C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

K & N Filter in the Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2002, 10:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W212 E63
A closer look at the air filter. Now I am thinking of some way to bring the fresh cold air to the filter.
Old 10-14-2002, 10:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Eason, I think I posted this on another forum recently but here's the good news. The part of the intake that you removed that points to the right can be replaced by the one from the SLK that points to the left and has what looks like a bigger diameter inlet. Also you can get the SLK accordian shaped connecter to attach a tube to this intake. Then run the pipe from that connector down to the area below the left headlight where you will find plenty of cool air and space. A muffler shop should be able to bend the tubing for you pretty cheap to your specs. I think it would look profesional and give you the power you are looking for.
Old 10-15-2002, 10:21 AM

2002 C230 Coupe Black/Charcoal C5 C7 Auto
Originally posted by eason

Here are the numbers from my G-Tech meter:

0-60mph w/normal launch: avg 6.82sec
0-60mph w/ brake torque launch: avg 6.68sec

The C230K equipped with auto, C2, C4, C7 and Dynomax UltraFlow muffler.
Wow those are impressive numbers for an intake and muffler on an auto 3300lbs car! Did you do g-tech before mods as well? when u say normal launch is that just hitting the accel from dead stop? What rpm do you brake launch at? what Rpm do you shift "gears" at? Thanks.
Old 10-15-2002, 03:07 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
why do i see 2 small filters in that last pic? what are they?

It looks like a bottom of a soda bottle and a cupple zip ties is whats working for you. i would like to hear the sound of the supercharger now. is there any way u can reccord it and put it online?
Old 10-15-2002, 06:15 PM

Are the 2 small KN filters for the PCV?

Did u cut the line to install them? Or were they there

Is your metal pipe sitting inside the flange for the SC? You can try a silicone adaptor., I used one on my clk.

And what if you dont have the soda bottle on top of the BOV. What is the purpose?

It is a good step towards making an intake for our cars. I think Buell is right saying we should get the SLK intake piece that points to the left, I saw this on Linh's car. We have the space too install the filter in back of the passenger side headlight.

I have a Civic intake and filter here i can experiment with. Just unsure about the pcv connection.
Old 10-15-2002, 06:18 PM

Pic of the piece

This was a pic I saved when the old mbnz forums were still active.

Linh and his friend Ernest tried this on his slk. The purpose of the cardboard if i remember corectily was for a heatsheild.
Old 10-15-2002, 06:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What if you went to a muffler shop and had them custom bend you an intake out of stainless to go from the accordian hose in the SLK picture above down to the area below the headlamp and then attach the cone filter. The muffler shop can also weld on any brackets you need to hold it in place. If you get it down low enough you won't need a heat shield as heat rises and shouldn't be a problem down there. Also where this would be a metal intake would not absorb that much heat to be an issue. You can get the intake powder coated any color you want. Also I though of taking measurements, make a quick drawing and sending it to one of those places that sells intakes for Civics and seeing if they already have something close. All we need is an L shape.

X15jq, are you in SoCal, maybe we can take a stab at it. Don't think there are any decent intakes for our cars so it's worth a try.

BTW, Linh's SLK is Silver.
Old 10-15-2002, 08:06 PM

Yea, thats his friend Ernest's Slk i think. This was discussed a while ago, and i just saved some of the pic's to my HD.

I WISH i was in Socal! I live in Northern NJ. I am williung to take measurements and stuff if you want. Any idea the cost on the piece that replaces the Right facing intake chute?

It would start with one of those. Then we would just run a 90 deg bend downwards towards the lower bumper?

I have seen this done on a C36. He ran it through the bumper.

The site was

www.2phast.com I belive. Look under the C36 and there is full pics of the process.

On my clk, I have basically a 90 degree curve.

If you are looking for a sort of Elbow that is 3 " in diameter, the ford focus intakes have these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1868682928

and lastly here is a pic of my intake on the clk

https://mbworld.org/forums/attachmen...&postid=169151

Let me know Buell, Im really anxious to learn how to make a good intake for our cars
Old 10-15-2002, 09:40 PM

W212 E63
tberry:
The stock 0-60mph I have recorded with the G-Tech was 7.5sec.
With the brake torque launch, I release the brake at about 3500rpm.. Just when I feel the tire start to spin(don't do it too much, might overheat the transmittion). Normal launch is just hitting the gas pedal with the gear at "D" just floor it and let the computer do all the shifting, I find that is the fastest.

BlackC230Coupe:
The 2 small filters are the crankcase vent filter, it's for release the air in the crankcase. I have a small clip on how it sound, but I don't know how to post on the net. You can give me your e-mail address then I can e-mail to you.

x15jq
I didn't cut any line to install the crankcase filter, I just pull it off from the stock airbox. I don't thing silicone adapter will wok, sincer there is no place for me to claim on. The metel pipe is sitting on the plastic flange for the S/C and it seal the air very good. The purpose of the soda bottle above the BOV is to prevent stone or and little things to drop in. I drilled 4 holes on the top of the sode bottle to release the boost from the BOV, since the holes are very small, when the BOV release the boost, it creates a"pppssshhhh" sound. The BOV in our car DO NOT create any "pppssshhh" sound, becasue the opening of the BOV is very big.

I will go to a muffler shop hopeful this week and ask them to bent me a pipe that goes to the left. But first I have to see if anything will go wrong before I change more.
Old 10-15-2002, 10:12 PM

If ya could shoot an email of that clip

r26blue@hotmail.com

Thanks, so your saying those little crankcase filters are under the plastic cover when i take it off?

Its all new to me excuse the questions

and what is the diameter of the intake pipe to mount to the SC opening? 3'?
Old 10-15-2002, 10:13 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!

BlackC230Coupe:
The 2 small filters are the crankcase vent filter, it's for release the air in the crankcase. I have a small clip on how it sound, but I don't know how to post on the net. You can give me your e-mail address then I can e-mail to you.
Thanks, u can send it to: BlackC230Coupe@aol.com
Old 10-15-2002, 11:52 PM

W212 E63
BlackC230Coupe:

I have sent you the file already, the size of the clip is 2.4meg, please tell me if you can't receive it. If you can, you can post it to the board.
Old 10-16-2002, 06:03 PM

I wanna hear it too!
Old 10-16-2002, 10:05 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
BlackC230Coupe:

I have sent you the file already, the size of the clip is 2.4meg, please tell me if you can't receive it. If you can, you can post it to the board.
i got it thanks. i can hear the pshhhhhh but i am sure it sounds better in person. and no i dont think its possible to post it directly on the board.
Old 10-16-2002, 10:18 PM
gab

can you send it to me too?

burburlulu@yahoo.com

Is it possible to route the air intake to the bottom part of the engine where there is airflow?

If we can prototype the cold air intake I cant see why we cannot sell them at $150-$200 a piece with K&N cone filter
Old 10-17-2002, 01:44 AM

W212 E63
gab:

You sure your yahoo mail box can receive a 2.4meg file? If yes, I will sent it to you right away.