks still occasionally squeak and my windsheild occasionally fogs. It was my first trip to mb, and compared to my many trips to the wonderful* Ventura Toyota, i think their service was still good,(well duh, compared to ventura toyota, n e thing is better). I guess i expected a little more from mb, but then again an sl500 guy came to get something done on the same day, maybe they gave him the prefered treatment, cuz you know, service an old rich guy better or young 'poor' oblivious looking chick better? you take the pick.

oh well at least the guy who helped me was fione as hell! lol jk.

*meant to be used in a sarcastic manner
Old 08-28-2002, 06:45 PM

I have been extremely happy with my dealer's service department. They don't have breakfast or lunch, but do have free coffee if you want it. They hand wash the car when serviced. I like the 2002 E320 loaner cars that all MB and Audi customers get. This dealership also sells Dodge and Dodge Trucks.

I always get a call a few days later to verify that I was satisfied. If you mention any problems you are immediately transferred to your service advisor for prompt resolution.
Old 08-28-2002, 07:21 PM

2002 C230 Kompressor
I got my car from Keyes in Van Nuys as well. I only have 1 service experience w/ Keyes, but when compared to my last service visit to MB in Downtown LA, I'd have to say MB Downtown is alot better! The only thing that was cool w/ Keyes was that the actually had a driver pick up my car from where I live, and drop off a loaner....as well as bring my car back to my work place the next day. However, they didn't bother to wash the car at all and left my gas tank close to empty (since Van Nuys is about 20 miles away from where I live/work). MB Downtown, however left my car spotless w/ a nice clean wash and treated me as if I had bought the car from them.
Old 08-28-2002, 08:20 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
i sended my car to H.O.I in Buena Park (bought my car there). i sended my C32 there this Tuesday morning and supposed to get it back tuesday afternoon. Guess what, the service guy called and told me that the parts is still not here yet and the car won't be ready till tomorrow. I'm not too angry because at least he called and explained. So, i'll have to drive the C320 Wagon loaner till then.