C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Jl + Rockford Fosgate C230 Sound System!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 c230 Kompressor SS Mistress
Originally Posted by michael kuzni
jerkin did.haha it's okay at least he used search. just about everyone that chimed in this thread acting like they knew about car audio, really had no clue. that's why i didn't even wanna chime in with facts.
YES he knew not of what he spoke lol
Congrats on the 20
Old 03-02-2011, 08:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230 Coupe Silver
I'm confused but I love audio and feel like I know something bout audio but I need a way to keep my w7 and atleast have a beautiful trunk. Not an ugly a** box taking up more than half the trunk just wanted some advice but I guess not
Old 03-02-2011, 08:34 PM

Hahaha sorry that last post sounded bad Bro but I can't edit on my.phone and I did not want to double post
My cell posted it before I could. fix it
If you want sound system advice shoot Glyn a pm he can give some input
Old 03-02-2011, 08:50 PM

C230 Coupe Silver
Originally Posted by havoc_vulture
If you want sound system advice shoot Glyn a pm he can give some input

Lol thanks but how do I go about doing this?
Old 03-02-2011, 09:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Originally Posted by Jerkin
jerkin click on my name and then click on send private message on the next page. i'll help you out with whatever you need. sorry if i made you feel like you knew nothing. i'll help you out in return
Old 03-02-2011, 09:01 PM

Ummm if u look at the sticky about oil there is a man by the name of
Glyn M Ruck
Go to his file and send a private message to him
He should respond as soon as he can
Old 03-03-2011, 01:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Ummm if u look at the sticky about oil there is a man by the name of
Glyn M Ruck
Go to his file and send a private message to him
He should respond as soon as he can
It's okay I'm helping him out now
Old 03-03-2011, 01:10 AM

C230 Coupe Silver
Yeah

Haha he is but it's sad news to be told my sub has to go. Idk if I can part. I liked when it tickled my nose and kept me from breathing lol or when it turned the hot air cool
Old 03-03-2011, 01:25 AM

Haha he is but it's sad news to be told my sub has to go. Idk if I can part. I liked when it tickled my nose and kept me from breathing lol or when it turned the hot air cool
well you wanted help right
time for something better
Old 03-03-2011, 01:35 AM

C230 Coupe Silver
well you wanted help right
time for something better
Better? :/ he said I should lose the sub and use my speakers for the bass that I desire.
He's right. It is better quality and more spacious and convenient.... But! I would install my sub within my seat if that was an option haha. Reality is the worst haha. I need to figure out a way to keep it
Old 03-03-2011, 01:47 AM

Better? :/ he said I should lose the sub and use my speakers for the bass that I desire.
He's right. It is better quality and more spacious and convenient.... But! I would install my sub within my seat if that was an option haha. Reality is the worst haha. I need to figure out a way to keep it
Better as in ... if he tells you no sub and you agree sell the sub and save for a nice mod for you're car
Old 03-03-2011, 01:52 AM

C230 Coupe Silver
Better as in ... if he tells you no sub and you agree sell the sub and save for a nice mod for you're car
Yeah... Time toget my puddle lights and lips... But I'm still gonna have to spend hella money for door speakers and amp.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:55 AM

C230 Coupe Silver
Ey what door speakers and amp should I get? I was thinking alpine amp or rocksford but I don't know what kind of speakers because I was always concentrated on the woofers. Does jl make good speakers or they overpriced too? haha.
I need quality but lets just say that bass wakes me up and gets my heart beating. lol If I didn't have bass I'd rather turn off the speakers.

Yeah... Time toget my puddle lights and lips... But I'm still gonna have to spend hella money for door speakers and amp.
take it slow and it'll be worth it in the end...unless you got the cash to toss around lol
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
No no no haha let me rephrase what I was trying to say.lose the w7 and get a w6 12" or a woofer that's actually made for sound quality. Judging by what you've said, you like loud, but not stupid loud.great.I'm the same way.so put whatever sub you end up getting in about a 2 cubic foot PORTED box and that'll be that.then just get new components for the front, coax in the back, take out your factory woofer and use the hole as a port to the cabin, put a 4 ch.amp on your hi's (i recommend bass blockers for your rear coax so that you don't blow them, let the hi's do the hi's and front mid-bass and rear sub do the bass) then put a sheet of dyna-mat (or cedarmat ) on the back of your license plate since that's the only thing that should be rattling.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 C350 Sport 6MT
Silence Karo now all these guys are going to think I'm fair game XD
You're so easy. Remember Thursday we're gonna go to the Cerritos meet. We're gonna take a shortcut and it's gonna be dark but just trust me.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by Karo
You're so easy. Remember Thursday we're gonna go to the Cerritos meet. We're gonna take a shortcut and it's gonna be dark but just trust me.
im scared
Old 03-03-2011, 02:01 AM

C230 Coupe Silver
No no no haha let me rephrase what I was trying to say.lose the w7 and get a w6 12" or a woofer that's actually made for sound quality. Judging by what you've said, you like loud, but not stupid loud.great.I'm the same way.so put whatever sub you end up getting in about a 2 cubic foot PORTED box and that'll be that.then just get new components for the front, coax in the back, take out your factory woofer and use the hole as a port to the cabin, put a 4 ch.amp on your hi's (i recommend bass blockers for your rear coax so that you don't blow them, let the hi's do the hi's and front mid-bass and rear sub do the bass) then put a sheet of dyna-mat (or cedarmat ) on the back of your license plate since that's the only thing that should be rattling.
Let me explain. My w7 is love to my ears but it can be a bit much but I deal with it. My buddy got a 12w6 and I smoke him and laugh everyday. I currently got a 2 cubic box. And I was gonna get speaker eitherway but I need a way to lose the ugly box but keep sub prestine. But making a mold would make me lose my spare tire so I just have no idea what to do lol
Old 03-03-2011, 02:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Ey what door speakers and amp should I get? I was thinking alpine amp or rocksford but I don't know what kind of speakers because I was always concentrated on the woofers. Does jl make good speakers or they overpriced too? haha.
I need quality but lets just say that bass wakes me up and gets my heart beating. lol If I didn't have bass I'd rather turn off the speakers.
I HATE JL AUDIO.even though we're a signature dealer, they don't get me excited one bit for numerous reasons.just thought I'd put that out there.i don't really like too many mainstream brands anymore.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Let me explain. My w7 is love to my ears but it can be a bit much but I deal with it. My buddy got a 12w6 and I smoke him and laugh everyday. I currently got a 2 cubic box. And I was gonna get speaker eitherway but I need a way to lose the ugly box but keep sub prestine. But making a mold would make me lose my spare tire so I just have no idea what to do lol
I'd fiberglass into your tire well, but you're going to lose sound because the frequency isn't reflecting off the trunk into the cabin.don't be like an aston martin,all show no go.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:06 AM

well youre avatar says you have a coupe
so i assume you can get a custom box made that will save some space ...kinda like the setups for the nissan 300zx
where the sub lays flat on the corner
Old 03-03-2011, 02:07 AM

C230 Coupe Silver
I HATE JL AUDIO.even though we're a signature dealer, they don't get me excited one bit for numerous reasons.just thought I'd put that out there.i don't really like too many mainstream brands anymore.
I know what you mean. But my tweeters are good and so is my sub. I learned about ascendant audio and digital design and sundown later down the road but i like what I got and I already blew the money so I'm stuck with what I got and I like it so ehh. But I need to make this work. And I don't know of anyway but just losing the sub but I'm trying to go to meets and stuff and I was hoping for some love haha. I also love knowing that you can hear my bass from down the block lol
Old 03-03-2011, 02:16 AM

C230 Coupe Silver
I'd fiberglass into your tire well, but you're going to lose sound because the frequency isn't reflecting off the trunk into the cabin.don't be like an aston martin,all show no go.
Exactly. I wanna be all go and show. Go always comes first. But I can't figure out the show. And the custom corner box I thought of but it ain't that cool. I'm thinking of doing it cornered with an angle but I was hoping there is a nicer way of getting it done lol. But what kind of door speakers do you recommend?
Old 03-03-2011, 02:17 AM

C230 Coupe Silver
well youre avatar says you have a coupe
so i assume you can get a custom box made that will save some space ...kinda like the setups for the nissan 300zx
where the sub lays flat on the corner
Yeah. But from the top of my head my sub is about a foot long so that can be an issue and I still need to match the 2 cubic feet. But if I can. I'm all down lol
Old 03-03-2011, 02:24 AM

Yeah. But from the top of my head my sub is about a foot long so that can be an issue and I still need to match the 2 cubic feet. But if I can. I'm all down lol
i think pix of this sub are in order

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Jl + Rockford Fosgate C230 Sound System!!