C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Gauged rims on install and new Kumho Tires are awesome

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 10:57 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gauged rims on install and new Kumho Tires are awesome

Quick Story:

I went to the Department Store with the big tool section to buy snow tires and have them installed this winter. When I picked up my car I noticed something looked funny... they had out the 8.5" wheels up front and the 7.5" wheels in back... I then became suspicious of the job and checked my rims. Well, every rim had a guage about half an inch from the edge of the rim. I also noticed that on each of the 5 stars, the rim had been rubbed... obviously the installer had put the rims down face first on the concrete. I complained to the manager and after ordering less than satisfactory refinished stock rims from somewhere, they bought me 4 brand new rims from Mercedes. So in the end I now had scratched stock rims for my snows and 4 brand new rims for my summers.

New Kumho Tires: It was time to put my summers back on (the stoch Michelin Pilots), and I noticed the rear tires were worn right down to the warning nub. After researching tires, I decided not to break the bank with the Michelins and instead bought Kumho Ecsta MX tires from TireRack. I had them shipped and installed at NTB (which worked out great... no scratches on the new rims). So far I love the Kumho's. I feel like I can whip my c230k SS around corners like I used to be able to do in an old VW GTI I had.

...End of Story
Old 05-24-2007, 10:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E90 M3
Awesome!
Old 05-24-2007, 11:02 AM

2003 C230K SS (6 spd)
Can't beat that!!!!
Old 05-24-2007, 12:26 PM

w211 e500
+2 Good deal !

I made Discount tire replace my front passenger rim due to when they installed my 19 tire, they chipped up a super small edge of my clear finish, and after one bad rain it started chipping like cancer.

They sent ordered a new wheel overnight and installed the new rubber, and also gave me the lifetime replacement tire service on the other 3. p-zero's. all it cost me was the 7 minutes i used on my crackberry to rip them a new one for damaging my brand new rim.

Love freebees.

Last edited by outaurleague; 05-24-2007 at 12:30 PM.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Stage 2 C7 A6, QX60
wow, sweet

i might get Kumho tires too, never heard bad things about it, and very reasonable priced
Old 05-25-2007, 09:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
Something Slow
i had Kumho SPT on my 19" wheels and they was Great. better than the Toyo Proxes 4 to me.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:37 PM

BMW 135i
Originally Posted by HockeyPhreke
Quick Story:

I went to the Department Store with the big tool section to buy snow tires and have them installed this winter. When I picked up my car I noticed something looked funny... they had out the 8.5" wheels up front and the 7.5" wheels in back... I then became suspicious of the job and checked my rims. Well, every rim had a guage about half an inch from the edge of the rim. I also noticed that on each of the 5 stars, the rim had been rubbed... obviously the installer had put the rims down face first on the concrete. I complained to the manager and after ordering less than satisfactory refinished stock rims from somewhere, they bought me 4 brand new rims from Mercedes. So in the end I now had scratched stock rims for my snows and 4 brand new rims for my summers.

New Kumho Tires: It was time to put my summers back on (the stoch Michelin Pilots), and I noticed the rear tires were worn right down to the warning nub. After researching tires, I decided not to break the bank with the Michelins and instead bought Kumho Ecsta MX tires from TireRack. I had them shipped and installed at NTB (which worked out great... no scratches on the new rims). So far I love the Kumho's. I feel like I can whip my c230k SS around corners like I used to be able to do in an old VW GTI I had.

...End of Story

Good thing to know they work good,Cuz i was thinking of getting the Kumho Ecsta MX for my self but i got my nitto invo instead i wonder wich has better Grip? myabe those will be my next tires