C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Just the facts please...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2002 | 12:08 PM

C320 Sport
Just the facts please...

Can someone provide some clarification? I am on the verge of purchasing new suspension but am a bit leery that the end purchase will provide the overall lowering and ride characteristics I am looking for. Unfortunately, I have found conflicting information here on the message board so I am looking to see what additional information everyone can provide to help me make the best decision...

I currently drive a C320 Sport with the following packages C2, C3, C4, C6, Xenon. Unfortunately, from my understanding, this increases my ride height to a whopping 3.5” in the front and 2.5” in the rear. From looking around I find that the H&R Cup Kit will reduce my overall height 2” in the front and 1.4” in the rear. However, another post indicates that with the Sport Suspension I can expect that the front height reduction is actually 1.75”. Is this accurate?

I am planning on purchasing 18” Brabus Monoblock V 2-piece wheels in the future and don’t want to have a 2” gap between the tire and the body. Can anyone give me reliable estimates (or better yet, pictures) of the height reduction for a C320 Sport with an H&R Cup Kit and 18”/19” wheels? Thanks.
Old 09-17-2002 | 02:22 PM

2001 C240 6spd
Kleemann320,

Quick question for you? On your signature, you have on upcoming upgrades - Kleemann springs and anti-sway bars. If you are looking to get H&R Cup kit, the kit is comprised of shocks and springs. Just seems redundant. Just looking to see what direction you want to go..if you want to go the Kleemann route - then I would suggest going with Kleemann springs with their speed sensitive shocks and then the anti-sway bars. But it may not lower the car as much as you want.
I think I am going with the Kleemann springs to start - but I dont want the car lowered that much. Still deciding which way to go.
Old 09-17-2002 | 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I have a question, too. How do those options raise your car 3.5"?
Old 09-17-2002 | 04:01 PM

C320 Sport
Yeah, that's my bad. I was originally leaning toward the Kleemann suspension kit (springs and shocks) but found out that although they offer excellent handling and performance, they only reduce the ride height 1.4" in the front and 1.3" in the rear.

So just to confirm my thoughts, I called the local MB dealer and spoke to the service techs there about the suspension and why in the heck my car seemed to be as lifted as it was. Their reply was that depending on which options you have installed on your car, the spring shims, may be different (minimal increment in the rear only 8-23mm) but the type of spring used was different reflecting the actual fender gap. I am not sure that I buy this. I was under the impression that the same spring was used for all Sport sedan models… Anyone know for sure?
Old 09-17-2002 | 05:40 PM

2001 C240 6spd
Kleemann320,

You may want to check out the H&R coilovers - they are adjustable, although a bit more expensive. Other makers do offer coilovers for the C320, also. I am not entirely sure much coilovers lower the car - but it may be another option for you.
Old 09-17-2002 | 06:15 PM
Banned

'01 C240/6
Originally posted by Kleeman320
Yeah, that's my bad. I was originally leaning toward the Kleemann suspension kit (springs and shocks) but found out that although they offer excellent handling and performance, they only reduce the ride height 1.4" in the front and 1.3" in the rear.

So just to confirm my thoughts, I called the local MB dealer and spoke to the service techs there about the suspension and why in the heck my car seemed to be as lifted as it was. Their reply was that depending on which options you have installed on your car, the spring shims, may be different (minimal increment in the rear only 8-23mm) but the type of spring used was different reflecting the actual fender gap. I am not sure that I buy this. I was under the impression that the same spring was used for all Sport sedan models… Anyone know for sure?
Someone should really start a separate list of all the ridiculous and ignorant things dealership people say. Some are really priceless.