C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

New dealer sneaks into town!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2002, 11:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New dealer sneaks into town!

I had an appointment to take my 230 in for the first service, at the dealer in Goldens Bridge, NY, which is about 20 miles away. My father-in-law told me yesterday they opened a new delareship in Danbury, CT, about 2 miles down the road from my office. "NO WAY" was my comment- how could they be in town without me noticing. I drove past to look, and sure enough, right at the end of auto row, a new MB dealer. I went in, and indeed they were open. Got me in today for service, gave me a ride to my office & will pick me up later. They have been there for about a month, with a "soft opening" and havent begun advertising yet.

My one regret about MB, and reason for not buying one sooner, was the absence of a really local dealer, since the one closed about 10 years ago. I'll update with a report on service experience. In addition, this should help competition in this area since there are now 7 dealerships within an hour drive.
Old 08-30-2002, 11:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 VW GTI
I wish a new stealer would sneak into my town. The closest one to home or office is roughly an hour in rush-hour traffic. And I don't exactly live nor work in the "boonies".

If the oil change wasn't free, I'd be doing it in my garage to save the hassle of making (and keeping) appointments. My coupe's Service "A" was the first time in my life I'd had someone else change my oil. Seems crazy to drive 50 miles for a 5 minute job....
Old 08-30-2002, 12:10 PM

2002 C320 Sport Wagon
Yes! They opened about 3 weeks after I took delivery of my C320 and I was surprised to see the STAR as I drove up the road. They are still setting up, so I guess they will have a Grand Opening when all is done. For me, unless they have Saturday service with a loaner, though, I will stick with the NYC dealership.