C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

--- Wald & Spirits ---

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 12:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 C32 ///AMG
Originally Posted by viprsx
Hey bro, those emblems were yours remember? I bought them from you...
you should get his cf wald lip..that would look sick with a blackout grille and those headlights
Old 12-26-2006, 12:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WALD W203
Originally Posted by rlee02135
you should get his cf wald lip..that would look sick with a blackout grille and those headlights
Good idea! maybe next time I'll lay some CF for the middle part like his..
Old 12-26-2006, 05:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Blimp
hideous!!

TRANSOFRMERS YEAH!!
Old 12-26-2006, 07:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
is not yet completed
Hey bro, those emblems were yours remember? I bought them from you...
oh yeh.. thats right.. how did it come out.. like it? im glad you already put them in use!!!... love it !
Old 01-08-2007, 03:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

is SOLD
did u install the exhaust yet?
Old 01-08-2007, 03:43 AM

02' C240 Luxury Model

It's not a bad mix of styles...but not very VIP. I am still a firm believer that 20's on the W203 looks to big for the chassis. I've had to install them numerous times for customers and still don't like it and I even try to convince them otherwise. The choice of wheels as far as style is right on target. I love the D071's. The headlights are all wrong in my opinion. They don't match the car or the style you're going for. Chrome housings would have been perfect and would offset the wheels perfectly. Speaking of offset...very mild..even for 20's. But I'm sure you didn't want to have to mess with your fenders. I would mutch rather have lower offset/bigger dish 19's, then high offset 20's anyday on C-Class (although you do have a more aggressive offset and stance than many members here). The grill I also don't like. I would have stayed with the chrome grill for VIP, that one screams euro style. I would comment on the hood mascot, but I know you have the flat Wald one..so that can pass, but by a slim margin..it's also very euro. The upright star is still very VIP. A roof wing and rear wing would compliment it well. The exhaust you chose is of course very VIP as long as you install it correctly. Oh and one last thing..I would have just left the corner markers unpainted, but the chrome clear type. Remember this is just criticism, the car is nice, just not my style. I'm into VIP and I am often on the strict side when it comes to tuning it properly.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:04 AM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Originally Posted by NG C-Klasse

It's not a bad mix of styles...but not very VIP. I am still a firm believer that 20's on the W203 looks to big for the chassis. I've had to install them numerous times for customers and still don't like it and I even try to convince them otherwise. The choice of wheels as far as style is right on target. I love the D071's. The headlights are all wrong in my opinion. They don't match the car or the style you're going for. Chrome housings would have been perfect and would offset the wheels perfectly. Speaking of offset...very mild..even for 20's. But I'm sure you didn't want to have to mess with your fenders. I would mutch rather have lower offset/bigger dish 19's, then high offset 20's anyday on C-Class (although you do have a more aggressive offset and stance than many members here). The grill I also don't like. I would have stayed with the chrome grill for VIP, that one screams euro style. I would comment on the hood mascot, but I know you have the flat Wald one..so that can pass, but by a slim margin..it's also very euro. The upright star is still very VIP. A roof wing and rear wing would compliment it well. The exhaust you chose is of course very VIP as long as you install it correctly. Oh and one last thing..I would have just left the corner markers unpainted, but the chrome clear type. Remember this is just criticism, the car is nice, just not my style. I'm into VIP and I am often on the strict side when it comes to tuning it properly.
care to explain what VIP exactly is? from what I've ascertained, VIP sounds like it's bling bling ricer style with the wings, clear corners, and chrome.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:36 AM

02' C240 Luxury Model
Originally Posted by nlpamg
care to explain what VIP exactly is? from what I've ascertained, VIP sounds like it's bling bling ricer style with the wings, clear corners, and chrome.
OMG no. Haha, that is "DUB" style you are explaining. How is the stock grill & stock late model chrome headlights "bling". They came that way from the factory? The chrome clear corner markers just look far cleaner than the stock amber and go with the theme of the grill and headlights. Ricer style is such a gay term. To me ricer means someone who tries to modify a car and fails horribly.

VIP is all about presence. Low ride height & properly fitted wheels (ie: flush) that create the correct stance. Even with all the right parts, if the stance is off the car just won't look right. Also properly fitted well made aero parts are a given, even if going with the more reserved "EXE" style that is a lesser known part of the VIP community. VIP was created to emmulate high class, high society cars and the lifestyle which follows it.

Most people have no idea what we're talking about or make quick reference to the Western cultural meaning of the acronym: V.I.P. Although it's partially related it isn't a true discription or definition. In Japan it is often pronounced as "vip" (as in sounds like whip). There are many misconceptions about VIP which have stemmed from the spread of the style into the US where most people do not understand that it isn't just a style, but also a culture, It's not just the cars..it's a way of life.

Remember, everyone has their own style. I think mildly modded cars are boring. I think euro style is cool, but doesn't suite me or what I prefer. VIP cars carry a certain "attitude" to them which I love. Taketomi-san says it best "Wide and Low down". Widebody and pulled, shaped fenders is very common. This gives the car even more presence when it's low. I don't expect all of you to love VIP, but don't diss it just because it's not what you like. I have respect for all clean styles..but I agree, ricey cars suck. Just so you have an idea, I'll show you my concept of how my car will look when finished. I do a concept art of each build that I do. First here's an example of my Z, both the concept and the actual car:

Now this is my concept for my W203:

Of course, I've since changed things up to pull the fenders a touch and widen up the stance a bit. So the wheels should be far deeper. I also don't have the black curtains in the rear in the concept or the roof wing. I'll have to sort that into it later.

Sorry to threadjack.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:47 PM

05' C230 Kompressor SS Mars Red 6speed--1990 300D 5speed
ha i like NG C-Klasse's car way more then your "VIP" Z and c-class.... just my opinion
Old 01-08-2007, 04:26 PM

02' C240 Luxury Model
Originally Posted by AdamVax
ha i like NG C-Klasse's car way more then your "VIP" Z and c-class.... just my opinion
My Z isn't a VIP car. It was a drift car. And I think you meant to say that you liked viprsx's car. That's fine, I can see you like Euro style. I don't expect everyone to like my style.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by NG C-Klasse
My Z isn't a VIP car. It was a drift car. And I think you meant to say that you liked viprsx's car. That's fine, I can see you like Euro style. I don't expect everyone to like my style.
sorry man, I agree with Adam. I saw your explaination of VIP style and sad to say, I don't like it. what makes it kinda ghetto are the huge chrome wheels... also, I hate the overly tucked look as well which I've heard of being referred to as "indo" style.

I think I've seen a "VIP" car driving around which was an old Infiniti I30 that was dropped had an obnoxious body kit and gold daytons on it. after seeing your posts, I searched on google for VIP and found a VIP messageboard and almost all the cars there were pretty bad--they were either banged up lexuses and infinitis with large body kits. (a reason why I don't like your C-Class concept is that the fog lights and the entire body kit looks HUGE! the wings don't help either... but, your Z on the other hand is pretty unique, taking the old Z and giving it a bumper like the new one is pretty unique and props to that)

what I don't get is the "lifestyle" portion. it's a modded non-exotic and not even an expensive car to start! I don't see "high-class" cars dropped with large bodykits. I don't really see people living that "high-class" lifestyle with an overly modded old Infiniti or Lexus. I think the key term in your explaination was "emulate," isn't that just the same thing as copying/posing? the emulate part sounds a little too much like the Fast and the Furious to me... "it's a lifestyle." I think the definition of what VIP style is, in terms of "high-class," is Ghetto-Fab.

my 2cents.

Last edited by nlpamg; 01-08-2007 at 04:43 PM.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:19 PM

02' C240 Luxury Model
sorry man, I agree with Adam. I saw your explaination of VIP style and sad to say, I don't like it. what makes it kinda ghetto are the huge chrome wheels... also, I hate the overly tucked look as well which I've heard of being referred to as "indo" style.

I think I've seen a "VIP" car driving around which was an old Infiniti I30 that was dropped had an obnoxious body kit and gold daytons on it. after seeing your posts, I searched on google for VIP and found a VIP messageboard and almost all the cars there were pretty bad--they were either banged up lexuses and infinitis with large body kits. (a reason why I don't like your C-Class concept is that the fog lights and the entire body kit looks HUGE! the wings don't help either... but, your Z on the other hand is pretty unique, taking the old Z and giving it a bumper like the new one is pretty unique and props to that)

what I don't get is the "lifestyle" portion. it's a modded non-exotic and not even an expensive car to start! I don't see "high-class" cars dropped with large bodykits. I don't really see people living that "high-class" lifestyle with an overly modded old Infiniti or Lexus. I think the key term in your explaination was "emulate," isn't that just the same thing as copying/posing? the emulate part sounds a little too much like the Fast and the Furious to me... "it's a lifestyle." I think the definition of what VIP style is, in terms of "high-class," is Ghetto-Fab.

my 2cents.
Haha, wow, you got it ALL wrong. We aren't about huge chrome wheels or ghetto-ness. We usually run 18-20's. And usually only the larger chassis run 20's..19's are the most common. Chrome isn't always used either. Your personal opinion is faltered by your lack of knowledge on the subject. When you say overly tucked, you might not realize that that is how the car looks dumped (ie: airsus all the way down). We don't ride at that height, although we do ride low like how my Z is. Haha, "indo style". The Indonesian guys love airsuspension and they do a lot of tuning over there, so I can see how some people get that interpretation, although it's a little off.

That I30 you saw was NOT a VIP car. We NEVER use wire wheels and the cars are quite clean usually. Some guys go a little more crazy, but that's not the norm. VIP is not about exotic cars. It's about high end luxury cars...which in Japan is high end Toyota and Nissan (which is Lexus and Infiniti in the US), and a few other manufacturers as well as Mercedes. So maybe you don't think an S-Class is high class? They have several kits for the S-Class. Posing..so why are you posing as a car from Europe rather than doing it "Cali" style? There's no difference to what you just said, it's just two different styles.

This is so far from "Fast & The Furious", I can't even believe you brought that up. I see you've got the blinders on and that they won't come off. So I'll just leave it at that. You're set in your ways and you're entitled to be. So good for you, I prefer to be more open minded when it comes to tuning
Old 01-08-2007, 08:51 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
VIP = something like this. it's neither bling or ghetto. They're modded LARGE Japanese cars with rims and very low to the ground with fair bodykits. It's more about clean and fashion and never bling and rice. However the style works heck of the lot better on japanese cars than euro.

the "Fast and Furious" stuff are not even Tuner style until the "tokyo drift" came out. The previous two installment were simply American RICE. unlike what most people would think, Japanese does not stick all that graphic or crap decals on their cars unless it's a sponsored car or a project car that will get on their magazine. However Americans do, just go to HIN and you'll see crap load of RICER thinking they're the TUNER. The percentage of the real TUNER amongst the Japanese cars are very little in these shows.

Last edited by FrankW; 01-08-2007 at 09:00 PM.
Old 01-08-2007, 09:06 PM
Super Moderator

cool, thanks for the clarification guys. I didn't know much about this...

that Lexus doesn't look bad. but the bumper looks to be the same as the C-Class bumper that NG posted! all g.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:25 PM

//WALD C320 Magnifique [sold], BMW Z4 3.0i 6spd[sold]
reminds me of my previously pimped w203..

Keren banget mobil lu bos!
Old 01-08-2007, 11:36 PM

2005 C240 4Matic

I like the look, the stance and the lights look Hot. I would have done 19" staggered. but very nice and clean I even like the color
Old 01-08-2007, 11:44 PM

WALD W203
Remember this is just criticism, the car is nice, just not my style. I'm into VIP and I am often on the strict side when it comes to tuning it properly.[/QUOTE]

Yea I remember you with all your posts from vipstylecars.com.
Same here bro, I don't like your style neither, W203 + Fabulous Bodykits and Expands is so year 2001

I was going for Fabulous and Expands too like 2 years ago before I even bought the car, BUT I remembered a buddy of mine has DONE your style.

Sorry I just like to be the original and be the first person who has a different style, I don't like to be a follower. Also, I don't like when my set up is the same like someone else's, especially when those set up were like 3-4 years ago.

That's why I went with black housing instead if chrome, 20's, and custom grill just to be different like any of those W203s with WALD kits
FYI, Fabulous is freakin played out in Indonesia
and if you want, I can get you a set of Replica Fabulous Bodykit for W203 for $500 and the fitment is just as great as the real one.

^^ That's the style you are going for right!? Go for it but you won't be the first who done it, especially you said that you own a shop right? Why don't you show your customers your own creative ideas, Teach your customers to be creative! ^^

Last edited by viprsx; 01-09-2007 at 12:03 AM.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:48 PM

WALD W203
Originally Posted by SEXSPHERE
reminds me of my previously pimped w203..

Keren banget mobil lu bos!
I love urs too dude..
Actually I really wanted ur muffler before u sold it, too bad u sold the car..

Sekarang pake mobil apa boss? pasti keren juga..
Old 01-09-2007, 12:50 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
WALD > Fabulous.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:05 AM

02' C240 Luxury Model
Haha, okay. I see where this is going. But I'm not going to play that game. I never wanted to be "the first"..I never stated I wanted to be "the first". Also, my car will be far cleaner, his car is NOT my style. For starters I'll have a real Fabulous kit, not a copy. If I recall correctly that was a carbon copy of the Fabulous kit.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:05 AM

WALD W203
Originally Posted by FrankW
WALD > Fabulous.
Heck yea!..your dinner is on me dude...
Old 01-09-2007, 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C300 Sport
any pics of the wifeys coupe?
Old 01-09-2007, 11:55 AM

WALD W203
Originally Posted by jo17jC230
any pics of the wifeys coupe?
Sure, the RSX was my previous car.

Old 01-09-2007, 01:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
R129, XF Sportbrake, SC400
Sure, the RSX was my previous car.

Dude, i saw both of your cars at VCC. I saw yours before it had the kit on it, because i remember the WALD badge being on it. I saw your girl's car too. I think she was in my Humanities class last semester. I was going to ask her what she had it lowered on.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:39 PM

02' C240 Luxury Model
FYI, Fabulous is freakin played out in Indonesia
and if you want, I can get you a set of Replica Fabulous Bodykit for W203 for $500 and the fitment is just as great as the real one.

^^ That's the style you are going for right!? Go for it but you won't be the first who done it, especially you said that you own a shop right? Why don't you show your customers your own creative ideas, Teach your customers to be creative! ^^
I run a shop, I don't own it. Also, why run fake aeroparts like you guys do? That really hurts the manufacturers..very disrepectful. But I guess that's how it's done in Indonesia..most of what I've seen is fake. It looks like you have $$, so why not buy authentic parts? I do have creative ideas...having a Wald kit is not exactly creative, there's far more of them than Fabulous. And besides it's what I want. You crack me up with your retorts..they make no sense, it's like you bust on yourself before I have to.

Don't worry about my customers, they all love my ideas. VSC is honestly quite pathetic. It's full of teenagers with wishes of VIP and a bunch of self proclaimed know-it-alls (don't go there, I express my ideas and thoughts and don't claim to have all the answers). I got banned from there for having an opinion that varried from Robert and a few others. Tell me that's not gay? Roberts been trying to do that on LJC, but they aren't really naive there. His attempts have all been failures and by the looks of his car he has little room to talk. I love VIP and neither of those cars are VIP (putting VIP wheels on a Honda doesn't make it VIP..or even VIP Style)...and certainly not the carbon fiber abomination. So far from my style...really. You decided to play dirty with me..I suggest you don't do that. What I said earlier was my criticism and wasn't me bashing him (I made that clear and you even quoted it)...you decided to make it personal. So don't complain when I defend myself. This thread is like a carbon copy of what would happen on VSC...people get panty hurt when the opinions comes out. It's the internet..people will say things, you will learn to take them in stride and continue to remember that it's STILL just the internet. Enjoy your fake parts. I still love his wheels..just 1" too big for that chassis.

nlpamg, I got no beef with you at all. You understood it was just criticism, viprsx did not and took it personal when it wasn't even about him. Sorry to have clobbered your thread with this. You do what you want..but don't be like viprsx and bash people because they have an opinion. I only bashed back at him to make a point...so sorry about that.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: --- Wald & Spirits ---