C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

My auto-tranny is working again!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2002, 02:11 PM
DtS
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C200 Kompressor
Smile My auto-tranny is working again!

A couple of weeks ago I posted a thread stating that my gearbox was messed up. Now it's up and working again. If you're interested, click on the link below to my thread regarding this issue in the Tech forum. If someone can describe to me in simple english what was done to my car, I would appreciate that greatly!

Thanks!

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=15738
Old 09-15-2002, 03:50 PM

02 C320, Brilliant Silver
Cool

CONGRAT!!
Old 09-15-2002, 04:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 smart cabrio; 2008 Mercedes-Benz B 200
free repair

Well, you got a "swede" deal from MB on that repair. I am still surprised that there is not a better warranty, though - in Canada the drivetrain is warranted for 130,000 km...

Cheers
Old 09-15-2002, 07:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLB 250 4matic
i can't explain what they did... but i'm happy for you that they did it for free!

what's the deal w/ the euro warranties? is it short all over? or just in sweden? is the US warranty the exception? i thought canadians not getting free services was kind of screwy.

do you get road side assistance for life? (in the US, all mercedes are covered by this...)
Old 09-16-2002, 04:48 AM
DtS
MBWorld Fanatic!

C200 Kompressor
Here's the deal with MB's warranties in Sweden. All cars sold before january 1 2002 was covered by 1 year "new car" warranty. This warranty was extended to a include a second year on cars sold january 1 2002 and later. This new car warranty is supposed to cover all kinds of damages/annoyances, not caused by the owner/driver or thru any kinds of accidents. This is what I believe is you in the US call [b]warranty[b]. MB Sweden advertises about a fabolous warranty package called "Mobilo Life" that comes with all cars sold after august -98. This warranty f.e. covers rust-thru issues for up to 30 years. They also claim that road-assistance will be included in this warranty for 4 or 30 years depending on what has gone wrong. Simply - the first four years they will pay your rental car - tow your car for free and fill it up for you if you run out of gas etc... These claims however is nothing but pure BS. I had my car at the dealer for 14 days - and didn't even get a loaner. I had to bring my car to the workshop myself with the argument that: Well hey, you CAN drive your car. Even though they strongly recommended me to call a tow truck they wouldn't pay for it since the car indeed was driveable.... Actually I was positively surprised when they told me the repairs was to be consedered "good-will".

Well, problem fixed - and I hope it's fixed for good. The funny thing is that MB Sweden don't have a bad reputatoin, it's the other way around - they are known to be good and customer related. That is one of the explanations why so many taxi-drivers in Sweden chooses Mercedes Benz over f.e. Volvo.... Well, I hope I don't have to deal alot with them from now on anyway.

Thanks for listening (and please excuse all kinds of typos)!
/Daniel