C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

chip in my windshield fixed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2002, 10:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLB 250 4matic
chip in my windshield fixed

i had a small chip in the windshield, and imo, it looked like it might be spreading. during the meet, i was sufficiently scared by a few other people to get it fixed right away.

so this morning, off to safelite (a couple of blocks away from the office). 20 minutes later, looks good - like a small tree sap droplet - maybe about 1.5mm in diameter.

a few points:
my insurance - allstate - covers the $65 (not part of the comprehensive insurance) procedure

the repair guy looked at it and said, "it's fine. come back when it's bigger."
"but, i don't want to let it get bigger..."

on the form, it says that the little fix is guaranteed to pass DOT/State inspections. we talked a little about how if the imperfection was in front of the driver, it wouldn't pass the inspections but they say it's not a problem. as it really looks teensy, i can't imagine having a problem w/ it.

thanks for reading.
Old 09-23-2002, 11:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 C240 6spd
I've got 2 fixed chips in my windscreen. They are more noticeable from the inside of the car. Both look like very small divots with some minor cracks/starring coming out - barely noticeable unless you look very closely. No inspection for me this year, so that is not an issue. Ticks me off when rocks get kicked up and hit the car - I always cringe when I hear the "whack" on the front of the car or windscreen. The front is protected with stongard, so I am less worried there.
Old 09-23-2002, 11:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: Sitting behind thing freakin desk of mine. Dreaming I was playing my Taylors, and driving my Benz. Long Live The VRAA!!!!!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230 Sports Coupe
yeah a guy in front of me ran over a piece of a tire and threw it up on me. I know had a 7.7 inch scratch on the windshield, and 2 5 inch scratches on the hood. Barely noticable to anyone else, but still ticks me off.