C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Question for clear bra users...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2002 | 07:37 PM
jlm

Question for clear bra users...

Hi, all. I am new to the forum (although I have been 'lurking' for several months.

My 2002 C230K will arrive sometime this month (I took European Delivery in late July) and I want to have a clear bra installed. In looking at the various cars (both MBs and others) with this material installed, it seems that there are two styles. The first just covers the exterior paint surface, and ends near the edge of the various panels. This still leaves a slight edge exposed (which I would think would in some cases be the MOST susceptable locations for chipping). The other style wraps the material around to the backside of the panel and protects all the exposed area except for some very tiny corners where it seems the material cannot be made to adhere.

My question for those of you who already have had this done is which brand (Xpel, Invinca-Shield, etc.) do you have, and does it end near the panel edge or wrap around for even more protection?

Thanks,

jlm
Old 09-02-2002 | 08:58 PM
Almost a Member!

Talking

Interesting!
Old 09-03-2002 | 10:48 AM

ML430
I have an ML430 that I installed an Invisible bra on when I bought it in late 1999. The bra does not wrap, it comes to the end of the panel. To date it has protceted angainst any chips. There is a small amount of peel back at one or two edges that were evident shortly after it waws installed. Note that this product is very difficult to install. I had window film installer do it and he had to call 3M several times before he got it on. A few small bubbles and some waviness on the film is not uncommon, but the procetion is worth it.