C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Advan's C55 AMG, C320 Coupe & BMW E60 thread (Update August 2009)

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-12-2010, 10:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C55 ///AMG, 535xi
Thanks guys! I personally like how the BMWs handle over the MBs, i test drove the C63, it had a lot of power but it didnt handle well like the M3 did, and the M3's power feels more like raw power.

I chose the sedan version over the coupe bc everyone HAS the coupe, and i didnt want my parents, or friends to be climbing in and out of the car, so 4 doors is better!

I already have a list of mods planned,
here is a picture...

first few things are gonna be Vorsteiner front and rear diffusers, BMW performance rear spoiler, I got the competition package so I'll have those sexy ZCP CSLs!
and I will not be getting the CSL boot, since I'm gonna run with the competition/performance spoiler!

Old 05-12-2010, 01:28 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
skip the vorsteiner garbage plz...LOL
Old 05-12-2010, 09:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55 ///AMG, 535xi
^lol why frank? They make some pretty decent BMW stuff.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C320 Sport, 2010 C300 Sport
The M3 is a great car. I suddenly have this feeling you're going to be contacting HP Freaks... if so... GO FOR IT! lmao.
Also, Eurodyne is a great place to get your stuff too. I've worked with them for quite a while and Jo even organized the 20+ BMW that we took to SEMA last year.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:36 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally Posted by advans
^lol why frank? They make some pretty decent BMW stuff.
lol...u should see what they're saying on e90/e60.

but basically i hate add-on stuff that has no aerodynamic value or being light weight. stuff like ACS lip, diffuser, etc are probably tested within wind tunnel, but stuff like Vorsteiner that basically just extend their CSL-copied style onto everything else has no real performance value to me.

if you just like their style, just get replica stuff.

Last edited by FrankW; 05-13-2010 at 06:44 AM.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 g35 coupe...........02 c32 Sold
congrats on the new ride.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55 ///AMG, 535xi
Originally Posted by FrankW

but basically i hate add-on stuff that has no aerodynamic value or being light weight. stuff like ACS lip, diffuser, etc are probably tested within wind tunnel, but stuff like Vorsteiner that basically just extend their CSL-copied style onto everything else has no real performance value to me.

hmm, I was looking at the replica stuff, I might get that if it is really a fraction of the cost. I just like their style, i never believe anything is really aerodynamic haha

I prob wont be doing any engine/performance mods, just visuals/cosmetic mods as of now!
Old 05-13-2010, 10:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55 ///AMG, 535xi
LOL tracking my E60

Old 05-13-2010, 12:17 PM
PREMIER SPONSOR

None fast enough!

FYI, ACS does no tunnel testing.

Also, FWIW, we do extensive testing with vorsteiner on our track/race cars and the parts do add REAL performance. You can beleive it or not, but all of our race cars wear all Vorsteiner CF body parts!

Advans, If you need any help with the VST stuff, let me know. We are their biggest distributor! Or anything else for the M3. I think you will want our pulley to start at the least!

thanks
Brad
Old 05-13-2010, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
THE C350
LOL tracking my E60

lol and then you buy another
lol JK if i didn't love the slk55 and g55 i would have an m3
Old 05-13-2010, 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL203
i hope you're not referring to the rear bumper
Attached Thumbnails Advan's C55 AMG, C320 Coupe & BMW E60 thread (Update August 2009)-bmw_vorsteiner.jpg  
Old 05-13-2010, 01:25 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
What, no P1 options? I LOVE the lemon interior; that would be my choice on any Bimmer.

Looking forward to the post-pickup pics. Judging by the color swatch, it's a black that looks purple-ish in the light? Never heard of that color before.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:42 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally Posted by brad @ evosport
FYI, ACS does no tunnel testing.

Also, FWIW, we do extensive testing with vorsteiner on our track/race cars and the parts do add REAL performance. You can beleive it or not, but all of our race cars wear all Vorsteiner CF body parts!

Advans, If you need any help with the VST stuff, let me know. We are their biggest distributor! Or anything else for the M3. I think you will want our pulley to start at the least!

thanks
Brad
no offense... Brad, do you do a "vorsteiner" keyword search every day or what?

I only see a vorsteiner hood on your race M3 btw. correct me if i'm wrong.

the front I don't believe Vorsteiner makes those purposeful but ugly canards alone with the fused lower lip. At least I do not see them on Vorsteiner website.

the rear wing is definitely NOT Vorsteiner as well as we all know Vorsteiner does not make those rear diffuser extension for sale.

they might be able to make it to your spec according to how you want your race-car to be setup, but doesn't mean their street car app. gives out any REAL performance gain other than being lighter than regular steel panels.

However I rather go with a brand that's established itself for some 40 some odd years than a brand that started itself by copying BMW M Gmbh's CSL design.

and BTW, here's that wind tunnel test for you... http://www.ac-schnitzer.de/en/bmw-ca...opment/design/

To be honest, anyone can add a front splitter to the bottom of the front bumper and adds down force and adjust it depending on how much down force you want (as most car enthusiast probably watched that Top Gear episode where the three stoogies turned a diesel e46 into a race-car). I'm no engineer, but from ACS's own site looks like there's more to just designing a ok looking front lip.

I think that last part of your post pretty much summed up why you made your post.

Last edited by FrankW; 05-13-2010 at 01:46 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:48 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
hmm, I was looking at the replica stuff, I might get that if it is really a fraction of the cost. I just like their style, i never believe anything is really aerodynamic haha

I prob wont be doing any engine/performance mods, just visuals/cosmetic mods as of now!
cool, let me know if you need hook-up on those. buddy of mine with the e92 M3 has some connections. lol
Old 05-13-2010, 03:10 PM
PREMIER SPONSOR

None fast enough!
no offense... Brad, do you do a "vorsteiner" keyword search every day or what?
Nope, but I have been subscribed to this thread for a VERY long time! I like watching advans mod his cars!

I only see a vorsteiner hood on your race M3 btw. correct me if i'm wrong.
Nope:
  • evosport Race bumper made for us exclusively by Vorsteiner
  • Vorsteiner GTR hood
  • Vorsteiner CF Roof
  • Vorsteiner CF CSL Decklid
  • evosport race wing made for us exclusively by Vorsteiner

the front I don't believe Vorsteiner makes those purposeful but ugly canards alone with the fused lower lip. At least I do not see them on Vorsteiner website.
Those are Varis, and are VERY functional. The addition of the diffuser and vortex generators added a nice bump to rear downforce without drag (we datalog using shock pot's and GPS track data via an AIM MXL Pro).

the rear wing is definitely NOT Vorsteiner as well as we all know Vorsteiner does not make those rear diffuser extension for sale.
See above, Vorsteiner does make the wing, and they make a very nice Porsche wing. All the wings are built to proper race spec

they might be able to make it to your spec according to how you want your race-car to be setup, but doesn't mean their street car app. gives out any REAL performance gain other than being lighter than regular steel panels.
Believe what you want, but they do.

Again, logging via AIM MXL, we have seen down force gains with the CSL bumper, the race bumper, the CSL trunk.

We have also seen 10+ degrees lowering of temps with GTR hoods.

If the parts did not work, we would not use them on race cars - PERIOD! My customers pay for the best and would buy whatever works.

However I rather go with a brand that's established itself for some 40 some odd years than a brand that started itself by copying BMW M Gmbh's CSL design.
I am confused then. Why then are you telling him to use pure asian replica pieces from other dealers? Vorsteiner engineers their parts, even if they are similar to OE at some level (like ACS did in the early days) while the other companies just replicate product.

and BTW, here's that wind tunnel test for you... http://www.ac-schnitzer.de/en/bmw-ca...opment/design/
Good find and I will clarify that they did it for one custom widebody, not all the add on pieces that you are commenting on for the M3 or earlier cars. I have been to the ACS headquarters in Aachen, nice place. I understand the level of engineering. However, wind tunnel testing is not the norm.

To be honest, anyone can add a front splitter to the bottom of the front bumper and adds down force and adjust it depending on how much down force you want (as most car enthusiast probably watched that Top Gear episode where the three stoogies turned a diesel e46 into a race-car). I'm no engineer, but from ACS's own site looks like there's more to just designing a ok looking front lip.
Agreed. That is why we use Vorsteiner as they also do engineering and real world/track testing.

I think that last part of your post pretty much summed up why you made your post.
Not really. We are a distributor BECAUSE of these things, not the other way around. We certainly could choose to use anyone we want or make things ourselves.

Just like you are free to believe anything you want, even if it is not accurate!

Regardless, let's not threadjack anymore on this. If you want to discuss, feel free to email me.

thanks
brad
Old 05-14-2010, 12:10 AM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
hmm...the hood adds cooling...of course it would with the vents DESIGNED BY M GMBH from the e46 M3 GTR!! the cf roof, the CSL style trunk....oh wait...those DESIGN/engineering came from M Gmbh as well.

the front bumper and the rear wing like I said ( i probably wasn't clear) on your race car can be made by any manufacturer that can produce good quality CF as long as you have a design guy that can do 3D rendering and they have the ability to turn those into clay models and then molds. nothing really to do with their regular street products.

the vorsteiner porsche rear wing. i looked at it and immediately thought of the 997 GT2 rear wing with the side scope combined with a larger adjustable wing on top-an idea maybe from the GT3-...what exactly did they engineer other than adding two and two together. i'm confused here.

ACS tunnels their custom one-off show car and not give any test on their regular products that people actually buy?....hmm....

I actually liked Vorsteiner stuff up until they called out some people on bmw forums on calling on people copying their products and denied the fact that they started by copying BMW M CSL products. Not that they don't make good products btw.

like Gary said, he's looking for the style, not so much on made by vorsteiner. he asked why I said what I've said and I answered.

Last edited by FrankW; 05-14-2010 at 12:46 AM.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:47 AM
PREMIER SPONSOR

None fast enough!
hmm...the hood adds cooling...of course it would with the vents DESIGNED BY M GMBH from the e46 M3 GTR!! the cf roof, the CSL style trunk....oh wait...those DESIGN/engineering came from M Gmbh as well.
Again, not to threadjack, but to clarify. The hood cooling ducts on the GTR hood were NOT designed as cooling by BMW. They were designed for the V8 cars that had the radiator exits plummed up against the hood. This was not for engine ambient cooling or heat release.

You can see here:

the vorsteiner porsche rear wing. i looked at it and immediately thought of the 997 GT2 rear wing with the side scope combined with a larger adjustable wing on top-an idea maybe from the GT3-...what exactly did they engineer other than adding two and two together. i'm confused here.
Look closer.

he asked why I said what I've said and I answered.
What i asked is why it is ok for your other favored companies to sell BLATANT copy-cat products and it is not ok for Vorsteiner to have started that way?

thanks
brad
Old 05-14-2010, 12:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
01' C32o
Let's keep Gary's thread clean guys!
Old 05-14-2010, 02:27 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
What i asked is why it is ok for your other favored companies to sell BLATANT copy-cat products and it is not ok for Vorsteiner to have started that way?

thanks
brad

you are not saying ACS "copied" someone are you...

you say you like how Gary mod his cars, yet a simple search in this thread shows you only post when you get an opportunity to advertise when NO ONE is asking. stick to your "sponsored" forum bro.

and FIY...this is a pic of the M3 GTR street car engine bay...there's no radiator yet they still kept the vents for cooling purpose.

Last edited by FrankW; 05-14-2010 at 02:37 PM.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:40 PM
PREMIER SPONSOR

None fast enough!
you are not saying ACS "copied" someone are you...
Deflect much? No, ACS does not copy, but that was not the only company you mentioned, was it?

you say you like how Gary mod his cars, yet a simple search in this thread shows you only post when you get an opportunity to advertise when NO ONE is asking. stick to your "sponsored" forum bro.
Offering to help someone with parts that they state they want to buy is a very big part of sponsoring a forum (but I am sure you know this).

How about you figure out how to discuss something without snide and insulting remarks. The rest of us here can carry on a conversation without such comments, why can't you?

and FIY...this is a pic of the M3 GTR street car engine bay...there's no radiator yet they still kept the vents for cooling purpose.

The vents on the street GTR have nothing to do with the race car or the Vorsteiner hood. Or am I missing something?

As I said before, if you want to discuss, please email or PM so we don't further pollute this thread.

Thanks
Brad
Old 05-14-2010, 03:01 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Deflect much? No, ACS does not copy, but that was not the only company you mentioned, was it?

Offering to help someone with parts that they state they want to buy is a very big part of sponsoring a forum (but I am sure you know this).

How about you figure out how to discuss something without snide and insulting remarks. The rest of us here can carry on a conversation without such comments, why can't you?

The vents on the street GTR have nothing to do with the race car or the Vorsteiner hood. Or am I missing something?

As I said before, if you want to discuss, please email or PM so we don't further pollute this thread.

Thanks
Brad
read again cuz obviously you can't read... I only mentioned TWO company which is ACS and Vorsteiner.

telling a sponsor to stick to the forum they sponsor is an insult??

there's two version of the GTR Road car hood if you don't know. The one Vorsteiner copied and the one in that pic. Here's the one Vorsteiner gets their "engineering" from

Vorsteiner directly can probably hook Gary up if he decides to go with the authentic stuff. like how they hook my buddies up who were in Europrojktz.

there's no need to "discuss" with you because there's nothing to discuss with a sponsor when they decide to butt in on general discussion.

you are now on my ignore list. good bye.
Old 05-15-2010, 10:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55 ///AMG, 535xi
thanks for the info brad! appreciate the help!

frank i'll update you as soon as I get the car and decided what I want to get!

Tommy and tommy, thanks! I ordered the M3 with a ///M exclusive color "Jerez Black" with a Red Fox Novillo interior! I'm now in toronto, spotting out for our CA members!
Old 05-15-2010, 11:06 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 ML350
A big congrats Gary. That interior color choice is sweet.
Old 06-06-2010, 02:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55 ///AMG, 535xi
OMG OMG OMG OMG

ordered the M3 Edition front grill, BMW Performance Rear spoiler, gonna pick up the VRS front spoiler next week

Old 06-06-2010, 02:47 PM

C240
Been hiding in your thread reading all the great information! Almost there, man!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Advan's C55 AMG, C320 Coupe & BMW E60 thread (Update August 2009)