C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Warranty is up in 2 months... what should I do.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 04:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boxster987 C230KSS M3
Originally Posted by TA-9FF
Everyone should take cues on how to build high quality, reliable cars from Porsche.

But then again, if they did, Porsche wouldn't be peerless, and untouchable as they are today....
Even though I do not agree 100%...
Attached Thumbnails Warranty is up in 2 months... what should I do.-dsc00195xs.jpg  

Last edited by jinijazz; 02-15-2007 at 05:10 AM.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:01 AM

C320 Coupe
I agree; there's a huge difference between an owner that properly takes care of their car vs an owner that just trashes it around, with the attitude "it's just a car, I'll just get another one". I don't think any car on Earth can hold up well with a neglectful owner, no matter how high quality and reliable it is.
yes and no, but some of the car owner really take care of their car, but from day 1 of their car on the ground, they start having problem, lights up anyone? panoramic sunroof problem has been all over, it's not like they don't know how to press the button to close the sun roof.

Last time my signal light stick (on our left side of steering wheel) went bad, doesn't mean i hit it hard with my hands, the part just went bad. Same with my lock mechanism, the lock jump up and down several times everytime i lock the car or unlock it. note that i never play with my little lock on my door bro.

Dude more to list, my dad CLK's engine has problem, blowing i forgot grey smoke and whole car is shaking? he doesn't drive that much on his car, and both of our car burnt our ballast, doesn't mean we put water in there to make it goes bad. see what i mean? mercedes parts just aren't reliable, nothing are, but they charge you fortunate.

Think of Mercedes is just like LV bag, they are expensive becuz of the brand, quality wise there are something better than them but cheaper price. But those women out there still love LV just because they are expensive, doesn't mean the bag is good.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:16 AM

2005 C230 SS
Originally Posted by powa
didn't u read the other post on how mercedes deal with the car with extended warranty? just reset the light and see if problem arise, if not then they'll just return ur car to u, and not fixing crap. If they do fix, they will charge u tons of dough for it. i donno man, i gotta face that problem as well in couple months, mercedes is just getting on my nerve when it comes to mechanic repairment
I hear what you are saying and I agree with you in a lot of points....but I think whoever is in this position needs to consider a lot of things when making this decision.

- did your car have a lot of issues the first 50,000 miles (especially non-common ones)
- do you like the dealership you deal with / do they take good care of you
- cost and quality of extended warranty / or go with no extended warranty which is a risk
- do you still love your car? / can you afford a different new or used one?

I have 25,000 miles on my car and I have had pretty good luck with my car so far, minor things that have been common have come up but nothing major, (I take very good care of my car as well) the dealership (MB of Pompano former Autohaus) I deal with has been pretty good to me, I got a pretty good extended warranty through Gieco that covers any mechanical breakdown up to 70,000 miles, and yes I still love my car...

So in my case when it comes to me making that decision when the warranty runs out....I will be keeping my car till probably 75,000 miles or so.
Old 02-15-2007, 11:53 AM

C320 Coupe
Originally Posted by MCONDE01
I hear what you are saying and I agree with you in a lot of points....but I think whoever is in this position needs to consider a lot of things when making this decision.

- did your car have a lot of issues the first 50,000 miles (especially non-common ones)
- cost and quality of extended warranty / or go with no extended warranty which is a risk

I have 25,000 miles on my car and I have had pretty good luck with my car so far, minor things that have been common have come up but nothing major, (I take very good care of my car as well) the dealership (MB of Pompano former Autohaus) I deal with has been pretty good to me, I got a pretty good extended warranty through Gieco that covers any mechanical breakdown up to 70,000 miles, and yes I still love my car...

So in my case when it comes to me making that decision when the warranty runs out....I will be keeping my car till probably 75,000 miles or so.

mine isn't common, in fact what problems are common for mercedes? and car isn't linear, you don't get problem on 50k miles, doesn't mean u don't get the problem at 51k miles. It's all reliability, which mercedes...

My local dealership is the worse out of all the dealership there is out there. bunch of a$$ hole, money *****, bad service, bad service advisor, everything is no passing for me.

As Bullewick stated, mercedes don't do crap with extended warranty because they don't think the cost is worth the work.

I still love my car, that's why i choose to mod it, and keep it. But i just don't like the mechanics and parts of mercedes.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:11 PM

2005 C230 SS
Originally Posted by powa
mine isn't common, in fact what problems are common for mercedes? and car isn't linear, you don't get problem on 50k miles, doesn't mean u don't get the problem at 51k miles. It's all reliability, which mercedes...

My local dealership is the worse out of all the dealership there is out there. bunch of a$$ hole, money *****, bad service, bad service advisor, everything is no passing for me.

As Bullewick stated, mercedes don't do crap with extended warranty because they don't think the cost is worth the work.

I still love my car, that's why i choose to mod it, and keep it. But i just don't like the mechanics and parts of mercedes.

As I stated previously it is all about the situation you are in...in your case I would probably not keep the car.

I do disagree with you in terms of common and non-common issues...so we agree to disagree. I believe my MB will be reliable in the future...call it wishful thinking.

It seems your mind is made up, so if I were you I would be out car shopping!

Last edited by MCONDE01; 02-15-2007 at 12:30 PM.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:21 PM

2002 C32, 2011 VW GTI
I'm amazed at how many people get rid of their Benz's after 50k miles because the warranty is up............

Is the car that bad after 50k????
Nah. My '04 C230 SS has 40k and it has been very reliable, saving for a steering angle sensor that set off SRS and ESC warnings when the car was first started in the extreme cold -- replaced under warranty. Well, the front pads and rotors had to be replaced at 35k but that's a normal wear item with the C32 brakes on the '04.5 model. Probably depends on how you drive.