C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

HIDs and Police Attention

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 10:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w211 e500
Yeah my uncle's a Crash Detective, he said that 8k is the legal limit across the states. Problem come into play when you have newer HIDs that have new gas - They appear to be bluer or "Bluer, is that a word? " or greener, But when i installed my 8ks they look really blue green, and he was like what kelvin is that ? When i told him he was like humm, That would be up for debate and a dick cop may get excited so drive like you have sense. I have 8k in my motorcycle and they look diamond blue. So i would say if you do have 8k, 10k, or god forbid 12k, just drive like you have a brain and you will be fine. The Maxima looks DARK purple from some angles, but because its a max, they get no problems, a modded Merc is a diff story.

Just be careful - you cali boys have it ruff with those cops, but you would think they would be very used to seeing xenons - vs cow town ohio here. "City of the acura TL/TSX have made things easier."
Old 04-11-2007, 11:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Debadged 6-Speed '05 C320 Sports Coupe
It had never occurred to me to inquire which infraction was the piece of resistance that caused the local constable to stop me for a chat. Instead I get my license and registration ready and respond with the appropriate two-word answers, yes sir or no sir. That even applies to the BS infractions, especially if those will be challenged in court.