C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Did Any Onez Car Get Keyed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 02:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 E55 and 2002 E320
Originally Posted by IsaacRN
Instead of buying a guard dog, you could always get the option of a Trunk Monkey. They are all the new rage and will definately help where extra muscle is needed.
Oh, those commercials are funny!

For those who don't know what the trunk monkey is. Google Suburban Auto Group Trunk Monkey.

If it's a place that I go to daily, this is what I'd do, I'd try to donate one of those maritime shipping containers to the place, put it in the parking lot
and park my car in there every single day.
Old 09-08-2006, 04:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cclass05
Originally Posted by patrick_y
I really don't think that idea will work. Say someone totally random keyed your car, how will you recognize him/her even with his face on film?

I don't think that idea will work at all. I think your safest bet is to tie a trained guard dog to your car (literally). I'm sure you can obtain a dog trained specifically to guard a car. However, this might not be economically efficient since a trained guard dog usually costs as much as a small car (approximately $14k).
oh yeah if its a totally random person cameras wont work then i guess damn i am stupid but i guess if i have him on camera i will hate that person at least i know who did it and i will just hate that person on the camera LoL

I rather buy two c230 one in my house and one for outside my house if i am goin to spend 14k
Old 09-08-2006, 05:06 PM

cclass05
Originally Posted by b3d_sage
hmm, somehow I suspect throwing a beer can out of a car is NEVER a good idea...
One night at like 12:30 i was drivin on the free way on the fast lane with 80mph and this Pick Up Truck passes me with 95mph gets in front of me trows beer cans and they hit my hood and my window i was so pissed i tried to catch up to them and trow something at them. But they were scared i was going to do something so it turned into high speed chase over 110mph and the people that were in my car started trippin out n sh*t so i was like f**k It i was going to follow them but then i was like nah cuz i had to get off at the exit sooo
Old 09-08-2006, 08:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230K Coupe/Orion/C4/C5/CD/AMG Spoiler/V60/TeleAid, 2 MGB's
That is by far the most racist, short sighted and ignorant comment I've ever read on this forum. Don't wait for a moderator to do it. Ban yourself, benzmann1....if not for your outright bigotry, then for the stupidity with which you just branded yourself.
Old 09-09-2006, 08:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Honda Grom
The topic at hand was about cars getting keyed but I can't be sure because the original poster had such horrible grammar that I went comatose after the 2nd line. Your comment however showed your moronic state of mind and further leads me to believe that you are a teenager. Troll elsewhere if this is your mentality.
Old 09-09-2006, 11:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 E55 and 2002 E320
Originally Posted by electromethod
The topic at hand was about cars getting keyed but I can't be sure because the original poster had such horrible grammar that I went comatose after the 2nd line. Your comment however showed your moronic state of mind and further leads me to believe that you are a teenager. Troll elsewhere if this is your mentality.
I agree, I can't stand the "slang" typing. But I bet that's how they "all do it in the hood".

How do I put this lightly... These cars are perhaps too accessible? Anyone can get one nowadays. Over half of the Mercedes-Benz vehicles sold are leased/heavily financed. I don't believe there are that many people who can write it off in their taxes...

I know that Jaguar manufactures lesser vehicles, however, the average Jaguar client is in theory a person with better upbringing and higher education than a Mercedes-Benz driver. In retrospect, I feel that I've been promoted, when in reality, the Mercedes-Benz brand image has been demoted.
Old 09-10-2006, 02:13 AM

2001 C320 (purple), 2002 BMW 540i
In retrospect, I feel that I've been promoted, when in reality, the Mercedes-Benz brand image has been demoted.
Sad, but true.

It amazes me how many... "crude" people we get even on these forums from time to time.
Old 09-10-2006, 01:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Honda Grom
Don't get all snobby now guys........ there are trolls and morons on EVERY forum...
There are plenty of people who overextend themselves and pick this brand because of "recognition" or "attention." Same people who buy C230's and rebadge them.... lol........ I haven't had ANY of my cars intentionally keyed to the extent he did. Reality is that maybe he brought a lot of attention to himself or lives in a neighborhood that any newer car sticks out like a sore thumb.
Old 09-10-2006, 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
04 S430 (sold),05 X5 4.4i, 02 325i, 87 560SL, 85 Alfa Romeo
I agree, I can't stand the "slang" typing. But I bet that's how they "all do it in the hood".

How do I put this lightly... These cars are perhaps too accessible? Anyone can get one nowadays. Over half of the Mercedes-Benz vehicles sold are leased/heavily financed. I don't believe there are that many people who can write it off in their taxes...

I know that Jaguar manufactures lesser vehicles, however, the average Jaguar client is in theory a person with better upbringing and higher education than a Mercedes-Benz driver. In retrospect, I feel that I've been promoted, when in reality, the Mercedes-Benz brand image has been demoted.
Patrick your comment about "people in the hood" was not necessary and kind of uncool. Now you sound just like that other guy... you know, the one who got deleted??

Anyway, not busting your chops, but it's just not good to generalize.

FYI all people "from the hood" aren't broke, or buy expensive cars they can't afford, or type OR talk "slang". I'm sure if you get past the snobby faskmasks of your "hood" you will find many people trying to maintain a certain "lifestlye" that is beyond their means as well. And thanks to the mass marketing of the "ghetto mentality", there are more suburban folks talking "slang", and looking like they are from "the hood" than ever. So, enough of that.

You know, in fact there just as many leased cars that are "low end" than there are hight end? We are all consumers. Some more well off financially than others, but at the end of the day, we are all the same in that we buy or lease whatever it is they sell. They, being the retail sector, the banks, the finance companies, insurers, etc....

So, in closing, Yes MB cars have gotten a lot more accessible to a lot of folks who would have never thought of owning one before, but the truth of the matter is, So has everything else. A short tour of where you live should tell you that..Look at the types of homes people are buying on meager incomes? It's mind boggling.

If you want your prestige back, you have to shell out 300K for a Bently or something of that nature. Because competition and the economic survival of a lot of corporations in this country has caused market strategies to change so drastically, that it is swiftly closing the gap between what those that have and those that have not can aquire...... So you, as we all, should be thankful for what you have, and not worry so much about the aquisitions of "lesser" people.

Just my .02

Last edited by my06clk; 09-10-2006 at 04:20 PM.
Old 09-10-2006, 06:12 PM

2001 C320 (purple), 2002 BMW 540i
Originally Posted by my06clk
If you want your prestige back, you have to shell out 300K for a Bently or something of that nature.
Exactly why I'm buying a (used) Bentley when I graduate. Probably just a CGT but maybe I'll go for a classy Arnage Red Label. At that level, it doesn't matter if someone is faster than you are- you're in a ****ing Arnage.