C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

newbie question inside

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2002, 01:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question newbie question inside

I finally got a '02 C230 in Silver with Charcoal Int. with C5, C7, CD-changer, and auto. Now I plan to add some mods to it but I had to make sure of things before I screwed something up.

It's a leased car but there is a good chance I might end up buying it at the end of the lease term. Plus my dealer said that if i do return the car, I just need to pull everything out and as long as the car is not damaged, it should be fine; he even suggested where to get my mods done.

Anyways I want to start with adding a dvd based navigation to the car particularily this one:
Pioneer Nav This navigation system was really an after thought and I would have gotten Command if I wanted it earlier. Now the question is that due to the fiber optics, will adding the Pioneer Nav system screw up the cd changer or speakers? And will adding this system make my stereo sound better? (i do not really care for the steering wheel control loss) And any other comments would help. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-30-2002, 01:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The MB-Alpine cd-changer in your car will not work with the Pioneer headunit. If you try to connect the Bose speakers to the Pioneer, you will have problems with mismatched impedances. It might be possible to connect the Pioneer to the Bose amp using line level converters. Try doing a search in th audio forum.
Old 08-30-2002, 01:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply Lynn. I will do the search for the line level converters. I saw a similar pioneer navigation system installed at the dealer on a '02 E-class and i was hoping that I could add it to my car but I guess not I guess I should just use the money to get HIDs. I hope I don't get too many problems there...but still any comments about how to go about the pioneer install are appreciated. thanks