C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

c280 pricing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c280 pricing

my friend is looking at a new c280 right now and I'm helping him with a little research. My question is, how much should he pay for the car or how much off are we looking at? I did a search and ran across one that said about $1500 or so off sticker. I'm sure there is room to deal, just now sure how much. Also, would those who purchased one mind sharing their deals? Thanks and much appreciated.
Old 10-27-2006, 05:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63 AMG
Hey,

Here's my opinion:

Let me start by saying all negotiations are different. That being said knocking off a figure of $1,500 isn't (or shouldn't be) a rule of thumb. My advice is do a little research. Before you even start negotiating there's a price the dealer won't let the car go for (and that price is basically under the car's actual value); they won't lose money on the car, no matter how good of a talker you are.

Researching:
The figure you researching is the 'last' price the dealer will take. So if it's a used car find out how much it's worth -- search online for the same car in your area only (prices vary in different states), and get a general idea of what the car is going for. And then most importantly, find out how much you're willing to pay for the car. Come up with a figure (realistic) of what you feel is a good deal and great deal. So if you're "good deal" is $1,500 and your "great deal" is $2,000 then you should stay between $1,500-$2,000; if the dealer will only give you $1,400 off, then move to the next dealer. Let them know you're serious, but never want it too bad (or don’t show them you do).

Just my opinion.

Good luck (to your friend).

Tee_Tz.
Old 10-28-2006, 04:40 AM

thanks for the reply. So I went to my salesperson today and had a talk with him. Although I bought my car from him awhile ago, I wasn't expecting the amount he gave me. It was definitely more than $1500 and I didn't even have to "ask" him, so thats the good part. I'm sure there is still a bit of negotiating to do so we'll see what the final line is.