C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

"The C-Class Forum" Bashing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 05:16 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
'04 Mars Red C230K Sport Coupe (not Coup-EH)
Originally Posted by patrick_y
I agree with the other forum members who bash on the W203 forum, these other forum members are usually quite accurate with their accusations. Many of the forum goers here on the W203 forums are setting a (bad) stereotype of W203 owners in general.

This is to be expected from people who would choose to acquire a Mercedes. It's apparent that many people on this forum boast the reason why they acquired their C Class simply because of the fact that it was a Mercedes. While I understand that the Mercedes brand name is coveted by some, I personally think it is bizarre that one would acquire a product simply because of the brand name. However, I still afford some respect to these people for their honesty.

The reason why I acquired a Mercedes-Benz vehicle is because it is supposed to be a safe car (both in active and passive safety), I'm familiar with the service requirements, and it's supposed to be a reliable car (albeit it does seem to have quite a few small electronic glitches).

Also, notice what market MBUSA is trying to cater to with the Mercedes-Benz C Class, and it's sometimes a pity for a long-term Mercedes-Benz client to see this, but they're trying to cater to the people who really can't afford this car (especially the maintenance). If you look at their advertising schemes, attractive lease rates, etc. You'll know what I mean.

For example, if you look at the BMW 3 series and the Mercedes C Class, over half of them are leased. Leasing stereotypically means a few things; 1, the person is not going to care about the wear and tear on the car (since they'll be changing cars in about three years anyways) so s/he will drive aggressively thus endangering others on the road; 2, leasing for this type of car usually attracts the first time "brand name" car buyer who is usually someone who wants a "brand name" car but can't afford one (nobody buys a 3 series or C Class as a car to be written off as a corporate expense, they would buy larger cars for such a purpose); and 3, the people who would buy such a vehicle (3 series or C-Class) can be very young, their tastes unrefined, brought up in deprived families and perhaps recently got a job and want to treat themselves to something substantial so they overly splurge on and also highly impressionable (a whole host of possibilities).

Look at the Mercedes-Benz C-Class and BMW 3 series this way. Undoubtedly, it's a good car. It's just the people who drive it often leaves something to be desired.

Here's an excuse for some of the people who drive a Mercedes-Benz vehicle but probably don't belong in one. This is one of many excuses and this focuses on a narrow group, of many different groups. With "Rap Culture" and the efforts shown by the inhabitants of urban ghettos trying to impress the Joneses next door by showing off a little "bling bling". Many of said inhabitants would find it an entertaining venue to acquire a Mercedes-Benz vehicle, possibly pre-owned or leased, put gigantic wheels on the said vehicle and try to be "pimp". This is especially true among the "Rap Culture" of which its active players love attention. They want your attention when they're blaring loud rap music through their stereo systems that you can still hear and feel the bass several blocks away, they want your attention by having such large chromed wheels to catch your eyes, they want your attention to supplement the lack of attention they received when they were younger. The rap culture also has an emphasis on the following traits; "tough", you gotta be a tough MF (the swear word) to keep your dough and to be able to collect from others who owe you said dough; "dog", notice the word dog is very popular among the hip-hop rap culture featured prominently especially in the music industry, one has to be a pimp dog and sleep with many women (possibly also contracting and transmitting vanarial diseases); and also "DUB", in order to attract these beautiful but superficial women for their one night stands, the "dog" must have a nice vehicle with catchy looking wheels to attract the women. Undoubtedly, many C-Class owners meet the criteria for following the "rap culture" stated above.

Another prime example that is parallel with the W203 demise is Louis Vuitton. The instant you read "Louis Vuitton" you are thinking "handbags". This is putting it lightly, but if you were thinking "handbags" then you are probably a person who is very superficial like many other people on this forum who bought a Mercedes-Benz vehicle for superficial reasons. And for your information, when I think of Louis Vuitton, I don't think of "handbags" and I don't personally associate with anyone who does (I might superficially associate with them, but not on a personal level). This is the sad story of how one of the most prominent design houses of Paris got trashed around the world because of rapid expansion to a neavou riche clientele along with poor brand management.

I could go on, but then I'd eventually have to get into demographics and that gets a bit racial.

This forum has extremely good and reasonable moderators and a handful very helpful and insightful members (to which I am extremely appreciative of) to which is the reason why I continue to participate on this forum. However, because the Mercedes-Benz vehicle (not only the C-Class but the entire model range) is no longer exclusive and widely accessible, you get a huge amount of clientele who buy these cars for superficial reasons. When this happens, you will get stereotypes about the type of people who drive them. Needless to say, most stereotypes are bad ones and are exaggerations, but they usually do have a grain of truth which can be exhibited here on this forum.

But! If you read the previous paragraph carefully, you’ll notice that I also mention that the C-Class is not unique to this problem. There are quite a few S-Class drivers who I would say is not any better than some of the “bottom of the bucket” members on the W203 forums.

Do what you can. Don’t drive like a maniac on the road in your car, especially if you drive a Mercedes-Benz vehicle. Behave like a well-educated person both here on this forum and make sure you allow the grandma driver to go first when you two meet at a stop sign. Be a decent person and perhaps we can eliminate this W203 stereotype that hangs above us like a bad stigma.

Lastly, this post is not intended to insult anyone at all. However, if you interpret it as such, that's your perogative, but I have already stated no hard feelings to anyone on this forum whatsoever.
Wow. A few quick things:

1. "Don't 'belong' in a Mercedes?" What kind of elitist BS is this? You like a car? Get it. You don't like the reasons others bought a car? Woopdee do. You think you can possibly judge the justifications of others? Can we all say, "thinks to much of himself?"

2. "This post is not intended to insult anyone at all?" BS #2. You clearly don't like the "Rap Culture," as you call it. You openly insult it here, and everyone who follows the lifestyle. I don't like it either. But I can accept it as a valid lifestyle. This is also known coloquially as "covering your butt."

3. When you say Louis Vuitton, I do think of handbags. Why? I have no f'ing idea. I'm not a woman, and I don't shop at brand name stores either. That's the association I make due to some reference in pop culture, probably. Where do you get off making generalized statements like this?

I had better stop now before I say something really unkind. Your butt is reported, and not a moment too soon.
Old 09-29-2006, 06:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230K Coupe/Orion/C4/C5/CD/AMG Spoiler/V60/TeleAid, 2 MGB's
I've seen a lot of changes in this forum since it evolved. From the current candor of it, the subjects tend to get repetitive as more owners from younger age groups are seeking immediate gratification rather than researching their questions.

But the ridicule comes from an apparent misuse of the English language. Cultural and language barriers aside, I see no reason for run-on sentences, lack of punctuation and capitalization to separate thoughts, or in the worst cases - ebonics.

I think the point of the original message is that people view "you" as you present yourself in your posts. At that level, if you type like a baggy pants wearing kid with no concept of proper communication, you'll be viewed as such and treated that way by others.

Respect is earned, and like honor, it is hard to recover. Preserve both.

Last edited by Rick; 09-29-2006 at 04:46 PM.
Old 09-29-2006, 07:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
R129, XF Sportbrake, SC400
Thanks for contributing to my thread guys, i just wanted to make sure i was not the only one who felt this way. I'm tired of seeing "go back to the C Class forum" or "he must be from the C Class forum". Those weren't said to me but to some others that don't even own a C class. It was just because of the way their post was formulated.
Old 09-29-2006, 08:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 168 Likes on 139 Posts
me: 2015 SL400 & 2015 ML400; wife: 2022 GLC Coupe kid: 2017 GLC SUV
Another prime example that is parallel with the W203 demise is Louis Vuitton. The instant you read "Louis Vuitton" you are thinking "handbags". This is putting it lightly, but if you were thinking "handbags" then you are probably a person who is very superficial like many other people on this forum who bought a Mercedes-Benz vehicle for superficial reasons. And for your information, when I think of Louis Vuitton, I don't think of "handbags" and I don't personally associate with anyone who does (I might superficially associate with them, but not on a personal level). This is the sad story of how one of the most prominent design houses of Paris got trashed around the world because of rapid expansion to a neavou riche clientele along with poor brand management.
What else would one think of? Steamer trunks?
Old 09-29-2006, 08:43 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by emrliquidlife
I agree with Buell on this. I go to cough-cough MBKlasse for Tech now.
x2

This forum for some strange reason brings in a lot of the type of people that aren't interested in talking about the technical aspects of a car. They prefer to talk about white bulbs, rims, and warranty repairs.

This forum is dead cause the aftermarket is small and there's not many members that are mechanically or technically inclined to pursue custom parts. That makes topics dry and repetitive.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
J_Cred, I think you are being a bit sensitive.
Old 09-29-2006, 11:24 AM

2001 C320 (purple), 2002 BMW 540i
Originally Posted by jedcred
Wow. A few quick things:

1. "Don't 'belong' in a Mercedes?" What kind of elitist BS is this? You like a car? Get it. You don't like the reasons others bought a car? Woopdee do. You think you can possibly judge the justifications of others? Can we all say, "thinks to much of himself?"

2. "This post is not intended to insult anyone at all?" BS #2. You clearly don't like the "Rap Culture," as you call it. You openly insult it here, and everyone who follows the lifestyle. I don't like it either. But I can accept it as a valid lifestyle. This is also known coloquially as "covering your butt."

3. When you say Louis Vuitton, I do think of handbags. Why? I have no f'ing idea. I'm not a woman, and I don't shop at brand name stores either. That's the association I make due to some reference in pop culture, probably. Where do you get off making generalized statements like this?

I had better stop now before I say something really unkind. Your butt is reported, and not a moment too soon.
Seconded.
Old 09-29-2006, 11:39 AM

Dia Blk '06 C230 w/3 pedals
This guy can't be serious. Let me pull up a few of his outrageous statements

Leasing stereotypically means a few things; 1, the person is not going to care about the wear and tear on the car (since they'll be changing cars in about three years anyways) so s/he will drive aggressively thus endangering others on the road;
In all my years I have never heard anyone make this allegation.

2, leasing for this type of car usually attracts the first time "brand name" car buyer who is usually someone who wants a "brand name" car but can't afford one (nobody buys a 3 series or C Class as a car to be written off as a corporate expense, they would buy larger cars for such a purpose);
Partly true. many people lease cars because they cannot afford to (or choose not to) purchase them outright. But then again with the average price of cars around $20,000 leasing looks better and better to some. And since the price overlap between 3 series and 5 series as well as the C class and the E class is significant, the difference in lease prices is not very high. Kinda blows a hole in your theory.

and 3, the people who would buy such a vehicle (3 series or C-Class) can be very young, their tastes unrefined, brought up in deprived families and perhaps recently got a job and want to treat themselves to something substantial so they overly splurge on and also highly impressionable (a whole host of possibilities).
You have officially stepped off the deep end. Traditionally 3 series owners were driving enthusiasts. Before the "Bangleization" of the marque over half of all 3 series sold were manuals. And the C class (especially the sport models) were created to tap into that demographic. I don't where you are getting your data about deprived families or unrefined tastes. Some people prefer smaller agile cars.

Also, notice what market MBUSA is trying to cater to with the Mercedes-Benz C Class, and it's sometimes a pity for a long-term Mercedes-Benz client to see this, but they're trying to cater to the people who really can't afford this car (especially the maintenance). If you look at their advertising schemes, attractive lease rates, etc. You'll know what I mean.
MB is a car company. Their goal is to move as many cars as possible. You are making no sense whatsoever

Here's an excuse for some of the people who drive a Mercedes-Benz vehicle but probably don't belong in one.
If you can afford a vehicle and choose to purchase it, you belong in it.

This is one of many excuses and this focuses on a narrow group, of many different groups. With "Rap Culture" and the efforts shown by the inhabitants of urban ghettos trying to impress the Joneses next door by showing off a little "bling bling". Many of said inhabitants would find it an entertaining venue to acquire a Mercedes-Benz vehicle, possibly pre-owned or leased, put gigantic wheels on the said vehicle and try to be "pimp". This is especially true among the "Rap Culture" of which its active players love attention. They want your attention when they're blaring loud rap music through their stereo systems that you can still hear and feel the bass several blocks away, they want your attention by having such large chromed wheels to catch your eyes, they want your attention to supplement the lack of attention they received when they were younger. The rap culture also has an emphasis on the following traits; "tough", you gotta be a tough MF (the swear word) to keep your dough and to be able to collect from others who owe you said dough; "dog", notice the word dog is very popular among the hip-hop rap culture featured prominently especially in the music industry, one has to be a pimp dog and sleep with many women (possibly also contracting and transmitting vanarial diseases); and also "DUB", in order to attract these beautiful but superficial women for their one night stands, the "dog" must have a nice vehicle with catchy looking wheels to attract the women. Undoubtedly, many C-Class owners meet the criteria for following the "rap culture" stated above.
What are you blathering about? What is "rap culture"? You act as if rap music is some kind of alternative fringe music whose adherents exists outside of societal norms. Guess what buddy? It has been mainstream music for years now. Big Bird raps on Sesame Street for Christ's sake. And the average purchaser of rap cds are 15 year old white males.

Saab makes military aircraft but the general population associates them with cars. Same with Louis Vuitton: handbags are what people associate them with and is their cash cow.

I could go on, but then I'd eventually have to get into demographics and that gets a bit racial.
You've aleady tried to get racial so why hold back now? Perhaps MB should establish quotas on the number of cars the n!ggers, the sp!cs and the ch!nks can buy so that good old boys such as yourself can again feel good about owning and driving a vehicle designed by the 'master race'

This forum has extremely good and reasonable moderators and a handful very helpful and insightful members (to which I am extremely appreciative of) to which is the reason why I continue to participate on this forum. However, because the Mercedes-Benz vehicle (not only the C-Class but the entire model range) is no longer exclusive and widely accessible, you get a huge amount of clientele who buy these cars for superficial reasons. When this happens, you will get stereotypes about the type of people who drive them. Needless to say, most stereotypes are bad ones and are exaggerations, but they usually do have a grain of truth which can be exhibited here on this forum.
Most people buy cars for superficial reasons. Some buy cars because they are cute. Some buy them to pick up women. Some buy them becuase they feel it can somehow imbue them with a certain level of sophistication and class that they feel is lacking in their lives. Why should you even care? Live and let live I say

Last edited by anonymouse; 09-29-2006 at 12:41 PM.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:49 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
I'm glad people are starting to see what I've been trying to point out for a while--that patrick_y is a naive sheltered arrogant high school child that enjoys making outlandish and superfluous statements and arguments when he really has no idea how the real world works.

Furthermore, I'm surprised that he hasn't gone into talking about being "well/highly-educated", when in fact he's a high school graduate who claims he's attending a university (where after multiple attempts from me to ask which one, he's avoided and not answered my question, but has stated on other posts that he's thinking of becoming a car salesman, which leads me to believe that he's either not attending a university or merely a community college).

As his m.o., expect a lengthy clarification from him and a half-hearted "apology".
Old 09-29-2006, 12:59 PM

13 X3 28i M-Sport
Originally Posted by anonymouse
This guy can't be serious. Let me pull up a few of his outrageous statements

I agree with you 100%.
Old 09-29-2006, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 132 Posts
'17 Jaguar XF
Who cares what other people think? This is an internet forum, not a social club. You don't even need to own a Mercedes to participate. Although every time I read "break pads", some of the grammar, and poor spelling I wonder how/if some people made it through high school or will succeed it in the business world It's not limited to this forum.....just more prevalent here.
Old 09-29-2006, 03:09 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
TO EVERYBODY

This thread started out as an interesting discussion on the negative viewpoints some may have on w203 owners and/or members on this forum. I'm writing in this thread mainly to make sure that the discussion stays in line with discussing possible reasons why these "negative" viewpoints have been made. No matter what, this cannot turn into a bashing thread. If anybody chooses to participate in this thread, please maintain a dignified opinion and stay away from placing blame directly on race, culture, religion and/or sex.

In my opinion, the "negative" attitude towards w203 owners shouldn't make a difference to anybody that revers themselves with self respect, dignity and humility. Each individual has his or her own reason for approaching life as they do. It's unfortunate that society, especially in the United States, has a tendency to pull down those that are looked upon as being, "successful." This is commonly known as a "crab mentality." There are also those that believe that their "status" in society is defined by how much money they make and the possessions they have, which would give them the rite to put down others that aren't in that category. Both mentalities are not necessarily what would be considered "right" (generally speaking), however, it is a common standard. That being said, I think what's most important in this discussion is to realize that there are people that may look down upon w203 owners and there are others that may not. It's always a person's choice to decifer if that criticism necessarily applies to themself. In my case, even if there are negative comments made, I just do my best to enjoy my car because ultimately, I'm the one that has to look at it and drive in it every single day.

Let's maintain some civility and please think about what you're posting before putting it up.

Thanks.

drex
Old 09-29-2006, 03:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 E55 and 2002 E320
The real world... The real world is filled with naive individuals, I don't know why you're so surprised to meet a person who you consider "naive". Apparently you're not terribly experienced in the real world either.

Your attempts to insult me at my being dumb (dumb as in being mum) about which college I attend is a weak argument at best. You see, if I did mention the name of the university I attended, you'd probably find further ways to insult me, such as; you probably promised a donation so that's how you got in, or you must have inserted false statements in your application, what else can you think of? Furthermore, I don't think you ever fully appreciated my definition of "well educated" which isn't based on your accredited education, but more based upon your upbringing.

I sincerely hope that you become a lawyer (don't mean this in a bad way at all) since you have an art of twisting people's words and jumping to conclusions. When I mentioned car salesmen, I mentioned that my car salesman makes a tidier than what I expected income and I was saying it might not be bad to be a car salesman. If you want to come up to conclusions that this means I intend to become a car salesman, that's your perogative. I for one am not currently entertaining any pink collar career at this time.

Lastly, thanks for finally admitting that you were trying to point out that you thought I was a naive, sheltered, arrogant person. Honesty is the best policy.

I already knew that I would find more forum members who would disagree with my post rather than forum members who support it. Then again, I'm advertising this post to exactly some of the people that I was commenting on.
Old 09-29-2006, 03:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by drexappeal
TO EVERYBODY

This thread started out as an interesting discussion on the negative viewpoints some may have on w203 owners and/or members on this forum. I'm writing in this thread mainly to make sure that the discussion stays in line with discussing possible reasons why these "negative" viewpoints have been made. No matter what, this cannot turn into a bashing thread. If anybody chooses to participate in this thread, please maintain a dignified opinion and stay away from placing blame directly on race, culture, religion and/or sex.

In my opinion, the "negative" attitude towards w203 owners shouldn't make a difference to anybody that revers themselves with self respect, dignity and humility. Each individual has his or her own reason for approaching life as they do. It's unfortunate that society, especially in the United States, has a tendency to pull down those that are looked upon as being, "successful." This is commonly known as a "crab mentality." There are also those that believe that their "status" in society is defined by how much money they make and the possessions they have, which would give them the rite to put down others that aren't in that category. Both mentalities are not necessarily what would be considered "right" (generally speaking), however, it is a common standard. That being said, I think what's most important in this discussion is to realize that there are people that may look down upon w203 owners and there are others that may not. It's always a person's choice to decifer if that criticism necessarily applies to themself. In my case, even if there are negative comments made, I just do my best to enjoy my car because ultimately, I'm the one that has to look at it and drive in it every single day.

Let's maintain some civility and please think about what you're posting before putting it up.

Thanks.

drex
I was just about to say that we should try to cut back on some of the negativity so that a mod doesn't close the thread. As you said, everyone's mentality is different, and they have different opinions. Maybe instead of saying that someone's post is, say, BS, why not just say you disagree in a polite way? Then again, everyone takes things different ways, but i second Drex.

Last edited by Ryanr317; 09-29-2006 at 03:44 PM.
Old 09-29-2006, 05:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
John Deere
2nd warning guys.
Old 09-29-2006, 05:23 PM
Almost a Member!

C230K Coupe '04
1. one of you needs to get laid.
2. go take a couple shots and take it outside.
3. happy FRIDAY!

Live and let live.
Old 09-29-2006, 07:43 PM

What about those of us who DID NOT go to college or Univeristy.

(such as myself)

I know for fact my grammar and english skills are not all that impressive or something that i should brag about by any means... BUT does that mean i should not be able to drive a Mercedes? OR participate in a Mercedes Forum?

seriously people...

yes we drive a mercedes, bottom of the line mercedes yes... BUT that does not mean our grammar has to be perfect, and we all have to have great educations, and make heaps of cash.

Oh and FYI... my parents did not buy my car...
Old 09-29-2006, 11:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Justinius7
What about those of us who DID NOT go to college or Univeristy.

(such as myself)

I know for fact my grammar and english skills are not all that impressive or something that i should brag about by any means... BUT does that mean i should not be able to drive a Mercedes? OR participate in a Mercedes Forum?

seriously people...

yes we drive a mercedes, bottom of the line mercedes yes... BUT that does not mean our grammar has to be perfect, and we all have to have great educations, and make heaps of cash.

Oh and FYI... my parents did not buy my car...
Nobody is saying that you have to be a college graduate with money to drive a MB. Anybody can. The real purpose of the thread was to find out why we tend to get bashed a lot. One thought was that maybe our posts look bad, and honestly some of them do. There are no requirements for this forum. As for college, some of the worlds most successful people have never been to college.
Old 10-01-2006, 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Honda Grom
It's a car. Nothing more. Nothing less. And yes.. it is an entry level car. Big deal..... drive it, enjoy it, and be HAPPY. Who cares what anyone else thinks... That's the difference here between the adults and the kids I think. Sorry, but just stating the truth.
Old 10-01-2006, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

"Double Stuff" SOLD | Nor*Cals "Pesky Audi"
"Entry Level"
"Cheap Mercedes"
"Mommy's Car"
"Spoiled"
"Yuppy"
"Cant afford a REAL Mercedes"
"Bottom of the line"

Bottom Line: Who Cares?! People will degrade us to make themselves feel better or make comments about our "lifestlyes" because of what we drive. To E,S, CL, SLK, etc owners, we may be seen as "part of the family". to some of the same group, we may bee seen as "People who couldn't afford a real mercedes". When it all boils down to it, we own mercedes. I've already thought about how i'd be seen driving MY mercedes. "Oh he's got mommy's car" or "must be nice to be THAT spoiled". It makes me want to backlash and say "B*tch! title is in MY name! I saved up for my down, made sure i could afford it, waited for FOUR months and finally got the car I wanted. with NO HELP from my parents. What even more funny, I drive a better car then my parents. They own a '77 450SL, '94 T-bird, '98 Chevy Silverado, and a '00 Harley. They didn't do anything but support me in my purchase. I was the person sign my name on the dotted line. No co-signer. No help from "grandma". Just my hard earned money. And I'm damn proud of myself. Its a big step that I've taken and I'm extremely happy form myself.

Point is, I now have MY OWN mercedes, in MY NAME, and I'm responsible for service, upkeep, payments, insurance, gas, etc. Gimme a break. just because we drive Mercedes, doesn't mean we're all yuppies or spoiled brats. There are such people that work hard for their money and make wise decisions in their purchases. Granted to each their own, but it seems because that the keys that we hold in our pockets, automatically make our credibility for actually working hard for what we own, near impossible.

It bothes me a bit. But since i've had my car for the past few days, I've got nothing but congrats from my friends and family. Granted some are envious. But just by owning my car, hasn't changed who I am or what i believe in. Its just a car people!

As for spelling/grammar... C'mon people, post that stuff in the other forums.
Old 10-01-2006, 06:06 PM

2001 C320 (purple), 2002 BMW 540i
Originally Posted by BadAssC230k
Point is, I now have MY OWN mercedes, in MY NAME, and I'm responsible for service, upkeep, payments, insurance, gas, etc.
Well, I agree with pretty much everything you say and strongly support it. However, I do have one pet peeve and that's when people think making payments on something means they own it. Sorry, it's not YOUR mercedes YET.

Overall, though, I did really like your post and I'm glad someone said it.
Old 10-01-2006, 07:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

"Double Stuff" SOLD | Nor*Cals "Pesky Audi"
point taken. but you understand the general basis of my point.
Old 10-01-2006, 08:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 132 Posts
'17 Jaguar XF
Originally Posted by BadAssC230k
As for spelling/grammar... C'mon people, post that stuff in the other forums.
Is this what is meant by "dumbing down of America"? As a courtesy some people need to use the spell checker and proof read what they have written before sending it off. It increases the poster's credibility and forms a basis for communication.
Old 10-01-2006, 08:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2002 C230K, 2013 BMW 328, 2015 BMW X5
Originally Posted by mleskovar
Is this what is meant by "dumbing down of America"? As a courtesy some people need to use the spell checker and proof read what they have written before sending it off. It increases the poster's credibility and forms a basis for communication.
Hmm, my credibility is in the quality of the information/advice I give. While I have a hard time reading the "text type posts" Spelling has never bothered me. True, we make judgements by how someone presents themselves on this board, those judgements are subject to change with interaction. I hope the W203 forum members remember this.

E
Old 10-01-2006, 09:50 PM

2015 E550 Coupe, 2012 E350 4matic Sedan, 2016 fully blown out custom camaro 2SS
Originally Posted by emrliquidlife
Hmm, my credibility is in the quality of the information/advice I give. While I have a hard time reading the "text type posts" Spelling has never bothered me. True, we make judgements by how someone presents themselves on this board, those judgements are subject to change with interaction. I hope the W203 forum members remember this.

E
Well said!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: "The C-Class Forum" Bashing