C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

"Check Low Beam" malfunction (Xenon)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2002, 11:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C240 6-spd (ret)
"Check Low Beam" malfunction (Xenon)

Two things happened last night -- first I found I had a nail in one of my rear tires . I seem to have bad luck w/ nails -- got it fixed this morning.

Anyway, while I was in a parking lot talking to my wife on my cell about the darn nail, I had my lights on (factory Xenons). I was parked where the right headlight was partially blocked by a concrete parking lot light post. After a minute or two, the light went out and I saw a "Check Low Beam R" message. I turned off the lights and car and restarted. Everything was OK. Anyone ever have this happen before? I'm wondering whether there's some sensor which was set off because the light was blocked by the post (i.e., heat, light, etc)?
Old 09-06-2002, 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It happened a couple of times on my C32. One side went off, when you restart your car, everything will be okay. You can bring your car to the service dept and ask them to check the malfunction code. Because whenever your instrument display an error message, MB can trace that message through their computer. But mine didnt have this problem for about 3 months now (touch wood)! I dont think it has anything to do with the post though.