C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Help with installation...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 02:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help with installation...

I bought the chrome exterior door handle protectors and I just cant seem to find out how to install it. It doesnt slip in, one of the side gets caught on the handle no matter how I try to insert it. Theres a lot of scratches on the back of the door handle from rings and fingernail i guess and its just annoys me everytime I see it. Can anyone help please? Thank you in advance.

I searched the forums everywhere and cant find the answer so this thread should be ok. If someone has the link to that please do copy it if you dont mind. But i cant honestly find it. Been looking for almost a week trying different search words.

Last edited by jdestreza; 04-15-2007 at 02:25 PM. Reason: sentence lack info
Old 04-15-2007, 05:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML55 AMG
I don't know how to, maybe it would help if you posted a pic of the chrome inserts.
Could you post a pic of your car aswell, I was gonna post that IMO they would look terrible, but I don't know what your ride looks like with the other chrome additions.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Fai+H777
I don't know how to, maybe it would help if you posted a pic of the chrome inserts.
Could you post a pic of your car aswell, I was gonna post that IMO they would look terrible, but I don't know what your ride looks like with the other chrome additions.
yeah I will post as soon as the rain stops. anyone else have any idea?
Old 04-15-2007, 08:12 PM

2003 C240
I have these...you have to put them in a certain way, and one of the smaller ends you have to slide downward under a part of the handle as it is pulled all the way out as far as possible. It is a little confusing but once you get one you're all set..I like how it looks on mine, but lot of people on the forum can't stand these...
Old 04-15-2007, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by LuxuryC240
I have these...you have to put them in a certain way, and one of the smaller ends you have to slide downward under a part of the handle as it is pulled all the way out as far as possible. It is a little confusing but once you get one you're all set..I like how it looks on mine, but lot of people on the forum can't stand these...
let me try it and let you know.. any pictures???? thanks Lux
Old 04-15-2007, 08:33 PM

2003 C240
Originally Posted by jdestreza
let me try it and let you know.. any pictures???? thanks Lux
Heres two with them on the car.

See this one: If you hold the protector above the handle before just like it is in the pic, you can see that the longer part on the bottom would go in first, then the shorter part of the bottom on your right would be the little part you have to carefully slide under the piece on the inside of the handle thing.

Believe me, those dings **** me off...they were there when I got the car.

[IMG][/IMG]

This one is blingin' in your eye

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-15-2007, 09:14 PM

See this one: If you hold the protector above the handle before just like it is in the pic, you can see that the longer part on the bottom would go in first, then the shorter part of the bottom on your right would be the little part you have to carefully slide under the piece on the inside of the handle thing.

[IMG][/IMG]

This one is blingin' in your eye

[IMG][/IMG]

NICE... thanks for the help there.. post pictures soon as I do them.. thanks!!!
Old 04-18-2007, 09:46 PM

Thumbs up

I know a lot does not like them but I think its awesome on Silver W203's. It might look good on black but it might be too "bling" depends on the setup.
IMO, it looks perfect but for Silver cars only.. it gives it a slight classy accent of chrome making it more luxurious. Here are some pics.

http://www.imagehoop.com/view_image/...036/sdfdsf.JPG

http://www.imagehoop.com/view_image/415112031/ZCSDZ.JPG

http://www.imagehoop.com/view_image/a9f462059/121.JPG

http://www.imagehoop.com/view_image/.../SDF;KLSFD.JPG

http://www.imagehoop.com/view_image/...010/ESFAWE.JPG
Old 04-18-2007, 09:51 PM

I was just suppose to life up the door handle as i was slipping it in duh
anyways it looks great. But for some reason since they were cheap, it doesnt seem like it was a perfect fit. BUT I still like it. Where did you get yours Lux?
Old 04-18-2007, 09:54 PM

any MODs coming up for you lux? I was thinking about a lip.. which do you think is the best? right now my ride looks awkward, definitely needs a new kit or somehting. If I get that maybe I dont need to lower it I hope. Tints, HIDs and then im all set good to go. NO MORE MODS!!! Stay away from me temptation!
Old 04-18-2007, 09:57 PM

ML55 AMG
I think an AMG kit an some Bix would suit well Maybe add a C55 spoiler...
Old 04-18-2007, 10:12 PM

I think an AMG kit an some Bix would suit well Maybe add a C55 spoiler...
hmmm i like the way you think .

BIX? any pic of a c55 spoiler? wait, dont worry ill search lol
Old 04-18-2007, 10:16 PM

2006 C230 Sport
I know a lot does not like them but I think its awesome on Silver W203's. It might look good on black but it might be too "bling" depends on the setup.
IMO, it looks perfect but for Silver cars only.. it gives it a slight classy accent of chrome making it more luxurious. Here are some pics.

http://www.imagehoop.com/view_image/...036/sdfdsf.JPG

http://www.imagehoop.com/view_image/415112031/ZCSDZ.JPG

http://www.imagehoop.com/view_image/a9f462059/121.JPG

http://www.imagehoop.com/view_image/.../SDF;KLSFD.JPG

http://www.imagehoop.com/view_image/...010/ESFAWE.JPG
Nice to see someone out there has style. I agree with you 100%....the chrome on silver really adds a touch of elegance. Not too tacky, contrary to popular belief out there.

Consider tail light and headlight rings.....they fill in that gap that is there and are still subtle. Attaching a link to a photo of my tail lights.

https://mbworld.org/forums/attachmen...9&d=1176606397
Old 04-18-2007, 10:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E90 M3
yeah i agree, the chrome on silver does look nice
Old 04-18-2007, 11:58 PM

2003 C240
any MODs coming up for you lux? I was thinking about a lip.. which do you think is the best? right now my ride looks awkward, definitely needs a new kit or somehting. If I get that maybe I dont need to lower it I hope. Tints, HIDs and then im all set good to go. NO MORE MODS!!! Stay away from me temptation!
Yeah tint is definitely nice. HIDs are sweet, but too expesive for me right now. Not interested in doing any performance mods at all really. For me, I don't need to drive any faster. Would love to do trunk spoiler and roof spoiler at some point. A front lip doesnt serve a purpose for me, although it does look nice on all of the cars with more extensive mods. Right now, I'm takin it easy, just hoping to dig up some money so I can buy another set of LED tails which I got screwed over on.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:01 AM

2003 C240
I was just suppose to life up the door handle as i was slipping it in duh
anyways it looks great. But for some reason since they were cheap, it doesnt seem like it was a perfect fit. BUT I still like it. Where did you get yours Lux?
Got mine on ebay from user buyersters. Well, mine fit pretty good havent moved a mm since I put them on, but it seems like the middle isnt stuck. After you go through a car wash, you will still have to wipe them.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:11 AM

Got mine on ebay from user buyersters. Well, mine fit pretty good havent moved a mm since I put them on, but it seems like the middle isnt stuck. After you go through a car wash, you will still have to wipe them.
yes yours look like it fits perfectly. Mine has some open spaces but not noticeable. You remember how much it was? There wasnt any tape in the middle of mine. Just the outer lining, what I did was I had a heater and started blasting the door handle itself to make it a warm surface, then I did the inserts before putting them in.. its a simple, cheap upgrade but it is worth a thousand words!!! Looks awesome on Silver rides.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E90 M3
how much did u pay?

because formymercedes sells it for $39 + $37 shipping, more than ebay but not bad still
Old 04-19-2007, 12:20 AM

2003 C240
yes yours look like it fits perfectly. Mine has some open spaces but not noticeable. You remember how much it was? There wasnt any tape in the middle of mine. Just the outer lining, what I did was I had a heater and started blasting the door handle itself to make it a warm surface, then I did the inserts before putting them in.. its a simple, cheap upgrade but it is worth a thousand words!!! Looks awesome on Silver rides.
I agree, it stands out on silver. I remember just cleaning the areas and sticking them on. I paid 28 including shipping from Singapore. Came in a nice neat package and extremely quickly.

I think formymercedes is a rip off for some of their products.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E90 M3
i was just on their site toying around with prices and stuff

and i came up with

Chrome Headlight Trim
Chrome Trunk Handle Trim
Chrome Door Handle Shells
Chrome Tail Light Trim
for a grand total of $300 shipped

i know that it sounds like a lot of chrome, but i think it would actually look good because it stands out a little from the other cars...the one thing that i cant handle would be the chrome mirror covers, absolutely disgusting
Old 04-19-2007, 12:31 AM

2003 C240
Originally Posted by kevblah
i was just on their site toying around with prices and stuff

and i came up with

Chrome Headlight Trim
Chrome Trunk Handle Trim
Chrome Door Handle Shells
Chrome Tail Light Trim
for a grand total of $300 shipped

i know that it sounds like a lot of chrome, but i think it would actually look good because it stands out a little from the other cars...the one thing that i cant handle would be the chrome mirror covers, absolutely disgusting

I say screw that...go ebay...especially for the headlight trim, tail trim, and shells...maybe get the trunk trim from them cuz i dont see them on ebay. The ones where they allow you to make best offer, go a couple to like 3 or 4 dollars less, they'll prolly accept it. I got my mirror covers like that for really cheap. You could save over $100 going ebay. just my opinion
Old 04-19-2007, 12:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E90 M3
I say screw that...go ebay...especially for the headlight trim, tail trim, and shells...maybe get the trunk trim from them cuz i dont see them on ebay. The ones where they allow you to make best offer, go a couple to like 3 or 4 dollars less, they'll prolly accept it. I got my mirror covers like that for really cheap. You could save over $100 going ebay. just my opinion
whoops sorry about dissing the mirror covers, forgot u had them
Old 04-19-2007, 12:41 AM

2003 C240
Originally Posted by kevblah
whoops sorry about dissing the mirror covers, forgot u had them
A**hole!! no no jk, Its all good, its your preference, in fact I'm thinking of maybe taking them off. They are starting to get a lil scratched. Prolly from freakin' idiots in the school parking lot. I wish I had my own private spots, but they tow cars left and right every day. In fact they towed my blazer last semester and robbed me of 75 bux for holding my car less than an hour!
Old 04-19-2007, 12:45 AM

hey you have solo shots of the chrome mirrors? I want to check it out.

Now im not a big fan of chrome and all that but if your ride is silver, chances are a little hint wont hurt since it will blend nicely. My Opinion of course. So if you have a pic post it Lux, just want to check it out.

Mine was around $35 shipped from asia too. Still looks nice!!! hehe, i agree buying OEM on some items but things like this id rather buy whatever that will last. Another one of my opinions too lol
Old 04-19-2007, 12:47 AM

oh like my Wheels, i paid about $200+ more just to get an original instead of a replica. I wasnt trying to get a replica of the milleniums but it was a rep of something else. I dont dislike reps, they were my first choice for my wheels to save money in the first place. But if another original set that pricing wise didnt stand out from the replicas then I will definitely rather get the orig.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help with installation...